Jump to content


Dagobah (Completed)


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 24 September 2011 - 01:55 AM, said:

Dude AC!  That's great! :thumbup: You really captured the scene very well.  The editing is great too.
Besides the glow effect, I've had to darken the overall pic to get the appropriate mood for it.

View PostM<0><0<DSWIM, on 24 September 2011 - 04:18 AM, said:

Very nice!  I like how you added the "real" backdrop and how you have Yoda hiding in the stump.  "I'm looking for a great warrior." "OH!  Wars do not make one great!  HeHe."  :yoda:
He was hiding behind the stump in the actual scene, just put a little Lego-ish spin to it.  :grin:

AC

PS. Added a close-up pic for you lazy bastards who don't click to get more details!  :laugh:
Posted Image

#27 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21548
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

View PostACPin, on 24 September 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

Besides the glow effect, I've had to darken the overall pic to get the appropriate mood for it.
Quite well done, too. Even though it's a WIP, between the glow effects and the mud splatters, it simply had to be...

Posted Image

#28 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

  • Straight Up Cero!


    Posts: 3037
    Joined: 30-August 10
    Member: 12949
    Country: Canada

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

This is very well done! I like how its mostly organic unlike most Starwars MOCs which are mechanical. :sweet:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#29 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 25 September 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

Quite well done, too. Even though it's a WIP, between the glow effects and the mud splatters, it simply had to be...

Posted Image
Thanks for the blog!

View Postceroknight, on 25 September 2011 - 01:09 AM, said:

This is very well done! I like how its mostly organic unlike most Starwars MOCs which are mechanical. :sweet:
Change of pace this time after the DS scenes.

AC

PS. Already working on the next scene.  :wink:
Posted Image

#30 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

I just saw this on the blog, and I can't believe I missed it.  I love the gritty feel that this scene has, it really looks like a scene from a movie (in LEGO of course).  There is just the right amount of dirt on R2, and the angles of your pictures really do the scene justice.  I just love that tree too, it really represents a thick marshy rain forest type feel, just like on Dagobah.

As always I'm a fan. Great great work!!

#31 Cave Bear

Cave Bear

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 27-August 11
    Member: 20056

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Do you ever make ANY bad creations AC? I just can't help but love this little scene I don't know what it is about it, the dirt on R2 D2 is a nice effect.

#32 2k gold

2k gold

    Posts: 21
    Joined: 28-September 11
    Member: 20683

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

That is just pure amazing. I like the "dirty" effect on R2, also like how you redid Luke's hair to be more appropriate to Lego's new design.
Check out $2k on Flickr!

#33 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 30 September 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

I just saw this on the blog, and I can't believe I missed it.  I love the gritty feel that this scene has, it really looks like a scene from a movie (in LEGO of course).  There is just the right amount of dirt on R2, and the angles of your pictures really do the scene justice.  I just love that tree too, it really represents a thick marshy rain forest type feel, just like on Dagobah.

As always I'm a fan. Great great work!!
Thanks and you should drop by LSW more often.  :sweet:

View PostCave Bear, on 30 September 2011 - 10:00 PM, said:

Do you ever make ANY bad creations AC? I just can't help but love this little scene I don't know what it is about it, the dirt on R2 D2 is a nice effect.
I do but I never take pics of them until I'm fully satisfied.  :laugh:

View Post2k gold, on 02 October 2011 - 02:43 AM, said:

That is just pure amazing. I like the "dirty" effect on R2, also like how you redid Luke's hair to be more appropriate to Lego's new design.
That's the surfer's hair which I've used for Luke in other MOCs.

AC
Posted Image

#34 Concept

Concept

    Posts: 139
    Joined: 20-September 11
    Member: 20546
    Country: Australia

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

Every time I look at these Star Wars dioramas I have to go and find it in the movies, I just can't help it lol

Nice work :)

#35 Tanma

Tanma

    Posts: 2193
    Joined: 11-September 11
    Member: 20377

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

Wow, this certainly grew since I last saw it. A lot of detail wentinto this, I have to say I enjoy the movie background. It really highlights the similarities between the film and the scene.

Posted Image
De'kra stats

My stories: Knifefish Automaton Knifefish 2 Kaeru Kitsune Spiders Spiders 2 To Come Upon Living Machines The Hunt

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged" - Jaller(Jala)
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)


#36 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

    Posts: 1320
    Joined: 08-April 11
    Member: 17142
    Country: OZ

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:32 AM

very nice, the whole moc captures the dark, wet feel of the original scene, dirt on R2 is a nice touch
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#37 wokajablocka

wokajablocka

    Posts: 809
    Joined: 27-August 10
    Member: 12884
    Country: Australia

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

Well APCin I thought I was looking at a sceenshot from ESB, youve done a great job on making the scene look like Dagobah. Love the lighting and dirt.
Brickshelf

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

May the Brick be with you!

#38 legolooney

legolooney

    Posts: 179
    Joined: 12-November 09
    Member: 8164
    Country: England

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

Liking the look of thsi so far.

Is it gonna keep getting bigger, or is more stuff going to get squeezed in??

#39 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:33 AM

View PostConcept, on 03 October 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

Every time I look at these Star Wars dioramas I have to go and find it in the movies, I just can't help it lol

Nice work :)
I've been told that they have that effect on others too!  :grin:

View PostTanma, on 03 October 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

Wow, this certainly grew since I last saw it. A lot of detail wentinto this, I have to say I enjoy the movie background. It really highlights the similarities between the film and the scene.
It's growing bigger!  :laugh:

View Postwokajablocka, on 05 October 2011 - 04:17 AM, said:

Well APCin I thought I was looking at a sceenshot from ESB, youve done a great job on making the scene look like Dagobah. Love the lighting and dirt.
Added another scene to this.

View Postlegolooney, on 05 October 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

Liking the look of thsi so far.

Is it gonna keep getting bigger, or is more stuff going to get squeezed in??
The latest installment gives you a better idea.

AC

PS. You can all go back to the first post to see what happened.
Posted Image

#40 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21548
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

Luke's hair definitely looks better that way. Will you be building a custom T-65 for this, or is the stock one final?

#41 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 10 October 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

Luke's hair definitely looks better that way. Will you be building a custom T-65 for this, or is the stock one final?
I've used that surfer hair for Luke in different scenes and unfortunately due to time constraints, what details you see on this scene is final. Got to move on to the final scene to complete this MOC.

AC.

PS. Just added a closeup pic.
Posted Image

#42 Raphy

Raphy

    Posts: 406
    Joined: 20-January 09
    Member: 5062

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

I'm glad you're using the first edition X-Wing, it was by far the best in scale and style :D

#43 Jedi master Brick

Jedi master Brick

    Posts: 1991
    Joined: 12-May 11
    Member: 17806
    Country: UK

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

This is really good again ACPin.  The water looks really nice.  the trees look excellent, the choice of bricks is perfect.
Posted Image Posted Image[bElgar Gligin, [/b]human, 24 years old, level 22 2/3 druid in Heroica RPG
Jeddam Ashenbow in Sandy's Cruel angel's theis

#44 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:16 AM

The grey of 7140 fits in wonderfully with the general muckiness of the whole scene. Lighting is very nice as well... I suppose we'll be looking for a great warrior soon?

View PostBrickdoctor, on 10 October 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

Luke's hair definitely looks better that way. Will you be building a custom T-65 for this, or is the stock one final?

It’s modded... :wink:

View PostRaphy, on 11 October 2011 - 03:20 PM, said:

I'm glad you're using the first edition X-Wing, it was by far the best in scale and style :D

I wouldn’t say it was the best in scale, but it was definitely the best in style. :wub:

#45 GingerWookiee

GingerWookiee

    Posts: 64
    Joined: 14-May 11
    Member: 17835
    Country: England

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

change in faces

#46 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

    Posts: 4155
    Joined: 31-October 09
    Member: 8037
    Country: Italy

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Sorry to bump this MOC up to the top, but I've just found it and it looks absolutely amazing. The giant trees are fantastic!
Great work!
Posted Image   Posted Image

#47 Rufus

Rufus

  • Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!


    Posts: 5041
    Joined: 15-July 09
    Member: 6705
    Country: England

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

View PostGingerWookiee, on 16 October 2011 - 10:52 AM, said:

change in faces
Hello GingerWookiee, please avoid meaningless posts like this one.  Thank you.

#48 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

View PostRaphy, on 11 October 2011 - 03:20 PM, said:

I'm glad you're using the first edition X-Wing, it was by far the best in scale and style :D
I'm a sucker for the classic sets.  :grin:

View PostJedi master Brick, on 11 October 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

This is really good again ACPin.  The water looks really nice.  the trees look excellent, the choice of bricks is perfect.
That's the general idea!  :sweet:

View Postfallenangel309, on 12 October 2011 - 05:16 AM, said:

The grey of 7140 fits in wonderfully with the general muckiness of the whole scene. Lighting is very nice as well... I suppose we'll be looking for a great warrior soon?

It’s modded... :wink:

I wouldn’t say it was the best in scale, but it was definitely the best in style. :wub:

View PostLEGO Train 12 Volts, on 17 October 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

Sorry to bump this MOC up to the top, but I've just found it and it looks absolutely amazing. The giant trees are fantastic!
Great work!
And now it's completed! Go back to the top and see the final scene!

AC
Posted Image

#49 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

    Posts: 1320
    Joined: 08-April 11
    Member: 17142
    Country: OZ

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

first pic is a lil on the darkside (no pun intended) but everything else looks great, the moc captures the atmosphere of the scene beautifully
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#50 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21548
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

:drool:
This MOC has it all - photography, special effects, building techniques - excellent work.

Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users