Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. Tristan

WIP: Rosindale Harbour

Hey guys I'm new to the MOC world and well, this is my first real MOC.

Anyway Rosindale Harbour is a brand new English port somewhere off the coast of Panama and is still under construction. However, Admiral Hawkins has great plans for it...

In case you are wondering it is the baseplate from 7047. Also, when I post updates, sometimes I don't have updated pictures yet. I will tell you in the pictures section if the pics are updated.

Updates: (Ones on top are newest)

-Turned little red-roof barracks into battlemented yellow-and-white stone building

-Added door to tower

-Added crane on docks

-Added kitchen

-Added interior to officer's area

-Made little red building into temporary little barracks

-Added bar area in the back

-Made docks bigger

-Added fort to the left with gun slits

-I have officially switched to redcoats

Planned Updates:

-Better Barracks

-Have to think :P

Pictures:

Updated?=Yes

More on Flickr

6201757409_7d93cb93ce_z.jpg

6202273930_ce7bb853c9_z.jpg

6202284598_4503260e6c_z.jpg

6201773473_e2cff0ea44_z.jpg

6201776705_ae7c4d16a8_z.jpg

6202293682_bd94635861_z.jpg

6202295446_dc3c5501f0_z.jpg

6201791115_b132dc0579_z.jpg

6202309788_68c50f3ba7_z.jpg

6201809561_1c7804dd19_z.jpg

6202330968_1eb066181d_z.jpg

6202337594_dbc025ea00_z.jpg

Edited by Cpt. Tristan

Hey guys I'm new to the MOC world and well, this is my first real MOC. Before now I have mostly bought sets and modified them to my satisfaction, for example my pirate version of 7048(will be posting pics soon). Anyway Port de l'Ambition interminable is a brand new French port somewhere off the coast of Panama and is still under construction. However, Admiral Francois has great plans for it...

I know it's not great, I just threw it together last night and am low on parts. I am getting more minifigs, cannons, and white and yellow parts soon, but so far this is what it is. Please tell me what you think I should add/edit, and if someone could show me a good bricklink store that has this sort of stuff (must have plenty of bluecoats, cannons, yellow and white bricks), that would be much appreciated. And yes, it is the baseplate from 7047. The pictures are here, sorry for poor quality(I couldn't find camera cable so I had to use my iPod) I know there's three redcoats and a small redcoat flag, but at the moment these are the only Imperials I have :(

Hey, given the amount of parts compared to the size of the model and that this is your first real moc I think you've done a nice job. You've definitely managed to put some character into the place and the baseplate does work well for this (wasn't even aware that baseplate existed!) I like the placing of the crocodile, is that the sewers? :pir_laugh2:

I like the placing of the crocodile, is that the sewers? :pir_laugh2:

Well that little cave was just part of the baseplate that I put a platform on, now it's just a cave with a spare boat in it. Thanks though, and I'm planning to add taller walls with walkways along the battlements. If I get enough pieces I'll add a couple flat baseplates in the back with more walls, courtyard in the middle, barracks, armory(maybe), and bar. I'm also planning to move the little cabin with the crane somewhere else and replace it with a little trading area. Still working on interiors.

Edited by Cpt. Tristan

Wow... I must say impressive. Although the dock could use a bit more space in the center. Just a personal thought! :pir-wink:

Wow... I must say impressive. Although the dock could use a bit more space in the center. Just a personal thought! :pir-wink:

You mean expand it more to the left? I've been thinking about that. I suppose I could just take the lifting platform and use it to extend it. I've also been thinking about maybe extending the docks tho the right...

Wow, very cool. I really like how you make these great effects just with an intellegent use of the colours. I find it very oldschool and the longer I look at it the more I like it. It has truely great pirate flair.

that is actually quite a nice moc for a a first try! You've got much of the facilities thought out, some good use of bricks and parts. I think with a few rounds of modifying, more bricks parts like you mentioned and adapting building techniques from the tutorials and galleries here you can have even better! Good luck and do keep us updated!

I know I've seen that baseplate before. What is it from?

As I said:

In case you are wondering it is the baseplate from 7047.

It's from a Coast Guard thing in the World City theme.

Yes, I know how to deeplink, but I'm really too lazy to do all of them, I think a link to the Flickr set is better

Then I am too lazy to give you any type of constructive criticism, or consider this for the blog. It takes only a few seconds to post a picture or two.

Cpt. Tristan, why don't you just upload 2 or 3 pictures as an overview, and then if people want to see more they can click on the link.

It's really not too difficult; if you need help we're here. :pir-classic:

Then I am too lazy to give you any type of constructive criticism, or consider this for the blog. It takes only a few seconds to post a picture or two.

Cpt. Tristan, why don't you just upload 2 or 3 pictures as an overview, and then if people want to see more they can click on the link.

It's really not too difficult; if you need help we're here. :pir-classic:

lol ok ok, i will, but not all.

Updated. As you can see, I made better barracks. Here's a pic of the backside:

6205689558_74e74a045f_z.jpg

~Cpt. Tristan

Edited by Cpt. Tristan

I really like this little harbour, Your MOC inspires me to create a Pirate harbour very soon!

Thanks for sharing

Greetz Bjornu