2012 LEGO CREATOR Rumours and Discussion

117 replies to this topic

#76 Dakar A

Dakar A

• I've been outing Scum for OURS!

Member: 21891

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostBigRedGoat, on 14 February 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that 5891 Apple Tree House was cheaper than $50, and had over 100 pieces more than the seaside house.

It might be the light blue bricks. They had to dedicate some other (basic brick)molds to light blue, instead of a more-widely used (red! :wacko:) colour. But if there is a set with similarly coloured peices out now, I see no reason for that... (The orange copter also has a SRP, insted of MSRP, so that might account for something! :wacko: :laugh: )

Dakar

Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Top-notch Town Builder ! Played as Puss in Boots in Sandy's Mafia School: A Bed Time Story. Played as Ensign Jack Campbell , security in Bob's Excalibur Mafia. I My Flickr I Brick Town Talk! I Bricks in Space! I

#77 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

The seaside house is quite nice looking, very nautical.....though I do wonder if it was designed with Friend's in mind as well as  standard minifigs. :wink:

#78 Lyichir

Lyichir

Member: 14738

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I love the color scheme of the seaside house, but what attracts my eye even more than that is the unprinted Collectable Minifig surfboard on the side of it. That surfboard piece is so much better than the oversized sailboard, and since it appears in Friends too I'm excited to be seeing it in more sets.

#79 snefroe

snefroe

• waisted plastic

Member: 230

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

well i like the truck, even though it's a bit conservative. as such, it's not a highly innovative design, i don't really see anything highly exciting, bit it's cool anyway...

not too fond of the house though... i've seen better...

i like the plane as well. it's not spectacular, it's in fact, pretty basic, but it shows you don't require a lot of bricks to come up with a pretty nice design

#80 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

The Seaside House set looked very nice at the Toy Fair. I think $50 is quiet expensive for a Creator set with 415 pieces, as the Lighthouse Island set form last year was $40 and had 518 pieces, and the Log Cabin set also from last year had 355 pieces, but was only $30. But, I still think I'll pick up the Seaside House. :classic:

#81 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Member: 19109

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

The light blue walls with red roof doesn't look as bad as I thought it might.  Definitely like the house and am looking forward to getting it!  The yellow beach house is my all-time favorite creator house, and this one fits right in line.   Am a bit disappointed that the roof windows seem to be close to the same build as in the beach house, though.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#82 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

The "Seaside House" is probably my favorite out of all the new creator sets. It has a nice overall design and I really like the open feel of the lani and beach area. Too bad the original palm trees aren't used anymore. It is also good to have the surf board included in a blank color.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#83 Arigomi

Arigomi

Member: 14193

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

View Postsnefroe, on 14 February 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

well i like the truck, even though it's a bit conservative. as such, it's not a highly innovative design, i don't really see anything highly exciting, bit it's cool anyway...

While the concept isn't new, the technique used to build it is unique. If you compare it to vehicles from previous years, you will notice a chunkier look overall. That's because there is more emphasis on the use of curved elements with a minimal use of plates and tiles. I'm surprised that this set includes two light bricks. Normally, sets only include one.

Edited by Arigomi, 15 February 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#84 LegoSjaak

LegoSjaak

Member: 10715

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

The color of the Seaside House might be a nice addition to my Town, but i'm not sure if i will pay that much for it... I'd rather buy one the older Creator houses for that money... Let's wait and see....

Greetz, LegoSjaak
Check my latest videos (HD-quality, over 1,000,000 views) on YouTube or search for 'LegoSjaak' on Flickr for other pictures (or just click the link below)!!

http://www.flickr.co...otos/legosjaak/

http://www.youtube.c...oSjaak/featured

#85 Space Terrapin

Space Terrapin

Member: 21545

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Apart from the light blue bricks, the Seaside House isn't nearly as attractive as last year's lighthouse island or even the log cabin.  A pity, when I first heard about it I was quite excited.  The vehicles are as good as ever though.

#86 sharky

sharky

Member: 17931

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Love the Seaside House and it will go well with the yellow Beach House and Light House.  Looking forward to getting this for my daughter so she can build her neighborhood.

#87 TheKingOfBuilding

TheKingOfBuilding

Member: 18693

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Loving the Seaside House! The palm tree and wave techniques scream creator! And all of those medium blue bricks and POP arches  :wub:

Posted Image

For all of my models, visit my flickr!

#88 Lyichir

Lyichir

Member: 14738

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostMacoco, on 15 February 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

The "Seaside House" is probably my favorite out of all the new creator sets. It has a nice overall design and I really like the open feel of the lani and beach area. Too bad the original palm trees aren't used anymore. It is also good to have the surf board included in a blank color.

Even if the original palm tree piece were still in use, I doubt it'd be used in this set. Creator typically has an emphasis on the brick-built, for instance including brick-built dogs and birds when specialized molds for these creatures exist. I personally think the custom palm tree is pretty cute.

#89 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostLyichir, on 15 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Even if the original palm tree piece were still in use, I doubt it'd be used in this set. Creator typically has an emphasis on the brick-built, for instance including brick-built dogs and birds when specialized molds for these creatures exist. I personally think the custom palm tree is pretty cute.

Very true, as the whole aspect of CREATOR is to inspire imagination and including over specialty molds would limit that. In the past not even minifigs used to be included but now it looks they are changing that.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#90 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

I will definitely be picking up this set, maybe two just for the bricks. I also agree the price is a little steep. I still don't like the red roof, so I will most likely switch it out for black.  :classic:

#91 pigpen

pigpen

Member: 13746

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

7347 Highway Pickup

The middle pic at the bottom reminds me of the first truck I drove, an English commer

Attached Images

• Commer truck.jpg
  • Lego commer.jpg

#92 MetroiD

MetroiD

• Lost in the forest of life

Member: 5374

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostLyichir, on 15 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Yes, but you should not forget that palm tree pieces can also be used for completely different purposes :wink:
I am very much hoping to see more palm trunks, by the way. Love experimenting with various applications of those.
Currently trimming bangs and slicing scalps in TrumpetKing's CMF Mafia 2 as Melinda Dugan.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#93 Tragic Banjo

Tragic Banjo

• There is no spoon.

Member: 18218

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

I think I can spot a few 1x1 transparent bricks in the Seaside House! I'm a little disappointed that all the 1x1 bricks with side studs are grey though; I was hoping to get some in medium blue. Either way I doubt I'll get the set if that's really the price (12 cents/piece for a Creator house - that can't be right, can it?).
Posted Image

"Am I the only one who-" "No."

#94 splatman

splatman

Member: 12763

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Seeing the pic of the Seaside House, I thought :thumbup: on the medium blue walls, but why the red roof? LEGO did at least 3 Creator houses with red roofs, so why not a different color? TLG seems to be obsessed with red roof slopes. That's mainly what they made since they started making roof slopes. White came to mind, nah, save that for a winter themed house set (That's a suggestion, TLG!). Brown or dark brown? That would crash with the med-blue. So would dark blue (done), sand blue, and sand green. Tan? That would be too much with the tan beach. I know! Light yellow! I don't think TLG did light yellow slopes before. Pink would look good, too, but that would confuse the set with the Friends line.

#95 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

Each of the Highway Pickup vehicles are great builds in their own right, can't wait!
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#96 Plastic Nurak

Plastic Nurak

Member: 10742

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

:wub:
THANKS, MADIBA

efferman said:

but anyway we are all lego Users. i dont care which nationality the people have.

Stupid questions hater

*/hating himself when asking something stupid*/

#97 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Member: 2644

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

I recently read some LEGO Shop At Home reviews of 7292 Propeller Adventures, and I noticed that people were complaining about how hard the 4th model was to find.

Then I remembered that I had downloaded these instructions from the LEGO Club Web site using the Club code "WINGS" (no quotes).

Here's a direct link to the instructions (in PDF format).

In addition, 6913's 4th model was revealed in the last LEGO Club e-newsletter. Here's a link to the PDF file.

Does anyone know where the 4th model instructions are for 7291 Street Rebel? Should I just wait for LEGO to reveal them as well?

-Toa Of Justice

Tinker Posted Image Bell | 21103 Posted Image Revamp | iWin Posted Image Dual Device Dock

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

#98 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

I didn't know 4th model instructions existed. Are there any for the house/building type of sets? (Lighthouse, Cabin, Hillside House, etc)

#99 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Member: 2644

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostZeya, on 01 March 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

I didn't know 4th model instructions existed. Are there any for the house/building type of sets? (Lighthouse, Cabin, Hillside House, etc)
I tried searching on Google, but no luck. Sorry. :sad:

However, there might be some fan-made alternate instructions out there for those sets... :wink:

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: As I don't own any of those sets, I haven't made any such instructions.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice, 02 March 2012 - 03:18 AM.

Tinker Posted Image Bell | 21103 Posted Image Revamp | iWin Posted Image Dual Device Dock

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

#100 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Fourth-model instructions are generally "bonus" instructions developed specifically for the LEGO Club, as far as I'm aware. As such they don't necessarily exist for all Creator sets.

I was quite fond of the Vespa-style scooter design one magazine provided instructions for as an alternate build for the Cool Convertible.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users