Sign in to follow this  
1980-Something-Space-Guy

Amusing shopping site finds

From time to time I find something odd/funny/interesting at Bricklink, and I thought, why not share it? Furthermore, wouldn't it be interesting for everyone to share all these amusing finds?

I'll start by posting a few things. Using this Bricklink search, selecting Item Type X, and selecting Sort by "Highest Price", you will see the most expensive item X things on Bricklink. (I would post the specific searches but they don't generate a specific hyperlink). As a result of this, I have found some very expensive things on BL:

Most expensive minifigure (999 euros)

Most expensive set ($10,000)

Most expensive part ($1,700)

Most expensive "modern era" part ($550)

Most expensive "unsorted lot" ($20,000, a complete Lego collection)

Most expensive box ($250) (there are other more expensive ones, but all from users with 0 feedback and only one item on sale, the most expensive of which is this one at about $1700)

Most expensive instructions ($500)

Most expensive catalog (90 euros)

Most expensive gear (GBP 17,420, for a SW promo item)

Most expensive book ($620 for the Collector's Guide #666 *oh2* )

Based on this data, we can conclude that at approximately $27,000, the SW promo item (gear) is the most expensive item on Bricklink.

So, have you found anything interesting on Bricklink, eBay, Amazon, or anywhere else?

Great finds.

Based on this data, we can conclude that at approximately $27,000, the SW promo item (gear) is the most expensive item on Bricklink.

I love the clearance sale on that one. It's 33% off! :rofl:

On Ebay I once saw a Classic Space minifigure (Advertised as an original blue one, though at least the helmet is modern) for $400.

Oh, bricklink. The seller can't be serious requesting 10,000 dollars for a 73 piece set! :sceptic:

None of the pieces are even particularly rare are they? :sceptic:

They are all totally mad.

None of the pieces are even particularly rare are they? :sceptic:

I think that's mostly a case of "I have this set, I don't really want to sell it but I like to keep everything in my Bricklink inventory"

Great finds.

I love the clearance sale on that one. It's 33% off! :rofl:

Now is affordable. :laugh_hard:

Not really Lego, but I saw this guy on Craigslist selling used Megabloks for over retail :tongue:

This is the one of the few white Boba Fett keychains I have ever seen for sale. Supposedly only about 100 made and given to Lego employees. Price extremely prohibitive. Absolute rarity :wub:

Also, a few days ago there was a MISB 6990 on Bricklink, which is very unusual. Apparently, it was sold at $1,300!

Most expensive box ($250) (there are other more expensive ones, but all from users with 0 feedback and only one item on sale, the most expensive of which is this one at about $1700)

The Maersk box actually appears to be the sealed set, not just the box, it's just in the wrong category. The translation of the text is something like: "It has never been out of the box". At 1700 dollars its still a doozy, but in line with other sealed copies of the set.

Anyways I have fun finding these kind of things myself, so many of them are completely unreasonable.

What about these:

Complete Bionicle for $18000!!! - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicles-Collection-215-Sets-2001-2007-More-/320723215034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aac97e2ba

The worlds most expensive Duplo set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-DUPLO-AIRPORT-HELICOPTER-RESCUE-TOY-LOT-VEHICL-SET-/230669692755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b4fc2f53#ht_500wt_1180

Star Wars minifigs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIGGEST-LOT-LEGO-STAR-WARS-166-MINIFIG-MINIFIGURES-PEOPLE-RARE-/170695510101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27be3ec855#ht_645wt_1398

That collection is sweet. :wub: At $2,900 and 166 figures, I wonder if it's really worth that. It does have some sealed figures, including the chrome C-3PO. I don't think it'll ever sell though. Huge minifigure lots as expensive as that one rarely ever get sold. I remember seeing a guy who was selling the almost complete Batman minifigure collection, at around $350. I think he never sold it.

Edit:

Found this incredible Darth Vader "megafigure" display. :wub: At 5K... What wouldn't I do if I was a millionaire? :cry2:

Edited by johnnyvgoode

This thread is quite humorous, I like the cars for sale on bricklink that are not even LEGO.

fyrmedhatt has already mentioned some of these, but here's the rest of the most expensive LEGO on ebay right now.

Oh my god, I hope they actually made a mistake while setting the prices! It's good to get some money from rare stuff, but I mean, that's super ridiculous! (Yeah, ridiculous for me, not for millionaires) 10,000 dollars for 73 common lego pieces, seriously?

Ha-ha

Edited by Otherworld

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought they were from the "pre-brick" era of Lego. Aren't they? :oh:

Here.

Thanks for the link, indeed, those are the toy cars LEGO produced at one point. It may have been at the same time as the brick, as I think they may have been in the original town plan (I am away from my Big Lego Book, so I couldn't say for certain. Also, these small cars came in clear cases with Lego studs on the top. Once I get my book (it is at home, heh) I can say for certain.

Also, a few days ago there was a MISB 6990 on Bricklink, which is very unusual. Apparently, it was sold at $1,300!

Did it actually sell at that price or was it just listed? I got one of those for $260 off ebay only 2 or 3 years ago. :tongue:

Thanks for the link, indeed, those are the toy cars LEGO produced at one point. It may have been at the same time as the brick, as I think they may have been in the original town plan (I am away from my Big Lego Book, so I couldn't say for certain. Also, these small cars came in clear cases with Lego studs on the top. Once I get my book (it is at home, heh) I can say for certain.

Thanks for the info. :classic:

Did it actually sell at that price or was it just listed? I got one of those for $260 off ebay only 2 or 3 years ago. :tongue:

Nope, BL says it was sold at that price.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get a sealed one so cheap? Those are the prices that they are selling the good used ones at right now.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get a sealed one so cheap? Those are the prices that they are selling the good used ones at right now.

I think I just got lucky. It was a slow time of the year for ebay shopping and the item only had one or two other bids. I plan to integrate into it the rest of my monorail layout at some point.

A while back, I saw someone on Bricklink was selling a Fabuland figure with the status saying it was the head only. :laugh: It was still full price, though.

I think I just got lucky. It was a slow time of the year for ebay shopping and the item only had one or two other bids. I plan to integrate into it the rest of my monorail layout at some point.

*huh* That's probably the best Lego eBay deal I've ever heard of. :laugh:

Ok, I checked my Lego book. They made cars in 1958 and they did come in the little clear boxes with studs on top. The original town plan set had cars, trees and people that were not brick compatible. :thumbup: