WIP-Costal Town

7 replies to this topic

#1 tootsman10

tootsman10

Member: 13849

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image B-OV-9E

Ive been working on my first ever coastal town, so far ive used up a lot of my black 2x4's on the base and tiles doing the road. Im thinking about covering the black studs with 1x1 dark Grey and light Grey tiles doing a checker pattern. Comments and criticism are always appreciated and welcome thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Phred, 02 September 2011 - 03:18 PM.
Add images to Brickshelf Links

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

Well, it's pretty good, except to me there is too much black in parts, no other colours to offset all that black to the right hand side, well besides a bit of grey/white. :wink:
Interesting designing anyway, I can't wait to see the end result.
Brick On 'tootsman10' ! :classic:

#3 22kane

22kane

Member: 17921

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

I agree with Lightningtiger on the black but overall it's an excellent MOC. There is a lot going on in such a small space which I really like. I'll be very interested to see the final results. Nice work!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Phred

Phred

• Kinda back

Member: 1037

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 01 September 2011 - 01:36 AM, said:

Well, it's pretty good, except to me there is too much black in parts, no other colours to offset all that black to the right hand side, well besides a bit of grey/white. :wink:

I agree about too much black.  It's still a good MOC though, and thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
I would use a lighter color that works for you just like the checkered pattern you mentioned.  In my MOCs with a lot of black, I think it helps to use some dark gray or bley in  very detailed areas. Otherwise its hard to see any significant detail in a large black area.

This MOC seems very complete already, what else do you plan on doing besides possibly tiling some of the black?

In the future if you were to down-size your photos to 800X600 pixels before uploading them to brickshelf, you could place your pictures right on the forum.  I had down-sized your two pics and added them to your brickshelf links for this MOC.  People, including myself, are sometimes lazy and won't even bother going into a brickshelf folder link.  You'll typically get more feedback if you were able to post a down-sized pic in your topics.

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image

#5 ryanfitton

ryanfitton

Member: 18840

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

Great MOC, like said above there is a bit too much Black, try using Tan and Bluish Gray :)

All it needs now is some small fishing boats

#6 tootsman10

tootsman10

Member: 13849

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

View Postryanfitton, on 04 September 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

Great MOC, like said above there is a bit too much Black, try using Tan and Bluish Gray :)

All it needs now is some small fishing boats

Thank you for the kind words! I do plan on doing a checkered pattern with light and dark grey 1x1 tiles, and I think im getting rid of the whole entire left part because I dont think it fits with the style of the other buildings. I want to put a beach on the left side and do what you said by putting boats in the MOC.

#7 ryanfitton

ryanfitton

Member: 18840

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

View Posttootsman10, on 04 September 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

Thank you for the kind words! I do plan on doing a checkered pattern with light and dark grey 1x1 tiles, and I think im getting rid of the whole entire left part because I dont think it fits with the style of the other buildings. I want to put a beach on the left side and do what you said by putting boats in the MOC.

You're welcome :) It's a good MOC though. The checkered pattern sounds good with the 1x1 tiles sounds like a good idea.

#8 Ardelon

Ardelon

Member: 20239

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

Epic MOC! I wouldn’t say there’s too much black, but too little other colors for relief, as Lightningtiger mentioned.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users