Sign in to follow this  
legotrainfan

Emerald Night Problem

I used the search function, but I couldn't find a post where problems with the Emerald Night were discussed (though I know they do exist). If a moderator finds one, feel free to merge this thread with an existing one!

I don't know why but the power output of the motor is not transmitted to the wheels of my emerald night. I removed the pushing rods. The place with all the gears is fine, but everything moves quite slowly there. The motor works perfectly, but it sounds as if it spins without transmitting its full power to the wheels.

First, it worked nicely, but later the train stopped suddenly. I thought the energy level of the battery box was low and recharged it, but it didn't help.

I used the search function, but I couldn't find a post where problems with the Emerald Night were discussed (though I know they do exist). If a moderator finds one, feel free to merge this thread with an existing one!

I don't know why but the power output of the motor is not transmitted to the wheels of my emerald night. I removed the pushing rods. The place with all the gears is fine, but everything moves quite slowly there. The motor works perfectly, but it sounds as if it spins without transmitting its full power to the wheels.

First, it worked nicely, but later the train stopped suddenly. I thought the energy level of the battery box was low and recharged it, but it didn't help.

This might be it... My link

TheBrickster wrote:

SOLUTION

Within the first book of instructions, on page 51, is step 49. This is a CRITICAL step in making sure your Emerald Night runs smoothly.

Notice the separate picture of the two wheels in the red square. One side of the wheels have to be placed in the 3:00 position whereas the other side needs to be set to the 12:00 position. I missed this step completely trying to line up both sets of wheels at the 12:00 positions. Also note: the middle wheels need to have the smooth/flat side out.

If you mean this, MightyMegs, I can assure you that it is not my problem. I didn't ignore this step of the instructions. I even removed the pushing rods completely but to no avail.

I've detected that one of the technic gears hangs quite loosely on the technic axle. I knew this was a problem, because the original axle you find in the set isn't long enough. I used a longer one, but still it doesn't work properly. The power of the motor is transmitted to the axle well. The gear is the weak point. It won't rotate properly and does not pass on the power. If anybody has got a solution, I'm all ears!