Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

There is an elevator - I've seen the back of the set - and it has arrows on it too, indicating that it moves.

There is an elevator - I've seen the back of the set - and it has arrows on it too, indicating that it moves.

Are you referring to the packaging? The arrow in which case is simply showing what the back of the Town Hall looks like - not that it has an elevator.

I've seen the back of the packaging; I'm not referring to the small image of the reverse of the model on the front of the packaging...I'm on about the actual back of the box, with all of the small images of the interior.

There is an elevator, with "movement" arrows. There's also a "movement" arrow to show that it joins to another modular, for instance.

Edited by Trent

Many Lego sets have had a age drop, now days Lego start sets containing minifigs from age 4 now. :wink:

Plus on the design of the town hall, it might another fusion of two worlds.....American and European. :classic:

The only other modular that was less than 16+ was market street which was 10+. It may have a lot of pieces but the build doesn't look complicated. Wait..

I think there is an elevator! :classic: There's a set of windows missing in the back.

OK Now I'm interested :wink:

Edited by SeanM

I've seen the back of the packaging; I'm not referring to the small image of the reverse of the model on the front of the packaging...I'm on about the actual back of the box, with all of the small images of the interior.

There is an elevator, with "movement" arrows. There's also a "movement" arrow to show that it joins to another modular, for instance.

Great to get confirmed!

Where did you see the actual box?

I was in a small toy store with a friend who knew the manager, and the manager was talking about their new shipment of Lego. He showed us the box when we got talking about how into Lego I was, but he isn't allowed to sell it to us yet.

I was in a small toy store with a friend who knew the manager...

The fact that the box is already at the toy store really hints at the release date being February 1st. I didn't expect to see this year's modular so early on.

Please tell us more about what you saw on the box. Any other intersting details that you've noticed?

Edited by TheMagician

I was in a small toy store with a friend who knew the manager, and the manager was talking about their new shipment of Lego. He showed us the box when we got talking about how into Lego I was, but he isn't allowed to sell it to us yet.

Can you see if you he'll allow you to take some pictures of the box & post them?

I'm desperately trying to remember what else was on the back of it...most of the interiors seemed to revolve around the married couple, e.g. the groom paying for something, them having their photograph taken inside, the bride throwing the bouquet, the mayor giving a speech, two kids in the mayor's office.

The third floor is all one room (bar the elevator shaft) with a big table in it, and there's two big glass skylights on the roof behind the bell.

That's all I can remember now. :look:

Edit: That's it! :thumbup:

Thank you for the picture of the back and it looks as much as I feared that it will have a gap in the interior. I was pretty much hopping for the entire space inside to be available. I wonder if a string will be used to move the elevator up and down?

Edited by kermit

Definitely might be my first modular.

A member posted this picture on bricklink:

THANKS legocanuck!

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images, as per site guidelines

The interior is great with all the balconies and the different rooms. This is definitely a must by for me. :classic: Also, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but are those 1x1x2 windows on the balcony, I' not sure if my eyes are deceiving me. :grin:

The interior is great with all the balconies and the different rooms. This is definitely a must by for me. :classic: Also, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but are those 1x1x2 windows on the balcony, I' not sure if my eyes are deceiving me. :grin:

I thougt someone had said they were 1x2 panels back to back.

Hi. Yeh I posted last night that i thought there was 1x1x2 windows on the balcony. Dont think our eyes were playing tricks on us. So could be a new part!

A couple of small things that I have noticed about the new building

0002278_town_hall.png

The computer terminal that is used here is totally out of place in the modular series

the time line for the series is somewhere in the 20's or 30's with the fire engine from FB

Oh, are these sets supposedly taking place at the time(s) the buildings were built? I've always thought of them as (mostly) older buildings in the present day. I thought the Fire Brigade represented an "old-timey" firehouse that still uses its original, old-fashioned fire engine, but not a firehouse actually during the 1930s (if nothing else, the firefighters' uniforms in that set are pretty contemporary).

Oh, are these sets supposedly taking place at the time(s) the buildings were built? I've always thought of them as (mostly) older buildings in the present day. I thought the Fire Brigade represented an "old-timey" firehouse that still uses its original, old-fashioned fire engine, but not a firehouse actually during the 1930s (if nothing else, the firefighters' uniforms in that set are pretty contemporary).

Yeah I never got the impression they were anything but present-day with that sort of timeless, yesteryear touch, something that seems perfectly right for LEGO. No reason to think they're strictly taking place anytime special.

nice back picture....!

Did you start building it...lol?

I like the new window quite much....hope can get bunch of these

The more I look at the pics the more I envision MOCing it onto a 48x48 base and lowering the height to make it look more like the 2007 TH. I think it could be done with the existing pieces. I can't wait to get this. I will build it then take it apart and do a MOC using only pieces from this set.

Seeing the back of the box, makes me like the set even more. :blush: I think this one has more interiors than the previous ones, and the fact of the open space doesn't bother me at all. I'm not so sure about the 'new windows'. It looks to me, as if half of the window is hidden behind the wall. Nevertheless, the set is fine, and I'm looking forward to see a review on it.