Sign in to follow this  
Weil

MOC - Raid on The Crown Tavern

[pid][/pid]193A

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to being re-enchanted by Lego and this is my first MOC both to be made public and built while I've been an adult. I have been browsing around here for a little while though and completed this model a couple of weeks back but just got round to doing all the photos.

This is a little backstory to my MOC:

Pirates gather for another nights drinking and entertainment at the Crown Tavern. Tonight however is likely to prove even more violent and chaotic than usual. Unknown to the pirates the Imperial Guards have planned a raid on the tavern in an attempt to capture known Pirates for crimes against the Empire. In the midst of drunken merriment a detachment of Imperial Guards open the door ready to file into the tavern... This can't be good for the tavern's business!

Without any more delay here are some pictures:

outside.png

inside.png

removable_sections.png

As you can see it has a fully built exterior and interior. I've built it with accessibility/playability in mind and it is easy to get at the interior via the removable sections.

For many more pictures and enlarged copies of the individual pictures seen above then you can visit my newly created brickshelf folder at the link below.

MORE PICTURES: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=481852

Since this is the first topic I've created I hope I've used appropriate formatting.

Thanks for looking!

Redcoat spoilsports. :pir-hmpf_bad:

This is great, especially for a first moc. The modularity is great, as you've built quite a detailed interior. The atmosphere inside is excellent, I love the second group of pics.

You have done very well for a first moc! The building looks nice with just the right amount of detail and the colours you have chosen always contrast well. To make it better you have even added an interior which a lot of people dont bother with and it looks a nice busy tavern scene. Nice work!

Thank you both for your kind words! I did work hard on it to try and get it close to the standard of some of the great looking models I've seen here. Obviously there's still room for a lot of improvement but I'm pleased that I finished it and am happy with the result. I got most of the pieces from the Medieval Market Village set that I bought mainly for the pieces to make this but luckily had quite a lot of pieces already from when I was a child, plus I managed to get a few of the newer figures second hand. I was worried initially that it would look a bit strange that all my old gray bricks were a different shade of gray to the new ones but by mixing them all up I think it actually makes it more realistic.

Now that I've made a predominately 'piratey' MOC my next plan is to make a predominantly Imperial Guard MOC and I've started collecting some bits and pieces for it including figures. I have a few ideas but don't know what I'll go with yet!

Edited by Weil

Well that would fit into Port Royal nicely eh ? :pir-grin:

Excellent structure with a motley crew inside who really like their rum ! :pir-grin:

Fantastic detailing 'Weil' and keep on drinking that rum ! :pir-laugh:

Thanks guys, especially for blogging it! Really pleased I managed to achieve that. :pir-sweet: Looking forward to seeing it on the blog soon!

Thinking of changing my avatar to the guy guarding the top of the stairs (shown here).

Hearing any more comments or feedback would be great. :pir-classic:

I would have to say, FANTASTIC MODEL! I feel a bit jealous of your model because my own tavern is a bit... un-detailed. Bravo! :thumbup:

Sorry for bumping - I've only just seen this in your signature!

I think this is a great little MOC, especially for a first effort. I really like the gallery inside the tavern, and the benches (although a common technique) look really nice and fit in well. I like the combination of stone and wood in the build, and even though it's obviously inspired by MMV, you've put your own slant on it.

I like the touch of the pirates playing cards (and the monkey stealing some!), and the soldiers looking at the drunk destitute pirate slumped outside with an empty bottle! The exposed beams and the crossed swords on the wall are a nice touch too. :thumbup:

Cheers. Hopefully I'll get to put something else substantial together soon when I get some time. :pir-classic:

Fantastic. I really like it when MOCs have man minifigs and you can see there's something going on. Some MOCs are like paintings. You can sit before your screen and watch it, then watch it again and then take a look at it agai. Always finding new aspects.

I enjoyed almost every picture of small details!

The pirate stealing the gem and probably even escaping in time to avoid the confrontation inside the brothel :p

This is a really good build, I am always rooting for the redcoats but in this case I want the pirates to escape, you manage to capture a nice physicality with your fig poses it really brings it all to life.

great build