SlyOwl

Lenny the Pirat

Just saw this on flickr. Everything, from the shaping of the rat to the tire in the lantern to the chain to the notch in the sword to the setting you've photographed it in, is simply incredible. The photography, especially. It ties it all together. :pir-wub:

AWESOME miniland style figure 'SlyOwl', but he reminds me of well one or more of these guys......

Muppets-Rizzo-Gonzo.jpg

Brick On while drinking rum......plenty of rum ! :pir-wink:

Great work SlyOwl, great to see you in the pirate forum again. When I first read the title, I right you may have misspelt pirate, but I see now what you did.

I love how you built the MOC around the one piece, I especially like the chain too, very clever.

I'm sure this will make the blog, if not I'll blog it myself later.

I'm usaully not a fan of this building style,but this looks really cool. Everything is made very nice. PIRAT! lol

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

It looks amazing.

Very good setting on the beam, and great eye for detail.

Just wondering how did you make the shackles for the chain?

i.e. how did you connect the non-stud side of the "brick with arch 1x1x1" to each other?

Bart

It looks amazing.

Very good setting on the beam, and great eye for detail.

i.e. how did you connect the non-stud side of the "brick with arch 1x1x1" to each other?

Bart

Maybe he used Technic pins. There is a little space you can see. Technic pins have a little rim on them which leaves a tiny gape between the parts.

Brilliant! The rat is the highlight of this MOC with his fat belly and sharp teeth.

The custom sword and the gap in it are also quite clever, just as the chain.

Good job :thumbup:

Thanks all - and for the blog, Big Cam :pir-classic:

I used an old style skeleton arm (as in the original style), which fits into the bottomo of each arch, and holds it together quite well, without leaving a gap. (it's essentially the same technique as here)

Thanks all - and for the blog, Big Cam :pir-classic:

I used an old style skeleton arm (as in the original style), which fits into the bottomo of each arch, and holds it together quite well, without leaving a gap. (it's essentially the same technique as here)

I just tried it out. It works really good. Thank you, for sharing that little tech.