Sign in to follow this  
sidersdd

Heroica Storage Box

Found this at the LEGO store yesterday. It's a Heroica Storage Box for holding (and traveling with) all the parts from the four sets. It includes a fold out playing surface with a map of the Heroica world. As an added bonus, there may be hints to the next modules to be released in 2012, as there are four regions which are referenced off the map - Barresh (home of the Barbarian), Drandora (home of the Rogue), Seldaan, and Elsruck. The box is very well put together, and feels solid (reminds me of the sturdiness of the MBA Kit 1 box). It was $34.99, but a very nice addition to the Heroica collection. More pics on my flickr feed.

Heroica - Storage Box (Front Cover)

6047876457_fd30b1a0c6.jpg

6047876819_5e952d9a20.jpg

6047877109_1edd039931.jpg

This is something interesting. I wish they would market it in this manner.

Are you trying to tell us that this new storage box is each sold separately??? :look:

This is something interesting. I wish they would market it in this manner.

Are you trying to tell us that this new storage box is each sold separately??? :look:

Yes, it's a new product. Sold separate from the games. It's a storage box which has slots and bins for holding all the pieces from the four Heroica games (Castle Fortaan, Caverns of Nathuz, Draida Bay, Waldurk Forest), and comes with a "map" which serves as a playing surface for the game.

Interesting. Hopefully the vacuum forming prevents having to rebuild every module each time you play.

I saw this in TRU the other day and from what I could make out this was not the case - the trays hold lots of the flat board pieces and the features individually. I could be wrong though - this was just from looking at the box.

Looks worth its money. Certainly if you're a player who wishes to take his game to friends. The cardboard map is also really nice, it'll definitely last longer than the regular paper one I believe is in the normal sets :thumbup: .

So can it hold all four games?

Because the reviews on shop.lego.com are pretty harsh... yet it looks so good and promising :sadnew:

So can it hold all four games?

Because the reviews on shop.lego.com are pretty harsh... yet it looks so good and promising :sadnew:

According to both of the reviews on Brickset, there isn't enough room to store all four Heroica games without disassembling them. A lot of the S@H reviews seem to indicate the same problem.

OK so the box for storage is almost useless then. What about the cardboard playing mat? When all four games assembled on it is everything stable enough so that it can be carried from one room to another? So one doesn't have to re-assemble everything every time but rather move it from the playing area to the storage area and vice versa.

OK so the box for storage is almost useless then. What about the cardboard playing mat? When all four games assembled on it is everything stable enough so that it can be carried from one room to another? So one doesn't have to re-assemble everything every time but rather move it from the playing area to the storage area and vice versa.

I don't know about that; how much do they need to be disassembled? Taking the sets apart completely would be bad, but splitting them into modules (for example, separating the "hallways" and "rooms" of Castle Fortaan) might still make transport easier. Mind you, I have neither the Heroica Games nor the Storage Box, so I could be assuming that the "boards" are a lot more durable than they actually are.