Heroica RPG General Discussion

39800 replies to this topic

#7901 Bricksandparts

Bricksandparts

• Saaaaaaandy?

Member: 17853

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

What if you are on a quest with a class from the Shadeux for instance after having a great reputation with them and you end up on a quest where you switch sides? Do you get to use either or the two faction's classes?

Posted Image

(Click image for higher resolution)

Heroica RPG (R&D) Hero Statistics page

#7902 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostScubacarrot, on 02 May 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

You totally stole my joke.

I think it's because when we think of two Factions that are opposed, Hinckwells and Shadeaux are the first two that come to mind, since they're so common. :wink:

...which brings us back to the topic of under-used Houses.  I know we touched on this a bit a while back, but I want to ask you: why do you think so few Quests feature the Ji Pei, or the Guild of Invision?  Lack of parts, or something else?

May be slightly depressed.
Posted Image & Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 33.75 Dragoon, 22-year-old male Human???  & Miirym, 0-year-old female Dragon hatchling in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#7903 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostFlipz, on 02 May 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

...which brings us back to the topic of under-used Houses.  I know we touched on this a bit a while back, but I want to ask you: why do you think so few Quests feature the Ji Pei, or the Guild of Invision?  Lack of parts, or something else?

I think people avert those two factions mostly because I haven't properly introduced them yet.

But that's about to change at least for the alchemists, since my next two quests are now open for applicants. :wink:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#7904 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Member: 14025

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

I think WBD did a great job with the Guild of Invision!
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#7905 The Legonater

The Legonater

• Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past

Member: 8515

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Sandy, would these be the short three-or-four battle long quests you mentioned? Posted Image

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 28 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis

#7906 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

View PostRumble Strike, on 02 May 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

I think WBD did a great job with the Guild of Invision!

Oh, without question!  It's just that he was the only one, until Sandy's new posting just now, of course. :wink:

May be slightly depressed.
Posted Image & Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 33.75 Dragoon, 22-year-old male Human???  & Miirym, 0-year-old female Dragon hatchling in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#7907 Tanma

Tanma

Member: 20377

Might the Alchemist Alphonse be a reference to a certain Anime?

Posted Image
De'kra stats

My stories: Knifefish Automaton Knifefish 2 Kaeru Kitsune Spiders Spiders 2 To Come Upon Living Machines The Hunt

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged" - Jaller(Jala)
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

#7908 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

Flipz, I was referring to what Sandy said, about the Guild and the Ji-Pei not being used much as they hadn't been introduced properly.  I think especially on that basis WBD introduced them very well, and added a great look into the way they see the world.

#7909 Chromeknight

Chromeknight

• Heyo!

Member: 6074

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostTheBoyWonder, on 02 May 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Oh sorry I forgot. I will edit the post. :blush:

Leo just got a bit too much to handle. Writing in his style was far to different from me, I grew to dislike using RP. Also, I felt the advance class choices are limiting with a knight.
I also agree, its a shame to see Leo leave, It seemed that he was just starting to move beyond the knight cookie-cutter. And the background you'd developed was beginning to get some traction.

The comment about not liking the RP aspects of the game reflects something I was thinking about recently. What do people want to get from the game? I would guess there are as many different answers as there are players. One thing that is noticeable compared to other gaming groups I've been in is the number of characters that seem to be player avatars rather than independent characters in their own right. Not that's a goodor bad thing, but it does drag ego in sometimes. When a player expy is liked, the player feels liked, and conversely when not liked, some players find the game less rewarding. I'm not specifically saying that is what is happening here. But I know for myself I could more aware of that phenomenon and occasionally Bette careful ony character interactions.

Nerwen Calmcacil, Elven Minstrel, wants to find the mummifier in the Heroica RPG.
Posted Image

#7910 Endgame

Endgame

• [u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

Member: 20312

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Rumble, I'd recommend inspecting the die you use to decide Sorrow's actions.

It's broken.  :tongue:
Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Also playing as Lynne in Heroic RPG: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1983436
Currently hosting Quest #105: Eternal Reaper
And finally, plaing as Edward Grey in Red Menace Mafia.

#7911 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostChromeknight, on 02 May 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

What do people want to get from the game?
What else? Loot and XP.  :sweet:

#7912 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostEndgame, on 02 May 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Rumble, I'd recommend inspecting the die you use to decide Sorrow's actions.

It's broken.  :tongue:

It's not been a great couple of rounds for you guys, I agree!

#7913 Endgame

Endgame

• [u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

Member: 20312

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostRumble Strike, on 02 May 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

It's not been a great couple of rounds for you guys, I agree!
Mine as well take a page from Hybro's book and get drunk on nostrum all day every day chug a nostrum before every battle. Knowing my luck though, I'd just roll 2 damage rolls. :sceptic:
Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Also playing as Lynne in Heroic RPG: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1983436
Currently hosting Quest #105: Eternal Reaper
And finally, plaing as Edward Grey in Red Menace Mafia.

#7914 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Lots of heroes have had runs of bad luck.  Even the most well-known like Maurice, Eric, and De'kra.  Sorrow will hit something one day soon, but it may not be this day!

#7915 Tanma

Tanma

Member: 20377

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostChromeknight, on 02 May 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

I also agree, its a shame to see Leo leave, It seemed that he was just starting to move beyond the knight cookie-cutter. And the background you'd developed was beginning to get some traction.

The comment about not liking the RP aspects of the game reflects something I was thinking about recently. What do people want to get from the game? I would guess there are as many different answers as there are players. One thing that is noticeable compared to other gaming groups I've been in is the number of characters that seem to be player avatars rather than independent characters in their own right. Not that's a goodor bad thing, but it does drag ego in sometimes. When a player expy is liked, the player feels liked, and conversely when not liked, some players find the game less rewarding. I'm not specifically saying that is what is happening here. But I know for myself I could more aware of that phenomenon and occasionally Bette careful ony character interactions.
World conquest. I want world conquest, and I am using this RPG as the foundation. Soon my Chimpanzee infantry will move against Europa and Titan, and we will control the path to Alpha Centauri.

...but seriously, I like this game as some quests force you tho think creatively, and it is fun to imagine another world and create a character. Plus this is like the most social interaction I get, aside from interacting with professors. There are otherfactors too, but they are obvious.

Really De'kra and me differ in several aspects, like I am more cynical but less eager to have blood on my hands. Plus I am not as social as him in real life, although we both are not the best at social rules. Luckily I think just comes off as eccentricity, which probably isn't too inaccurate.

Posted Image
De'kra stats

My stories: Knifefish Automaton Knifefish 2 Kaeru Kitsune Spiders Spiders 2 To Come Upon Living Machines The Hunt

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged" - Jaller(Jala)
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

#7916 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostSandy, on 02 May 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

The levels of reputation are "good" (after completing one quest for the faction successfully), "great" (after two quests) and "outstanding" (after three quests). These will have storyline purposes later on, if we ever get to that point with the main story. There's still loads of quests for me to host before that... :tongue:
So shouldn't Althior have "outstanding" reputation with the Hinckwell's? Quest #5, #9, and #17 all offered improved reputations with the Hinckwell's I believe.
My Collection

Posted Image

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats

#7917 posades

posades

• Unknown Entity +9999

Member: 4353

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostRumble Strike, on 02 May 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Lots of heroes have had runs of bad luck.  Even the most well-known like Maurice, Eric, and De'kra.  Sorrow will hit something one day soon, but it may not be this day!
I can attest this statement.  :sad:

Per aspera ad astra.

Xander Unth'or, lv 30 Hunter - Heroica RPG

#7918 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Member: 20641

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Like I said, very rough draft. It's a temporary change to appearance, not a permanent one, and the complicated-ness was something I disliked about it. I wanted to do a class based on recoil damage, which does more damage than any others at the cost of doing some of that damage back to yourself. The shields were included for the sake of not killing yourself, as heroes tend to have a vast Power compared to HP. Here's a quick revision. Thanks for the feedback!

Dragon Champion
HP Bonus: TBD
Job Traits: Intimidate, Diplomacy, (Animal Talk - only if Expert Classes have 3, not 2, job traits)
Equipment: Polearms, flails, shields
Battle Style: Draconic
Shield: Dragon Breath Select between Fire, Ice, Lightning, or Plant. Deal elemental damage equal to WPx3 + lvl, to all foes, then apply Burned (Foe takes 1 damage per turn and Level is halved), Bound, Stunned, or Badly Poisoned depending on element
Critical Vicious Strike: Deal damage equal to WPx4 + lvl, then take 1/2 damage in recoil, which is affected by SP. (lvl 30 + WP 15x4 = 90 damage. The champion takes 45 -SP 10 (35) damage.)
Vicious Strike: Deal damage equal to WPx2 +lvl, then take 1/2 damage in recoil, which is affected by SP. (lvl 30+WP 15x2= 60 damage. 30-SP 10 = 20 recoil damage.)
Overshoot: Deal damage equal to WP only to the foe listed behind the target, then Stun the Champion.
Defended Damage: Take damage equal to opponent's level minus SP
Special Damage: Is struck by the foe's special skill

Playing as Arasmyth RuGard (Elven Evoker) in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes

#7919 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

Double post

Edited by Kadabra, 03 May 2012 - 02:47 AM.

Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes

#7920 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

Triple post.  :blush:

Edited by Kadabra, 03 May 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#7921 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

Why don't you guys just wait until you have your ideas completely ready with all the details and photos before submitting/posting?  I just don't really understand keeping posting "this isn't really the real thing it's just a rough idea and i'm still working on it".

#7922 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

To get feedback and criticism. As you saw, my idea was ridiculously complex and OP, so by posting it here and getting an outside opinion, I can start working to make it better.  :wink:  Plus, as no one has seen Sandy's finalized classes, we can't finalize our own as we don't have anything to model it off of Scubacarrot's and my rough drafts are based on the Advanced Classes, so even if we got pretty, finalized pictures and a stat set that would seamlessly blend in with the other classes at this point, we'd still have to edit them once we saw how an official expert class worked.

#7923 UsernameMDM

UsernameMDM

• Back to the drawing board!

Member: 4006

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

No offense, but I don't think Heroica needs anymore classes aside from the ones Sandy has made.

I see that Sandy has asked for pitches.  So what exactly constitutes an accomplished QM?

Edited by UsernameMDM, 03 May 2012 - 03:42 AM.

#7924 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostUsernameMDM, on 03 May 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

I see that Sandy has asked for pitches.  So what exactly constitutes an accomplished QM?
I think the first requirement is that you have created a major recurring faction, and then you also have to have a good idea of how to balance enemies.

On that note, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring back the Brobric Elves, but now I'm considering having them return as a rival faction to the Lions.

#7925 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Member: 7199

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 03 May 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

On that note, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring back the Brobric Elves, but now I'm considering having them return as a rival faction to the Lions.

I'm hoping for some really awesome expert classes.  :sweet:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 34 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 5 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users