Moc: Coffee Shop (Amsterdam style)

9 replies to this topic

#1 comicon

comicon

Member: 11945

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image B-OM-4A

So, guys, this is my first LDD MOC (and my first serious MOC over all) so have some patience ;)

I've wanted to make my own modular building for some time now, but my budget doesn't allow for any big purchases. I've had no regards at all to what pieces are available in wich colors since I've no thoughts of buying and building it. Except from this, I've tried my best and would love for some comments!

So, should we have a look?

Posted Image
This is the outside. As you can see the building consists of three floors and a balcony.

Posted Image
Here's a better view of the balcony from the outside. The roof is made by glass panels, to allow as much light as possible for...

Posted Image
...this! A greenhouse inside that allows for a multitude of plants to grow and flourish.

Posted Image
Here you see the interior on the first floor. Two booths and a ladder to the top floor (barely visible here). The balcony is supposed to be a bit of a "mingling area", so there are three tables for standing and a couple of sunchairs.

Posted Image
The ground floor is double in size, of course. Here's the bar with a shelf on top and two seats.

Posted Image
Another view of the ground floor shows tho booths with sofas and a big plant.

Posted Image
This last picture shows the counter with three extra seats and the stairs to the first floor.

#2 Peabo

Peabo

Member: 7189

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Wow! Great looking building

#3 -zenn

-zenn

• Hoverbikes+Cycles+Hot Rods Expert

Member: 10143

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Haha, love the green leaf reference upfront... :laugh:
Posted Image

#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Very nice and green looking coffee shop 'comicon', are you intending on brick-building this ? :classic:
In any case, the leaf out the front looks like a different kind of leaf ? :devil:
LDD On 'comicon' ! :wink:

#5 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:47 AM

Great building - and great choice of colours. As you say, this would probably be impossible to recreate in the colours you've used, but that doesn't stop it from looking good in the screenshots :)

And the leaf is a hilarious touch. Something tells me that Lego won't be picking up your idea and put this particular kind of coffee shop in production in the near future :D

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#6 comicon

comicon

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanks! I also love the colors - it's so hilariously green! :D

I'm thinking of following the advice from the swedish forum and changing the glass ceiling to this piece:
Posted Image
Then the roof and the front would look a bit smoother, I think.

I'm afraid a lot of these parts might not exist in the colors I've used, so bricking it might be a bigger issue than it seems. And also, as I mentioned, that would be totally out of my budget... :(

#7 chuckie8646

chuckie8646

Member: 17813

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

I love it its very Green and thats awesome. Like everyone else has said making it in those colors would be hard but what if you got it all in white and carefully paint the bricks with acrylic paint? Just a thought because its really cool and I also love the leaf reference.
Nice work
Charlie

#8 comicon

comicon

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

chuckie8646 - That's an idea, but it isn't really Lego then! ;) The point to me is making something despite of the limitations. I'll think of something...

As for the roof, I ended up changing it to this:

Posted Image

#9 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Beautiful building and lovely garden at he second floor!
I like the great colors that you have chosen!  :classic:
The transparent roof is a nice touch!  :thumbup:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#10 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

Ah yes, I remember seeing those sort of coffee shops in Amsterdam many years ago, not that I attended any of them ever, but I have walked past them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users