Brickviller

7938 and double lights

Good afternoon, morning or any other time of the day.

About a small year ago I bought set 7938, for the ones who don't recognize the number here's a pic:

lego%207938.jpg

After building it I wanted to add some lights, in the front carriage, and the back one. The front was not a real problem, altough the space for the wires is extremely limited. But then came the other problem, and that is how to add lights to the back? Ofcourse I could add an extension wire for PF but then the roof can't open since the PF reciever sits a little to high for more than two PF connectors on top of each other.

I've seen some people with this train, and with front and back lights, so can anyone explain me how these people have done that? :cry_sad::laugh:

Ive not done it... but easiest would be to wire up a small 9V PP3 battery + switch to power the lights.

I have a 7938 passengertrain with a total of six cars in between the head and tailcar. Because of the length, the head and tailcar are motorized. It was easy to put PFlights in both head and tailcar. I made this long 7938 train out of 3 7938 sets and 2 extra passengercars.

So maybe you could make the train longer and get it double motorized and put lights in the head and tailcar.

Succes!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I've seen some people with this train, and with front and back lights, so can anyone explain me how these people have done that? :cry_sad::laugh:[/center][/size]

Hi Brickviller,

there are some options; one that is at least tempting is to run a PF->9V "conversion" cable to some spot in the train with space. I have done it this way.

If you are concerned about the piled up PF terminals: Go with one PF->9V cable to the back of the engine. There you have space to attach further PF cables (top of connector) or 9V cables (bottom of connector). When wiring between cars/engines, I prefer 9V cables; they are much more flexible than the PF cables and thus don't exert that much "derailing force".

has front and back lights - and you may add as many cars "in between"; connected with 9V cables that is. It's the best of both worlds after all ... :classic:

Regards,

Thorsten