Fives

Kingdoms 2012?

I've noticed that in all of the other forums, pics of new sets for 2012 are popping up for all sorts of themes, but there has been no news of any new Kingdoms sets. Does this mean that Kingdoms is discontinued, and if yes, what will replace it?

I've noticed that in all of the other forums, pics of new sets for 2012 are popping up for all sorts of themes, but there has been no news of any new Kingdoms sets. Does this mean that Kingdoms is discontinued, and if yes, what will replace it?

There's no way of knowing for sure. I personally thought it had been discontinued after its first wave since there weren't any Kingdoms sets for the first half of 2011, but then there was a wave in the second half of the year. So it's possible that the same thing will happen this year. Alternatively, it might truly be over, but if so it's unclear what, if anything, would replace it.

Kingdoms will go out with a bang getting one final 5-digit set next year: 10223 Kingdoms Joust. As it's a Lego exclusive who knows when we can expect to see pictures of that.

Im pretty sure that 10223 Kingdoms Joust is the last Kingdoms set we'll see. At least for a while...

Kingdoms will go out with a bang getting one final 5-digit set next year: 10223 Kingdoms Joust. As it's a Lego exclusive who knows when we can expect to see pictures of that.

Im pretty sure that 10223 Kingdoms Joust is the last Kingdoms set we'll see. At least for a while...

Well, this sounds interesting. I am truly hoping that LOTR replaces Kingdoms, but who knows...

I find that in some cases the unauthorized leaks are less than accurate. Sometimes folks show things that never show up or sets that turn out to be different. I also have found those who post pictures they have agreed not to tend to show what interests them and not "everything".

So I have to take this latest wave or unauthorized leaked pictures with a grain of salt.

Well, this sounds interesting. I am truly hoping that LOTR replaces Kingdoms, but who knows...

Well, I certainly hope that this will not be the case as I just got forced from the pirate realm into caslte due to POTC. So no LOTR for me if it's licensed!!

No one knows for sure and Castle is normally scheduled for the second half of the year! We can still "hope" that Kingdoms might still continue.

I don't think there's ever been a Castle wave in the first half of the year, it always comes in summer. I don't know what they could do for it, but I want Kingdoms to stay.

The past few years castle sets have been released in the Summer wave. Right now we have leaks for the Winter sets. Just going by the past few years, if there are no Kingdoms sets at the Toy Fairs in January and February, that would be when to think the line might be over. Other than that though, the lack of Kingdoms sets in the Winter theme is completely unsurprising since they only released the most recent Kingdoms wave a couple of months ago.

My wallet will surely be happy if TLG replaces Kingdoms with a licensed theme. I´m allergic to licensed themes and the fleshie figs! It much more expensive to get a set just because the figs looks like some movie character.

So I really hope that castle will remain as one of three branches (city and space being the other two)of Lego that they never take away...

If Kingdoms is replaced by a licensed theme, I hope PotC ends. It will be a travesty, in my eyes, if all the basic LEGO themes are replaced by licensed themes. I'm not a license hater by any means, but I don't want everything (or nearly everything) to be licensed. That would really suck.

I think that like others are saying here, I agree, the castle theme isn't in the catalog (leaks) because it won't come out first half of the year. I hope there is more than just the one big set we are expecting since not everyone can afford a big set.

Don't we still need a castle for the Dragon knights?

I don't think there's ever been a Castle wave in the first half of the year, it always comes in summer. I don't know what they could do for it, but I want Kingdoms to stay.

Very true. :thumbup:

I think (and hope) that Kingdoms will continue in the summer wave, and in the meantime we'll get the Kingdoms Joust.

Perhaps we should merge this with the Joust topic? Just a thought.

In any case, even if Kingdoms ends, it will only be a matter of time before we get a replacement Castle theme. :classic:

I think the only reason TLG would discontinue Kingdoms in 2012 was if they had acquired a license that they hadn't planned on when they started Kingdoms. For the amount of new pieces in the Kingdom sets, it seems like they were making an investment in a theme that would be around for longer than just a year or two. I predict we will have some kind of summer release in 2012, either LOTR or a continuation of Kingdom sets. As a few people have mentioned, the lack of Kingdom sets in the per-liminary leaks doesn't mean there won't be any next year. I would wait until the New York Toy Fair before losing hope that more sets will be coming.

I personally think there is at least one more wave of good sets left in Kingdoms. Even after MMV came out there was still a final wave of the Fantasy Castle sets that got released. I'm thinking there will probably be 3 or 4 more Kingdoms sets next summer along with the exclusive jousting set. I'm a huge LOTR fan but I don't think that it would make that great of a Lego theme.

I think that Kingdoms is the worst castle theme ever and I hope that it will be replaced.

What is MMV?

Edited by PirateMatt

My wallet will surely be happy if TLG replaces Kingdoms with a licensed theme. I´m allergic to licensed themes and the fleshie figs! It much more expensive to get a set just because the figs looks like some movie character.

So I really hope that castle will remain as one of three branches (city and space being the other two)of Lego that they never take away...

Actually space was canceled from 2001(or 2000, I forget) to 2007. It came back, but that still was a gap of six years to seven years.

From what I can work out a theme ending could be displayed by the number of sets decreasing - first wave 7, second wave 3, third 1 ? :look:

I hope for this theme continuing in the second half next year as part from city it's my next favorite theme. :classic:

I think that Kingdoms is the worst castle theme ever and I hope that it will be replaced.

What is MMV?

Opinions about Kingdoms aside (I happen to love it :classic: ), MMV refers to set 10193 - "Medieval Market Village" which was the last big set (I believe) for the previous Castle theme.

What is MMV?

I can tell you're new to this because you denounce Kingdoms as even worse than the infamous "Jellybean Knights" with their iffy designs, shaky builds, and garish colour scheme (And because you don't know what the MMV is). :tongue:

To my mind, Kingdoms is one of the better Castle lines in a while. The sets are solidly built, the designs aren't too flashy, and the sets are more aesthetically pleasing in a subtle, dressed-down kind of way.

As you may have inferred from that statement, I hope Kingdoms continues. :grin:

I'm quite sure the next wave should appear in the summer of 2012.

But I don't think Kingdoms will continue, and else it would be the last wave,

since that's the pattern they've been doing lately. (castle...)

Also, think of it; they recently released the Heroica games. What if this would be made into an actual theme?

I myself can see that happening. If not, I'm hoping for another fantasy theme with creatures such as goblins, more orcs, etc.

That would be similair to LOTR, so if they don't do that as another licensed theme, a new original fantasy theme could be possible.

~ General Magma

I personally think there is at least one more wave of good sets left in Kingdoms. Even after MMV came out there was still a final wave of the Fantasy Castle sets that got released. I'm thinking there will probably be 3 or 4 more Kingdoms sets next summer along with the exclusive jousting set. I'm a huge LOTR fan but I don't think that it would make that great of a Lego theme.

I agree totally with you, just except the part of success of a LOTR theme, I think if calendarized well with the hobbit movie, could do it just as well as POTC.

Greetings. :classic:

I believe there will be more Kingdoms sets. I believe this pattern is quite predictable. Here is a post last year answering this same question:

The information we have only covers the first part of the year. It isn't a matter of Kingdoms being kept under wraps better than anything else. It's a matter of the information not being available outside the company yet. Either that, or we truly have seen everything and there are less than 10 new Star Wars sets next year. I find that doubtful to say the least. The information we have isn't everything for 2011, so there's no point asking if the sky is falling yet because we don't have information that we wouldn't have even if they officially released all of the information on what is coming out during the next "phase". Could Kingdoms be over? Sure it could be. Is the lack of pictures any reason to think that? No. Not even close.

Edit to add:

I mentioned this in the Historical forum and I finally started looking through past posts. In this thread (on this that page) in post number 2735 on September 14th of last year the question of sets next year (which would have been the then hypothetical 2010 line up) first crops up. This is followed by a few people trying to tell people how it all works and a few people talking about how Castle won't continue. Kingdoms exist, so the worrying was baseless and pointless and have no connection to the actual facts on hand.

That post links to a post the year before asking the same question. Kingdoms is a second half of the year theme. We won't have info this early about Kingdoms sets. I think the reason we know about the Joust set is because it isn't coming in the second half of next year and is instead coming out in the first half of next year (so we have been told).

I'm quite sure the next wave should appear in the summer of 2012.

But I don't think Kingdoms will continue, and else it would be the last wave,

since that's the pattern they've been doing lately. (castle...)

Also, think of it; they recently released the Heroica games. What if this would be made into an actual theme?

I myself can see that happening. If not, I'm hoping for another fantasy theme with creatures such as goblins, more orcs, etc.

That would be similair to LOTR, so if they don't do that as another licensed theme, a new original fantasy theme could be possible.

~ General Magma

This would be my second choice, besides LOTR. It would be really great to see a theme where Elves play the leading role and there are no Men at all. Something like Elves vs. Goblins and Orcs.

I believe there will be more Kingdoms sets. I believe this pattern is quite predictable. Here is a post last year answering this same question:

That post links to a post the year before asking the same question. Kingdoms is a second half of the year theme. We won't have info this early about Kingdoms sets. I think the reason we know about the Joust set is because it isn't coming in the second half of next year and is instead coming out in the first half of next year (so we have been told).

Joust is not in the catalogue because TLG exclusives never are. The reason is that those catalogues are meant for shops to order sets and since they can not order exclusives, there is no ned for them to be there. Also, TLG can control leakage of exclusive set picture better that way.

As fo the other Kingdoms sets: I hope there will be more, and that is possible, but unfortunetly the fact is that they are not in neither 1H or 2H catalogue.