Gahrian

Port for Imperial Flagship

[pid][/pid]209D

As with my first MOC, this MOC was inspired by a great LEGO set. 10210 - Imperial Flagship. When I built the set I felt that such a fine ship needed a home port, and so the project started. It started out as a 2 x 48by48 + 4 x 32x32, but ended up as 4 x 48by48 + 18 32by32. As with most projects that grow out of their original bounds there are some issues, but all in all I'm pleased with the result.

I'm a new builder and I struggle to bring the life and vibrancy to the buildings and environment as some of you pro builders in here manage.

Here are some pictures

main1.jpg

From the sea

main-viewofthewall1.jpg

From the landside

main-above1.jpg

From above

docks1.jpg

Bussy docks

house-armory2.jpg

Awesome engraving by Matija Puzar

house-dockmaster.jpg

Awesome engraving by Matija Puzar

house-barracks1.jpg

Barracks

house-commanders1.jpg

Commanders house

house-inn1.jpg

The inn "The golden cock"

house-merchant1.jpg

Merchant

house-merchant2.jpg

Merchant

house-private1.jpg

Private home

house-wealthy-home-and-inn1.jpg

Wealthy home

house-wealthy-home1.jpg

Wealthy home

port-bussy1.jpg

port-bussy2.jpg

fortress1.jpg

fortress-cliffwall1.jpg

fortress-semaphore-tower1.jpg

Semaphore tower

fortress2.jpg

fortress4.jpg

fortress5.jpg

girls-admiring-soldiers1.jpg

Girls admiring the soldiers

bluecoats1.jpg

The battle hardened bluecoat veterans are in charge of the walls

bluecoats2.jpg

Bluecoat guncrew

bluecoats-boss1.jpg

Bluecoat commander

It is so big !

I really like it, but I think some of your custom cannons look way too modern.

They almost look like 21th century battleship turrets! :pir_laugh2:

Well, I have to say this MOC is Awesome!

Tib

Wow!wow!wow! I think this is one of my most favorite MOCs ever. It´s size and it´s enormous level of detail are overwhelming. This is exactly what I had in mind when I restarted LDD-building 2 month ago. AWESOME!!!

You are my personal hero. ...but I have to agree on some of the cannons. They look more like modern guns than like old school cannons. Perhaps just turn the curved bricks around and it looks fine.

Absolutely stunning!!! The amount of detail (even down to the cobbles - how many 1x1 round plates did you use?) and the sheer size of this is fantastic (so much so that you've managed to make the flagship seem just a tiny part) I love it!!

Awesome, I like the smooth white fort walls, very nice

shiver me timbers!

This is a fantastic looking MOC, big enough to house 2 IFS! Nice details on the port facilities, houses, and soldiers fort - almost like what i have in mind for my Fort Marlin, sans less blue baseplates.

Curious about the engraving 1x4 tile, its carved into the plastic? I've not seen that one coming, maybe I'll try it rather than the old painting/stickers method.

And you have a nice big white cloth backdrop and lots of studio space to take photos! I can imagine some stepping and lying down on the studs to take photos.

First of all, thank you for the nice comments!

Then about cannons:

I really like it, but I think some of your custom cannons look way too modern.

...but I have to agree on some of the cannons. They look more like modern guns than like old school cannons. Perhaps just turn the curved bricks around and it looks fine.

This really surprised me. The dark red canon base is the one I was most pleased with and did not anticipate these comments. I see what you mean now, and after googling 17th and 18th century cannons I agree the design is not well. Thanks for the feedback.

A brilliant first MOC, the flagship looks right at home.

Are there interiors?

It's not my first MOC, it's my second. I just made a reference to my first moc in the opening line.

As for interiors, there are some, but I didn't have time to finish so I decided to leave them out.

Thanks again for the encouraging feedback.

Wow, this is really good! :pir-sweet: It's massive, but you still managed to make it not feel empty.

The buildings are nicely detailed; I like how you incorporated a lot of different types of buildings into the MOC.

One of my favorite parts is this building:

house-commanders1.jpg

That offset looks fantastic.

The only thing I'm not too fond of is the rocks on the waterfront (the light grey ones). Your dark grey rocks up on the hill look excellent, but the ones by the water look a bit odd with the black mixed in. They also just don't quite have the same great texture that your other rocks have, they're somehow a bit "flat". It looks like you might have run out of suitable parts, which I completely understand. :pir-classic: But anyway, that's not a big deal at all.

Excellent work, thanks for sharing!

house-commanders1.jpg

Commanders house

I really like the offsetting on the walls here. I'm going to steal that.

The inn "The golden cock"

*snicker* :pir-grin: *snicker*

Steve

What to say, this is amazing. I especially like the angled windows in the merchant shop.

You have done, all by yourself, almost exactly what I am hoping to do as a collaborative build using the Port Brick Standard for BrickCon in October.

This is simply outstanding!

There is so much going on and it's not just quantity, everything is so detailed and looks simply beautiful.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I have to ask, what gold/chrome piece is in this picture?

* Gulp *

This has grown a bit since I first saw it on Brikkelauget.no :)

Really nice. All the diffrent types of building seems to fit together really nice. There not to much in there, and still there is a LOT in there even if it is HUGE!! :)

Lots of details, lots of things going on. I like it.

And this is actually my first post in Classic-Pirates.com :)

Think I have to look more into this forume too...

I have to ask, what gold/chrome piece is in this picture?

I think this should represent a small townbell/portbell :pir_laugh2:

I think this should represent a small townbell/portbell :pir_laugh2:

I think BC does actually get what it is. His question (and mine too) is probably: What Lego piece does he use for a townbell...

This one is truly magnificent. Would there be any chance to see your cannon-designs in another shot? i'd really like to see all of them without any obstacles (I wouldn't describe the MOC as an obstacle, though) :pir-classic:

I just really wanted to reply to this, even though it looks like everything’s been said. Aside from the backwards gun carriages, it’s a master piece. Excellent work! Thanks for sharing!

Wow, so much attention to the finer details. Love the whole thing. The fort walls are nicely done, the dwellings look great in the myriad of colours and it all just works. Well done on your first MOC.