Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

WW category 2: Town of Tomb Brick

indexed.gif

The west is a wild and dangerous place, and the town of Tomb Brick is one of the most dangerous in the west.

The only thing saving the town from the constant raids of ruthless bandits is the hard nosed sheriff and his faithful deputies........can they stop the latest invasion of dirty cowboys?

6115354066_f84204712e_b.jpg

6115354250_eeb5e62823_b.jpg

6115354632_23ef14d5b6_b.jpg

6071321339_128bd9e38c_b.jpg

6115353892_3f072228a9_b.jpg

DSC_0002 by Taz-Maniac, on Flickr

Tomb Brick by Taz-Maniac, on Flickr

That's a really nice town TazManiac :thumbup: . The buildings are really good and lots of great little interior details too. My favourite parts are the piano and the winking guy in the bath :laugh:.

Cheers for the comments Praiter Yed.

Yeah I wonder if that winking guy has just got lucky or is about to?

These photos really don't do justice to the build or my camera....I'll need to re-shoot, as many little details have been missed in the above photos.

That is a truly awesome build. I really regret that I missed out on the wild west themes when they were around. I've always had a thing for that stuff but I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices on eBay. Anyway, the detail is exceptional and it has such a life like feel to it- or as close as you can get with Lego. Outstanding!! That is one of the best wild west MOCs I have seen yet.

Nice one 'TazM', the guy in the tub is one lucky guy with a babe with him :laugh::devil:, hotel in mega detailing - just don't shoot the piano player :wink: ......a general store and a gunsmith eh ? Must be a busy town, is there an undertaker ? :devil:

Great work 'TazM' and Brick On dude ! :grin:

That is a truly awesome build. I really regret that I missed out on the wild west themes when they were around. I've always had a thing for that stuff but I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices on eBay. Anyway, the detail is exceptional and it has such a life like feel to it- or as close as you can get with Lego. Outstanding!! That is one of the best wild west MOCs I have seen yet.

I don't own any Western sets either, just the minifigures from the collectible series, though I wouldn't mind a few of those old sets (mainly for the figs).

Cheers to all for the comments, there is some high quality entries in this category so fingers crossed.

Great job, the look through the street is amazing! :thumbup:

My only suggestion is to make the signss on the building more Lego like, the decals look too ''real'' for me now.

Well done! It gives me a kind of 'Deadwood thoroughfare' feeling (from HBO's eponymous Deadwood series). The street is bustling with life and unique characters. I really love those "ladies of the night" you put together. The Collectible minifig heads really fit them well and add to their character.

The saloon is definitely my favourite part of your MOC. But I second Captain Green Hair's suggestion to change the 'Deadwood Saloon' sign. The woodgrain on the background is a bit too detailed and too real to look like a LEGO sticker. Maybe if you just used the Deadwood Saloon letters and put a cartoonized woodgrain behind it (something like this here), it would look more LEGO-ish :classic: .

That's a sweet little town TazManiac, though i agree with LT - it looks like they'll need an undertaker soon! :devil: I love yr interiors - the piano is great and the lantern design is something i haven't seen before. All the different styles of buildings are really well done too - some of them even look a bit like gold rush Ballarat or Porcupine Creek!? :wink:

Wow, another great scene of the wild west. I love the picture with the fella in the tub, hilarious. You did a great job of really capturing the feel of the west. Good luck.

I was going to say the same thing about Deadwood. You even have a LEGO Al Swearengen :P