5 replies to this topic

#1 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image
Hello everybody!

As fourth mini model in this week, I'd like to present another neat starfighter from the Expanded Universe to you. It's the Sharp Spiral (reference image), a modified SoroSuub Cutlass-9 patrol fighter that serves as personal starfighter of Jedi Master Saesee Tiin in the computer game "Jedi Starfighter".

The construction is a bit strange, as everything is studs-down. The reason why I chose this approach is that I wanted to realise the characteristic spherical cockpit for which the boat stud was the perfect piece. :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

With that I am done for this week, and wish you a great sunday! :classic:

I now need sometime to take photos of the next batch of models which also consumes a lot of time besides actual building. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#2 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Member: 15440

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

Very nice work, as always! :sweet: I don't remember this ship, but who cares.  It look really cool and I like the dome piece for the cockpit. :thumbup:

#3 Watto

Watto

Member: 18899

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

I remember reading about this ship in some book about Star Wars vehicles, anyway great model look forward to see more of your mini's.

#4 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

I know this ship, not because of the game but because this has been one of the jedi starfighters I was planning to MOC before. :blush: Once again, this is a great mini-rendition of the reference material, the studs-down approach is quite clever and unique at the same time. Very well done as always! :thumbup:

#5 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

Yet another fantastic mini Legostein. The wings need to be angles a bit higher, but it's still fantastic. I'm not familiar with this ship but thanks to you I am now.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

Now that's a sweet starfighter! :thumbup: You've really done this ship justice in mini form, but I may just have to go minifigure scale with this seeing as it's so cool. :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users