Jump to content


Ninjago 2012


2301 replies to this topic

#1426 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

View Postechax, on 10 April 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Yeah, the thing is that is just 2 pieces- low even for a polybag!
:iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :hmpf:
I meant that the set could include the staff, but not Pythor. :wall:

#1427 Flipz

Flipz

  • Treason didn't work for him


    Posts: 7378
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 10 April 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

:iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :hmpf:
I meant that the set could include the staff, but not Pythor. :wall:

Emphasis on include--obviously, the staff wouldn't be the only thing in the set. :laugh:

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]


#1428 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 4351
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostFlipz, on 10 April 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Emphasis on include--obviously, the staff wouldn't be the only thing in the set. :laugh:
But now that would be the best set Lego ever produced! :poke:
My Collection

Posted Image


Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats


#1429 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 7429
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Regarding the last two episodes of the Ninjago TV series (don't worry this is still about sets)...

Spoiler

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#1430 Lyichir

Lyichir

    Posts: 1463
    Joined: 17-December 10
    Member: 14738
    Country: USA

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostZibdas, on 09 April 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

As for the upcoming Samurai Mechanic, does anyone know if it will have the ball joints for limbs or the clicky Exp Force joints?
From what I can tell, it'll have both kinds of joints, like the mechs from the final year of Exo-Force. Click joints for the hips and knees (which need to support the most weight), but ball joints for the ankles (so that it always has both feet flat on the ground) and the arms (which only need to support their own weight, and the weight of the sword).

#1431 Zibdas

Zibdas

    Posts: 40
    Joined: 12-March 12
    Member: 27270
    Country: USA! USA!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostLyichir, on 12 April 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

From what I can tell, it'll have both kinds of joints, like the mechs from the final year of Exo-Force. Click joints for the hips and knees (which need to support the most weight), but ball joints for the ankles (so that it always has both feet flat on the ground) and the arms (which only need to support their own weight, and the weight of the sword).
Awe... I was playing with my Fangpyre Mech and my least favourite bit is how annoying the click hinges on the legs are to pose.

#1432 Kalhiki

Kalhiki

    Posts: 1053
    Joined: 15-September 11
    Member: 20441

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostAanchir, on 12 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Regarding the last two episodes of the Ninjago TV series (don't worry this is still about sets)...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Kalhiki

Posted Image

Kalhiki: Now on DeviantART! Check me out!

"is everything that black and white to you? can you see pandas and zebras, or only half of them?" -Grima


#1433 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19313
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

Don't forget that this topic is about the sets, not the show. I've moved a few of the show related posts to the relevant topic...





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#1434 Mr_Malfoy

Mr_Malfoy

    Posts: 535
    Joined: 03-April 11
    Member: 17027
    Country: Middle-Earth

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

So, as regarding to the sets, I was wondering: What Serpentine Tribe is the easiest to collect? I'm trying to think up ways to build up a Serpentine army, and so far I've got this idea:

Anacondrai
- Pythor P. Chumsworth (1x)

Hypnobrai
- Skales (1x)
- Slithraa (2x)
- Mezmo (2x or 3x)
- Rattla (3x)

Fangpyre
- Fangtom (1x)
- Fangdam (2x)
- Fang-Suei (2x or 3x)
- Snappa (3x)

Constrictai
- Skalidor (1x)
- Bytar (2x)
- Chokun (2x or 3x)
- Snike (3x)

Venomari
- Acidicus (1x)
- Lizaru (2x)
- Spitta (2x or 3x)
- Lasha (3x)
I'm a Christian and proud of it! I'm also proud to be a Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Disney, Lord of the Rings, and LEGO fan too...

#1435 Zibdas

Zibdas

    Posts: 40
    Joined: 12-March 12
    Member: 27270
    Country: USA! USA!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostMr_Malfoy, on 14 April 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

So, as regarding to the sets, I was wondering: What Serpentine Tribe is the easiest to collect? I'm trying to think up ways to build up a Serpentine army, and so far I've got this idea:

Anacondrai
- Pythor P. Chumsworth (1x)

Hypnobrai
- Skales (1x)
- Slithraa (2x)
- Mezmo (2x or 3x)
- Rattla (3x)

Fangpyre
- Fangtom (1x)
- Fangdam (2x)
- Fang-Suei (2x or 3x)
- Snappa (3x)

Constrictai
- Skalidor (1x)
- Bytar (2x)
- Chokun (2x or 3x)
- Snike (3x)

Venomari
- Acidicus (1x)
- Lizaru (2x)
- Spitta (2x or 3x)
- Lasha (3x)
I don't know what you're saying here, but if it's relevant, Skales comes in two sets, not one like the other generals.

#1436 MakutaNocturn

MakutaNocturn

    Posts: 419
    Joined: 14-February 11
    Member: 15997
    Country: Poland

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostZibdas, on 14 April 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

I don't know what you're saying here, but if it's relevant, Skales comes in two sets, not one like the other generals.

It's only the list containing numbers of figs that he wants. For example Mezmo is only in 1 spinner. It's nice to see the names of all of them.  :classic: What do you think about Serpentines in Lego Castle Armor? For warriors? Hm?

#1437 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 7429
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well, I'm not sure if you've factored this into your decision, but as of right now the Fangpyre tribe is the easiest to collect-- it's the only one for which all four tribe members are already available. I actually finished collecting the Fangpyre tribe yesterday when I opened the Rattlecopter set I got for my birthday.

But which of these is easiest to collect depends on what kind of sets you prefer to get.

  • If you want the option that requires the fewest sets, it's obviously Anacondrai (9449), since Pythor's the only member, followed by Constrictai (9448+9450).
  • If you prefer to get building sets over spinner sets and booster packs whenever possible, then the Anacondrai tribe, Fangpyre tribe and Constrictai tribe are easiest to collect since you can get all members of each without any spinners or booster packs.
  • If you want to spend as little money as possible regardless of content, then the Hypnobrai tribe is easiest to collect (9441+9446+9555+9573), with the Fangpyre tribe only one cent costlier in the US (9445+9564+9567).
  • If you want the option with the lowest overall price per piece, then Fangpyre is still easiest (9442+9443+9445), followed by Constrictai (9448+9450) Hypnobrai (9441+9446+9555), then Anacondrai (9449).
  • If you want the option that gets you the most minifigures overall (not counting duplicates), it's the Venomari tribe (9449+9450+9557+9562, netting you 10 unique non-Venomari minifigures including Wu, Garmadon, Pythor, and all five ZX Ninja). But obviously comes with the highest cost.

So overall "easiest to collect" depends on what types of sets you consider most convenient/inconvenient. And obviously this is all out the window if a store exclusive set shows up that creates new options for collecting the tribes. But it was an interesting thing to think about.

Edited by Aanchir, 14 April 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#1438 Kalhiki

Kalhiki

    Posts: 1053
    Joined: 15-September 11
    Member: 20441

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostAanchir, on 14 April 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Well, I'm not sure if you've factored this into your decision, but as of right now the Fangpyre tribe is the easiest to collect-- it's the only one for which all four tribe members are already available. I actually finished collecting the Fangpyre tribe yesterday when I opened the Rattlecopter set I got for my birthday.

But which of these is easiest to collect depends on what kind of sets you prefer to get.

  • If you want the option that requires the fewest sets, it's obviously Anacondrai (9449), since Pythor's the only member, followed by Constrictai (9448+9450).
  • If you prefer to get building sets over spinner sets and booster packs whenever possible, then the Anacondrai tribe, Fangpyre tribe and Constrictai tribe are easiest to collect since you can get all members of each without any spinners or booster packs.
  • If you want to spend as little money as possible regardless of content, then the Hypnobrai tribe is easiest to collect (9441+9446+9555+9573), with the Fangpyre tribe only one cent costlier in the US (9445+9564+9567).
  • If you want the option with the lowest overall price per piece, then Fangpyre is still easiest (9442+9443+9445), followed by Constrictai (9448+9450) Hypnobrai (9441+9446+9555), then Anacondrai (9449).
  • If you want the option that gets you the most minifigures overall (not counting duplicates), it's the Venomari tribe (9449+9450+9557+9562, netting you 10 unique non-Venomari minifigures including Wu, Garmadon, Pythor, and all five ZX Ninja). But obviously comes with the highest cost.

So overall "easiest to collect" depends on what types of sets you consider most convenient/inconvenient. And obviously this is all out the window if a store exclusive set shows up that creates new options for collecting the tribes. But it was an interesting thing to think about.
...
Does this come naturally to you, or do you do a lot of research?
Either way, it's cool to see what figures come in which sets. Makes collecting easier.
Anyway, I was wondering: Why does the Rattlecopter come with the Constrictai staff and not the Fangpyre (beings as though it's a Fangpyre vehicle and all).

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki, 15 April 2012 - 02:58 AM.

Posted Image

Kalhiki: Now on DeviantART! Check me out!

"is everything that black and white to you? can you see pandas and zebras, or only half of them?" -Grima


#1439 Flipz

Flipz

  • Treason didn't work for him


    Posts: 7378
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostKalhiki, on 15 April 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

...
Does this come naturally to you, or do you do a lot of research?
Either way, it's cool to see what figures come in which sets. Makes collecting easier.
Anyway, I was wondering: Why does the Rattlecopter come with the Constrictai staff and not the Fangpyre (beings as though it's a Fangpyre vehicle and all).

Kalhiki

So that all four staffs are available in the first wave. :wink:

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]


#1440 refriedbeans

refriedbeans

    Posts: 157
    Joined: 26-March 10
    Member: 10031

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Regarding the Ultra Sonic Raider, I think it would be cool if it had a sound brick that plays the sacred flute music! I would definitely buy it! :wub:
Currently Collecting: Mixels and Lego Movie sets

#1441 Flipz

Flipz

  • Treason didn't work for him


    Posts: 7378
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

View Postrefriedbeans, on 17 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Regarding the Ultra Sonic Raider, I think it would be cool if it had a sound brick that plays the sacred flute music! I would definitely buy it! :wub:

I'm pretty sure it does... :look:

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]


#1442 ben30024

ben30024

    Posts: 25
    Joined: 26-September 11
    Member: 20656

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostAanchir, on 14 April 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Well, I'm not sure if you've factored this into your decision, but as of right now the Fangpyre tribe is the easiest to collect-- it's the only one for which all four tribe members are already available. I actually finished collecting the Fangpyre tribe yesterday when I opened the Rattlecopter set I got for my birthday.

But which of these is easiest to collect depends on what kind of sets you prefer to get.

  • If you want the option that requires the fewest sets, it's obviously Anacondrai (9449), since Pythor's the only member, followed by Constrictai (9448+9450).
  • If you prefer to get building sets over spinner sets and booster packs whenever possible, then the Anacondrai tribe, Fangpyre tribe and Constrictai tribe are easiest to collect since you can get all members of each without any spinners or booster packs.
  • If you want to spend as little money as possible regardless of content, then the Hypnobrai tribe is easiest to collect (9441+9446+9555+9573), with the Fangpyre tribe only one cent costlier in the US (9445+9564+9567).
  • If you want the option with the lowest overall price per piece, then Fangpyre is still easiest (9442+9443+9445), followed by Constrictai (9448+9450) Hypnobrai (9441+9446+9555), then Anacondrai (9449).
  • If you want the option that gets you the most minifigures overall (not counting duplicates), it's the Venomari tribe (9449+9450+9557+9562, netting you 10 unique non-Venomari minifigures including Wu, Garmadon, Pythor, and all five ZX Ninja). But obviously comes with the highest cost.

So overall "easiest to collect" depends on what types of sets you consider most convenient/inconvenient. And obviously this is all out the window if a store exclusive set shows up that creates new options for collecting the tribes. But it was an interesting thing to think about.
Well awesome! I just bought the rattlecopter, And i'm hoping to get the fangpyre truck ambush for my birthday, That means i'll only need $10 to complete the tribe!(Snappa)

#1443 Zibdas

Zibdas

    Posts: 40
    Joined: 12-March 12
    Member: 27270
    Country: USA! USA!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostFlipz, on 17 April 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it does... :look:
What makes you say that?

#1444 Flipz

Flipz

  • Treason didn't work for him


    Posts: 7378
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostZibdas, on 17 April 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

What makes you say that?

I seem to recall the sound brick being demonstrated in one of the toyfair videos.  I could be wrong, though, I'll have to see if I can find it again...

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]


#1445 Zibdas

Zibdas

    Posts: 40
    Joined: 12-March 12
    Member: 27270
    Country: USA! USA!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Something else I've noticed; Zzane gets the saddest vehicles. The Ice Dragon is pathetic in comparison to the other three, never mind his snowmobile... :sceptic:

View PostFlipz, on 18 April 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

I seem to recall the sound brick being demonstrated in one of the toyfair videos.  I could be wrong, though, I'll have to see if I can find it again...
That would be great, thanks.

Edited by Zibdas, 19 April 2012 - 12:45 PM.


#1446 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

    Posts: 829
    Joined: 26-September 11
    Member: 20659
    Country: England, UK

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostZibdas, on 18 April 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Something else I've noticed; Sane gets the saddest vehicles. The Ice Dragon is pathetic in comparison to the other three, never mind his snowmobile... :sceptic:

Now I regret getting the ice dragon set....actually, I don't. I get loads of pieces! But I lost most of them.....including all the pieces you need to make the skeleton and the blue sphere thing.
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#1447 Jouster

Jouster

    Posts: 262
    Joined: 25-December 10
    Member: 14890
    Country: Romania

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Summer spinners commercial
  ~ Fear of life
      Makes martyrs
      Of us all~

#1448 MakutaNocturn

MakutaNocturn

    Posts: 419
    Joined: 14-February 11
    Member: 15997
    Country: Poland

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostJouster, on 19 April 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Summer spinners commercial


Not only that.



#1449 Lyichir

Lyichir

    Posts: 1463
    Joined: 17-December 10
    Member: 14738
    Country: USA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostJouster, on 19 April 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Summer spinners commercial

Whoa! I wasn't expecting to see this so early. I don't know much Spanish; does the video description tell anything about the source for these videos? I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaked, considering the NRG Ninja aren't due out for at least another two months.

#1450 MakutaNocturn

MakutaNocturn

    Posts: 419
    Joined: 14-February 11
    Member: 15997
    Country: Poland

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostLyichir, on 19 April 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Whoa! I wasn't expecting to see this so early. I don't know much Spanish; does the video description tell anything about the source for these videos? I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaked, considering the NRG Ninja aren't due out for at least another two months.

It's italian... the website name ends with .it like Italy  *huh*



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users