Welcome to Lexington:
One of the many suburban towns of the United States, Lexington has a history stretching back to the California Gold Rush of 1848. However, today, it's a town in which people who cannot stand living in the major cities it's nearby live.
The children of the town play in the streets and generally enjoy a carefree lifestyle. There is no danger in Lexington.
The beach is usually a hotspot for locals, meaning that it's mostly quiet and relaxed. People come to practice yoga and karate during the mornings, and surf during the afternoons on the waves.
Lexington's old buildings serve the populace well, with the general necessities that the townsfolk need to survive.
And Lexington's Police Force is always ready to respond to the calls that never occur.
However, what you don't see is all of the problems that Lexington has. Problems that will be exposed as the days go on. Problems that could kill.
Welcome to Suburbia, you should have received your PM. Please confirm you have and put your avatar in either your signature or avatar spot. Also put your character name down in your signature.
Mr. Jack Montgomery, husband of Julia, father of Jeremy
Owner of Local Pet Store
Played By: --- Mrlegoninja
Mrs. Julia Montgomery, wife of Jack, mother of Jeremy
Owner of Local Pet Store
Played By: --- Dannylonglegs
Jeremy Montgomery, son of Jack and Julia
Played By: --- ADHO15
Mr. Alex Jordan, husband of Sarah
Played By: --- Cralegoboy
Mrs. Sarah Jordan, wife of Alex
Owner of Department Store
Played By: --- Brickdoctor
Mr. Winston Robertson, father of Amber
Retired Banker, Artifact Collector
Played By: --- Rumble Strike
Played By: --- Peanuts
Officer Steven Jackson, fiance of Ashley
Played By: --- Professor Flitwick
Ashley Baker, fiance of Steven, sister of Marcus
Owner of Grocery Store
Played By: --- K-nut
Marcus Baker, brother of Ashley
Played By: --- CallMePieOrDie
Officer Ryan Hutch, married to his career
Played By: --- badboytje88
Mr. James Swanson, father of Robbie
Played By: --- CorneliusMurdock
Robbie Swanson, son of James
Played By: --- Jedi master Brick
Deputy Chief Jackie Scott, married to job
Deputy Chief of the Lexington Police Department
Played By: --- Fugazi
Police Chief Arnold McGovern
Chief of Police
Played By: --- def
(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor and Red Scare Mystery)
1. There are 16 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end.
2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:
"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".
Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:
"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."
It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine. I will always give a detailed explanation of a room, however, feel free to ask for clarification.
3. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.
4. Please try to avoid editing your posts. If you made a spelling error, simply post immediately after correcting your spelling error. If you wish to add more, a double post can be made, however use this rule wisely. Obviously, you may not make a quadruple post. Please wait for someone else to post before you post something else, unless absolutely necessary.
5. You can reference anything in pop culture, as this is being played real time. You can mention current events if you want to. You can use any electronic device that you wish to use, with exception. For example, you can’t take out your time machine to determine who the killers are.
6. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. However, you may not return to a room that you were already in, so ensure that you have searched every part of the room before leaving.
7. There are a few NPC’s in certain areas of the town. These NPC’s might have evidence, however they might not. Also, the evidence given by them might be false information. You cannot do anything other than talk to these NPC’s. You can only go and speak to them when you arrive in their area. For example, each NPC is in a certain part of the town. If you’re at point A, you cannot go and speak to an NPC at point B.
8. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.
9. There are no night actions or chapter actions. However, there are Miscellaneous Actions. With this system, if you’d like to PM me a non-lethal action (I.E; “I’d like to go visit Player A”), then that’s fine. However, things that could harm people (I.E; “I’d like to go kill Player A”) are not allowed. These are only allowed at night. Night comes at the end of every chapter. I’ll allow most anything, so let your imaginations go wild. However, you can’t leave Lexington. That is not a valid action.
10. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.
11. There will be a life-point system. Every player starts out with ten life-points, and regenerates one life point at the end of a chapter. For example, if you fall and twist your ankle, you’d likely lose one life point. If you fall off a boat into an engine prop, you’re likely to lose most if not all of your life points. Think logically. Perhaps walking along the rickety boards in the construction zone is not a good idea.
12. The host is usually always right. If you think he’s wrong, feel free to send me a message about it.
13. Most of all have fun. This game is meant to be enjoyable despite the "questionable" things occurring.
Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.
Please, if you've never played a mystery game before, please please please do not hesitate to ask for help from me.
All PM's to me should be in the confirmation message thread I sent you.
Edited by Bob_, 15 September 2011 - 10:19 PM.