[MOC] 1:120 X-wing

12 replies to this topic

#1 Stardusty

Stardusty

Member: 14245

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Feel free to consider it a teaser for my 1:40 X-wing WIP project. I wanted to build and X-wing, so I've finnaly made one.

Also, I would like to thank Fallenangel309 for providing me with some very usefull links, that are helpfull no matter
in what scale you're making an X-wing.

1:120 X-wing

Posted Image
1:120 X-wing by hrcywindu, on Flickr

I know I've made rear end and cockpit wrong, but this time I wanted cool look, not acuracy.
It's to small to nitpick on every detail (what I almost did).
I promise that my minifig scale X-wing will be the most acuratte one you've ever seen.

I hope you like it!
Please C&C!

EDIT: I should really visit EB SW blog more often. Thanks for blogging!

Edited by Stardusty, 29 August 2011 - 05:50 PM.

"To build, or not to build, that is the question."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Nice work! :thumbup: Despite any inaccuraces, it's got a sleek, clean look to it. Love the hexagonal back.

#3 Hollander

Hollander

Member: 17672

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

W-W-...Wicked! I love it. I'm not skilled enough as Brickdoctor to spot any inaccuries, so for me it looks perfectly accurate.  :tongue: One of the best Mini X-wings I've seen. Good job!

Edited by Hollander, 27 August 2011 - 01:13 AM.

#4 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Very Very nice Stardusty. Some very clever techniques in there. As for accuracy the rear panel is actually quite good, I mean it's hexagonal right. The only problem I have is the wings appear a bit too thick. Oh and the guns extend the correct length up to the start of the block at the end of the nose.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Stardusty

Stardusty

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thank you for your comments.

View PostMr Man, on 27 August 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

Oh and the guns extend the correct length up to the start of the block at the end of the nose.
I got the guns right, actually, but it isn't visible very well on this pictures. I think I have picture of it.
They extend all the way to the 1x1 tile behind the nose (that's white, since I don't have LBG cheese slopes). :wink:

Edited by Stardusty, 28 August 2011 - 10:53 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

View PostStardusty, on 27 August 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

I got the gusn right, actually

I know I was complementing you on it, my wording may have been a little off though :wink:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 gogocar

gogocar

Member: 15965

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

What can I say, Stardusty. This is just awesome. Very nicely done. This is the best mini X-wing I've seen in my entire life.

I'm looking forwrad to your minifig scale one. Based on the WIP I saw at your place, you are telling the truth: It's really going to be the most accurate one.. ever!
You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done.

#8 The Caped Crusader

The Caped Crusader

Member: 14010

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:07 AM

The whole moc is astonishing , but I will agree with BrickDoctor on the back part being the best.

Edited by Troopmaker, 28 August 2011 - 01:08 AM.

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it
...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight" - James "Jim" Gordon
Posted Image

The Batpod by caped_crusader, on Flickr

#9 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Member: 4964

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

Stardusty, I'd like to congratulate you on making a great MINI. :thumbup: I've always felt that having just the right mix of detail and shaping was one of the hardest things about making MINI models, but you've pulled that off very nicely.

I like that even at this small scale, you've managed to include certain major details such as the hexagonal cross-section of the rear fuselage and the length of the laser cannons. Plenty of NPU here as well - it's great what you've done with the flick-fire missile and the clip light plate (and are those pneumatic T-pieces holding the wings together?).

It is true that the wings seem a tad too thick and that the rear and canopy are somewhat off, as you mentioned, but I think that this way it allows for a sleeker and more detailed overall appearance. Nice work. :classic:

#10 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Very nice, I'm really impressed how you packed this X-Wing with all the interesting and accurate details considering it's in mini-scale. Great job! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#11 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

Very cool Stardusty!  I really like the scale you've got here.  just the right size in my opinion. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 Assassin, In Heroica RPG, On Quest #125
Flickr, Bricklink Store, Facebook

#12 Stardusty

Stardusty

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

I'm glad you like it!

View Postfallenangel309, on 29 August 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

...(and are those pneumatic T-pieces holding the wings together?).
Yes, yes they are. :classic:
That was only choice I had, and it works really good (although wings can fall-off while changing the S-foil mode).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

I'm a fan of Logo's 30051 mini x-wing, but yours is far superior. The hexagonal rear section is great but what I really like is how the top wing's connection doubles as the greebly area at the back. Love it :thumbup:
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users