Willys MB US Army Jeep

2 replies to this topic

#1 Chewk

Chewk

Member: 8451

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

Posted Image
Hi all! I've been a bit AWOL recently, but here is something I threw together recently.

Posted Image
The Willys MB US Army Jeep was manufactured from 1941 to 1945. The small four-wheel drive utility vehicles are considered the iconic World War II Jeep, and inspired many similar light utility vehicles. Over the years, the World War II Jeep later evolved into the "CJ" civilian Jeep. Its counterpart in the German army was the Volkswagen K├╝belwagen, also based on a small automobile, but which used an air-cooled engine and lacked 4 wheel drive.

Posted Image
It comfortably fits 2 figs in front, and 1-2 depending on seating arrangement in back (2 if both figs are on the edge), and all wheels roll smoothly. The canopy from the Indiana Jones Shanghai set could hypothetically fit over the two in the front, but the one I have is ripped so I didn't make it a priority to try. Also, all of the dark grey you see is old dark grey.

More pics on Flickr!

Enjoy!

-Chewk

Edited by Rufus, 25 August 2011 - 07:09 PM.
Indexed

#2 treeboy

treeboy

Member: 18086

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:04 AM

Very nice Jeep!
"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

#3 Rufus

Rufus

• Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

Very nice!  I love the technique you've used for the rounded front end, and I'm impressed with the general shape for such a small model, and that it'll seat four  :cry_happy: :thumbup:

What are the 'hooks' used for the front bumper?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users