LEGO: Graphic Designers Wanted!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

• Saloon Gambler

Member: 646

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hi guys :) I'd like to see some Eurobricks members apply. Who wants to design minifigures, decorations, and labels in Billund with me?

http://jobsatlego.co...t-graphics-jobs

Do you have a keen interest in the LEGO Group’s products, toys and cartoons? And would you like to be part of the team responsibility for the graphic process on our models, minifigures, decorations and labels from start to finish? If so, then the Graphic Designer position is probably what you are looking for.

You will take part in the development of graphics for one or more product lines and you will join a group of 15 dedicated graphic designers in Billund, Denmark, in the heart of the organisation where all LEGO Models sold worldwide are created.

Develop our future design

As Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for developing labels and decorations for models from ideation to final technical drawings. You will be in charge of finalising all graphic work in vector graphics and finalising it for production.

Furthermore, you will convert your graphics for textures to use in Maya. Another important aspect of your daily work is to eagerly maintain the LEGO Group’s graphic identity.

In addition, you will contribute with visualisation drawings of your and others’ ideas at a highly professional level in connection with concept development work a couple of times each year. Throughout the development of graphic work, you work in close cooperation with a vast variety of departments with many different stakeholders being creative leaders and model designers as well as project managers, project supporters, etc.

Enthusiastic team player with excellent freehand sketching skills

You are an experienced illustrator and master several, different styles both with your excellent freehand sketching and professional rendering skills. Also, you are an experienced user of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Joining our team, it is essential that you are a team player as you’ll be seated in an open project environment, and you are able to work independently and manage your own time. You thrive in an informal, innovative and international environment where you will meet lots of variety in your daily work which is also why we need a good combination of a creative and technical mindset. As you will be working in an international environment, spoken and written English is a prerequisite.

:classic:
check out my about me thread.

also, check out The LEGO Western Expansion MOC Page at MOCpages.com !!!
and Brick Miner's Extras BrickLink.com store !!!

#2 Front

Front

• Odonaman!

Member: 2934

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

Yes, we could use more nice and talented people working in Billund.
Apply please :-)

#3 NickAb

NickAb

Member: 14739

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

Nice position. I wish I had some really good sketch skills to apply. I guess it is a time to start practicing in case of new position openings.

Download the latest version of SVG decals library and collaborate on making SVG decals library bigger and better on github.
Subscribe to my youtube channel where I post videos on how to create custom decals and other LEGO related stuff. My flickr and Brcikshelf pages.

#4 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

Wow, what a great job!  Designing minifigs and labels!  I would love to!  
If only I was nice enough or talented enough....   :laugh:
It's really good to know what skills TLG are looking for, so we know what to practice and hope!
Duc LeStrange, Special Envoy of the Petraea General Trading Company, of the Kaliphlin Guild.  
We work for Peace and Prosperity through Commerce.
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

a bit off topic but has any of your work been in any released sets yet? :classic:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#6 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

• Saloon Gambler

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

2012  :classic:

#7 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:55 AM

View PostBrick Miner, on 27 August 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

2012 :classic:

Awesome can't wait to see your work :sweet:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#8 RubeusHagrid

RubeusHagrid

Member: 14996

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

View PostBrick Miner, on 19 August 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

Hi guys :) I'd like to see some Eurobricks members apply. Who wants to design minifigures, decorations, and labels in Billund with me?

http://jobsatlego.co...t-graphics-jobs

Do you know of any set designer posts? I've always dreamed of working as one. Ideally I'd be looking to work on City/Town/Castle(/Winter Buildings)
"What's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does."

#9 Stardusty

Stardusty

Member: 14245

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

This is definetly job I would like to do when I grow up.
I try to learn as much as possible every day about graphic design and 3D design.
"To build, or not to build, that is the question."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 frogstudio

frogstudio

Member: 2684

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

Hi!!!  Just a quick question.  I'm a graphic designer and architect, currently working and living in Argentina.  Do you know if TLG would hire someone to work remotely (without relocating)???  Many thanks...

#11 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

• Saloon Gambler

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostRubeusHagrid, on 28 August 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

Do you know of any set designer posts? I've always dreamed of working as one. Ideally I'd be looking to work on City/Town/Castle(/Winter Buildings)
I have been told that LEGO is currently scouting for model buildings also. However, I have no further information on this.

View Postfrogstudio, on 29 August 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

Hi!!!  Just a quick question.  I'm a graphic designer and architect, currently working and living in Argentina.  Do you know if TLG would hire someone to work remotely (without relocating)???  Many thanks...
This position is for location in Billund Denmark.

#12 starpuke

starpuke

Member: 29808

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi, Brick Miner!

I'd like to make you a few questions for the apply if its possible :S

#13 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

• Saloon Gambler

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hello starpuke, this is an old post. We were, however, looking for graphic designers on my team this year. You can find that post here:
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=70586

Since we have already invited participants for the recruitment workshop this fall, I believe the submission window is now passed.
Though, I happen to be on summer break now, so I'm not certain.

In any case, if you have a portfolio I would like to see it :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users