Sign in to follow this  
Toa_Of_Justice

<MOC> Insectoids Blaster Bug

This model is inspired by the Insectoids. It has 8 laser guns, pincers, a stinger, and pointy legs. It also features a detachable scout pod. Also, this is the second model I built combining Hero Factory elements and classic bricks--the first one can be found here.

Click any image to enlarge it.

ibb1.png

ibb2.png

ibb3.png

ibb4.png

ibb5.png

LXF File - Brickshelf Gallery

If you want to see this model in real bricks, you can buy its parts through DESIGNbyME for USD $42.20, or perhaps a little less through Pick A Brick.

NOTE: I had an issue with the visor and helmet in this model--see this.

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Wow! I absolutely love it! The combination of regular parts and Bionicle/Hero Factory parts really suits the Insectoid aesthetic well. Also, the green-tinted canopies from Atlantis sets work as a perfect stand-in for the original neon-green transparent parts from Insectoids.

Wow! I absolutely love it! The combination of regular parts and Bionicle/Hero Factory parts really suits the Insectoid aesthetic well. Also, the green-tinted canopies from Atlantis sets work as a perfect stand-in for the original neon-green transparent parts from Insectoids.

Thanks! :classic: In addition to standing in for the original trans-neon green parts, the trans-bright green parts in my model also seem to stand out better than true trans-neon green parts in LDD (which look too much like trans-yellow to my eyes... :hmpf_bad: )

-Toa Of Justice