Hero Factory 2012

• Please log in to reply
3637 replies to this topic

#3601 Shakar

Shakar

• Out of the dark

Member: 799

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I was writing a post but I did something really stupid so here's me writing it again. Well, most of it anyway. [/lazy]

I swear you're making me want to read those books, Aanchir. :tongue: I found them on Amazon, so I might buy them.

Anyway, I got Speeda Demon last Saturday. Very cool set, the bike looks much nicer in person (and has a realistic steering mechanism this time! Too bad for no kickstand, however), and SD himself is a great figure that can hold its own in front of the other 3 medium sized villains (much better than most Bionicle pilots..).

The BP helmet isn't bad at all- SD's design is different enough you almost don't notice he has the same face as other 2 characters.

Did anyone else find 2 extra gold barbs in the set? I stuck those in the Glatorian head side holes, so they act as a sort of secondary set of small horns.

With Speeda, my Breakout collection is 100% complete. Dare to say, this might be my favourite Lego action figure line ever! Awesome looking figures, full variety of models (humanoids, animals, vehicles, figures of all sizes), never seen before colour schemes, lots of colours and great new pieces.

#3602 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Personally, I hope to collect all Breakout sets.
Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#3603 Dorek

Dorek

Member: 5250

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'd like to collect all the Breakout sets, but that requires money that I don't actually have.

#3604 Cirkit

Cirkit

Member: 23450

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Same here!
I've still got to find Bulk and Breez- none of the stores near me seem to carry either of them.

I don't have many of the other sets, but Bulk and Breez are high on my list. Luckily, they know better than to drive Hero-Craft when they're intoxicated :tongue:

Edited by Cirkit, 26 October 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#3605 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

So apparently the LEGO Hero Factory resealable pouches won an award. Very neat to see that this style of packaging is considered innovative not only for LEGO, but for the packaging industry as well. Even if they somewhat resemble Capri Sun packages:

Posted Image

On a side note, this brings back memories of when the Toa Mata canisters won an award back in 2001 and when the Bohrok canisters won an award in 2002.

Edited by Aanchir, 30 October 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3606 Dorek

Dorek

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

I love how the picture is Drilldozer, of all things. He jelly.

#3607 Jetrax99

Jetrax99

Member: 2447

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

YAY! I has a job now.  Gonna be hunting down sets that I need.
Posted Image

#3608 Cirkit

Cirkit

Member: 23450

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

I'd like to hunt down Bulk, Breez, and Thornraxx. Can't find any of those guys anywhere but Toys R Us.

I think I'd like to get another Voltix for those lightning parts. Or Speeda- more lightning, AND gold parts.

Plus, his helmet could be great for the making of a mutated Dark-Matter :D

#3609 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

LEGO Hero Factory Double Points Weeks are back again, this time to celebrate the robot holiday Makumas. They can make up as many excuses as they want for all I care; I just appreciate the Hero Points. And the decent-quality images of Zib and Quadal, for that matter. They don't get nearly enough love on the Hero Factory site.

...Aaaaaannd for some reason all my save data has been lost. LEGO.com, I am disappoint. :angry:

Edited by Aanchir, 14 November 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#3610 Gatanui

Gatanui

Member: 28509

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostAanchir, on 14 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

...Aaaaaannd for some reason all my save data has been lost. LEGO.com, I am disappoint. :angry:
What the heck, mine is gone, too. O.o I hope it isn't actually gone and LEGO is just having server issues...

-Gata Posted Image

- Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^^

#3611 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostGatanui, on 17 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

What the heck, mine is gone, too. O.o I hope it isn't actually gone and LEGO is just having server issues...

-Gata Posted Image

I sent an e-mail to LEGO customer service, and they said they didn't have any cached version of the save data, though they were willing to restore my Hero Points if I told them how many I had previously. Of course, this does nothing to restore the time and points I had already spent on upgrades, unless I give them the amount of points I earned total rather than the amount I had when my data was erased.

All in all, it's a massively unfortunate turn if events as I had been enjoying the game greatly and now I'm going to have a hard time enjoying it nearly as much, if I go back to playing it at all.

#3612 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

After seeing Faber´s Cryoshell Breakout cover art, I must say that it´s pretty darn awesome. The Cryoshell logo takes up the same space where, in the Breakout add, Black Phantom is.
Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages

#3613 TheRedGuy

TheRedGuy

Member: 13942

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostAanchir, on 14 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Same here, Shop at home says that I've never made any purchases and 50 bucks worth of VIP points are gone.

Anyways, I decided to buy a Jetrax, but it still had the old sockets :/

#3614 Dorek

Dorek

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I can't believe they still haven't wrapped up the 2012 story. Hopefully we'll get a nice series of inside scoops on actual new stuff.

#3615 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostTheRedGuy, on 20 November 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Same here, Shop at home says that I've never made any purchases and 50 bucks worth of VIP points are gone.

Anyways, I decided to buy a Jetrax, but it still had the old sockets :/
Jetrax? Do you mean Jetbug? If you really mean Jetrax I'm not surprised it had the old sockets, since it was out-of-production long before the new sockets were introduced. If you mean Jetbug, though, I feel your pain-- my Jetbug also had the old sockets.

View PostDorek, on 29 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

I can't believe they still haven't wrapped up the 2012 story. Hopefully we'll get a nice series of inside scoops on actual new stuff.
What do you mean exactly by "wrapped up"? I think at this stage of the game we can probably expect that there was never any intent to feature the Breakout sets in an equal amount of story media. It is a shame that Breez and Nex have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to story (not even getting Omega Recon updates), but it seems like LEGO Club story updates in general have been slow this year... consider Lloyd Garmadon's Blog from LEGO Ninjago, which had two entries posted before dropping out of the scene entirely.

#3616 Dorek

Dorek

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I imagine there was intent, just poor follow-through. I mean, BIONICLE plot threads are one thing but here we have the main point of a line and some characters aren't even mentioned. Needs to be more consistency in it.

#3617 TheRedGuy

TheRedGuy

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Whoops, I meant Jetbug. I called Customer Service an they gave me some new ones.

#3618 TheRedGuy

TheRedGuy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

What the... I don't even...
Atleast we know what happened after Aldy escaped from the prison: He went for a tiny award instead of going back to Quatros.

#3619 Gatanui

Gatanui

Member: 28509

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I laughed so hard when I saw that. :laugh: What the HECK is that even?

-Gata Posted Image

- Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^^

#3620 Dorek

Dorek

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Saw that recently as well. So lulzy. Animation is pretty bad, too =P.

Wasn't it implied that we would get some kind of promotional set out of it, or something?

#3621 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostDorek, on 13 December 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Saw that recently as well. So lulzy. Animation is pretty bad, too =P.

Wasn't it implied that we would get some kind of promotional set out of it, or something?

Never. The only thing meant to come of this, according to the Tongal overview, is a web series.

Edited by Aanchir, 14 December 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#3622 TheRedGuy

TheRedGuy

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

I like how the Football guys are more advanced than the heroes...

#3623 vexorian

vexorian

Member: 8754

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Duplicates. I have purchased 3 Core Hunters already, because he is a good source for black shells. And the only color for cool MoCs is black, right? I didn't buy a stormer, too much white.

Two reapas, I might buy a third one soon. For some reason I find the trans neon green hoses more important than the trans shells.

Two Thornraxx (None that is staying built). This  seems to be 2012's scorpio. It is such a set that I dislike, but I had no idea how much I use these bricks in black:
Posted Image
If I could find another one in a store, I might get it too.

Two bulks, gun metal shell goodness.

I think that if given the chance to buy more sets for bricks, I will still get a scorpio, they are warming the shelves and is still by far the best bang for buck. Next in my list are more reap and core hunter.

I wish this thing:
Posted Image
existed in gunmetal.

Edited by vexorian, 25 January 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#3624 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

View Postvexorian, on 25 January 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Duplicates. I have purchased 3 Core Hunters already, because he is a good source for black shells. And the only color for cool MoCs is black, right? I didn't buy a stormer, too much white.

Two reapas, I might buy a third one soon. For some reason I find the trans neon green hoses more important than the trans shells.

Two Thornraxx (None that is staying built). This  seems to be 2012's scorpio. It is such a set that I dislike, but I had no idea how much I use these bricks in black:

If I could find another one in a store, I might get it too.

Two bulks, gun metal shell goodness.

I think that if given the chance to buy more sets for bricks, I will still get a scorpio, they are warming the shelves and is still by far the best bang for buck. Next in my list are more reap and core hunter.

I wish this thing:

existed in gunmetal.
Nice collection. I agree, Thornraxx is a pretty excellent parts pack. In fact, many of the Breakout sets have useful parts, and although my twin brother and I have all our Breakout sets with us at college, I sometimes find myself wishing I had duplicates of, say, XT4. (6x5 torso beam, 6M shells, and 7M beams FTW!)

Edited by Aanchir, 25 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#3625 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thornraxx is my second-favorite set of 2012, with exception of Speeda Demon, who still isn't available here.

My MOCpages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users