Sign in to follow this  
Raphy

LEGO Racers 2012?

Hey guys,

remember me? Here's a topic for the 2012 year of LEGO Racers (I noticed there wasn't one yet - Racers used to be a cult theme, but I'm afraid its fandom is slowly dying). Will they be making more Tiny Turbos, you think? Or will the Tiny Turbo line be continued for this year as Cars 1 and 2 models? And if so, do you think that will bring us ever more new parts, or just re-hashes?

Edited by Raphy

Have you seen the prelims of the upcoming Cars sets? Seeing as there are quite a few single cars among them, I guess these will be replacing TTs for now. The only new part, as far as I can tell, is that big spoiler. There are several other Cars sets being released next year, so I think Racers is making way for the Cars theme for now.

An image from a retailer's catalog has revealed that there are at least four Racers sets due to be released next year: 9092, 9093, 9094, and 9095. They are four different monster trucks that seem to eject their drivers when the sets' bumpers collide, similar to some of the earliest Racers sets. Unlike those, though, these sets use regular minifigures, and are brick-built with no sign of <insert that tiresome argument> parts (although the actual structure for all of them seems identical, the vehicles themselves seem unrealistic, and frankly the line doesn't interest me aside from some of the pieces).

Can't find any copies of the pictures online, but any sites that are still hosting 2012 images might have the pictures (the page opposite is a full-page Ninjago promotional graphic)

Edited by Aanchir

I think Oky's right.

And, as a fan of TTs, I think we've seen a good lot of them over the last 6 years so it's not much of a problem if they are gone (for now)

Hopefully, they will come back in a year or two (I mean, how long can the Cars license last?)

The new racer sets use a lot of Cars parts. I might pick it up for parts. Also the minifig looks kinda like world racer minifigs, at least color-wise.