Jump to content


2012 LEGO Boardgames Rumours & Discussion


192 replies to this topic

#126 Arigomi

Arigomi

    Posts: 245
    Joined: 13-November 10
    Member: 14193
    Country: USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

The "Battle of Hoth" game looks difficult to customize. The attack ranges rely heavily on the board layout to balance them.

#127 SilvaShado

SilvaShado

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 13-June 11
    Member: 18422
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for sharing the playing instructions! I downloaded the building instructions, but they never put the playing instruction for download. I'm still hoping to buy this through a friend, but now, if I really wanted to, I could build something like it and play.

Check out my profile & blog entries at The Brick Blogger

Here are the MOCs that my husband and I built: Flickr and BrickShelf

My Husband's first novel, The Cleric, is published and available on
Amazon (both print & Kindle ebook)! It's a humoristic tale of moderate adventure with a dash of romance.


#128 Artanis I

Artanis I

  • Who's Friggin' Dan?


    Posts: 2389
    Joined: 28-May 10
    Member: 10965
    Country: Australia

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

I picked up the Battle Of Hoth the other day, built it last night and had a quick game before I had to rush off. I see it could take on a similar approach to chess. Difference being that the board, pieces & objective are all customisable. I had fun playing by myself... haha. Curiously, it says 2 or 4 players but really it's 2 teams of however many on a team. This could be a plus or a minus, compared to eg Heroica where you originally have up to 6 individual players*, you could actually have 4, 5 or more people on each team if you built a big enough board and had enough troops for everyone to get involved before the game is over. 32 microfigs sounds a lot, but for the game's play it doesn't seem to be overkill.

*with a suitably modified board you can have as many players as you want of course...
Lego is not a dirty word

#129 andhe

andhe

    Posts: 310
    Joined: 29-July 11
    Member: 19348
    Country: UK

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Someone posted this link over on the facebook Heroica fan site:http://www.bbcw.com/...60&cat=&page=14

The description for Ilrion says:

"Coming from Lego.

Heroica is a new series of exciting adventure games that can be played seperately or combined into an even greater game experience! Continue your adventure in the world of Heroica with new heroes, potions and treasure. Its up to you to locate the Catacombs, fight your way past the vicious bats and lumbering zombies, and defeat the vampire lord to rescue the king!

This release features:

Lego Games - Heroica Ilrion.

2-3 players.
240 pieces.
Ages 7+
SKU LEGO3874

RELEASE: AUGUST 2012"

So that confirms details of the monsters being Zombies (which obviously ties in with the Catacomb theme) and a vampire Lord! Remains to be seen what the extra game mechanics will be (potions, traps and the giant bat thing!).

#130 SilvaShado

SilvaShado

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 13-June 11
    Member: 18422
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Anyone know when Kokoriko and Mini-Tauras are coming out?

Can't wait for the Heroica expansion!

Check out my profile & blog entries at The Brick Blogger

Here are the MOCs that my husband and I built: Flickr and BrickShelf

My Husband's first novel, The Cleric, is published and available on
Amazon (both print & Kindle ebook)! It's a humoristic tale of moderate adventure with a dash of romance.


#131 Cerator

Cerator

    Posts: 53
    Joined: 07-March 12
    Member: 27163
    Country: Austria

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostSilvaShado, on 05 April 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Anyone know when Kokoriko and Mini-Tauras are coming out?

Can't wait for the Heroica expansion!

Well... They're both available here in Austria (and I'm sure in Germany also).
They're also available via S@H here.

Anyone knows anything about the Heroica Ganrash mini expansion?
Is this something still to be released or promotional stuff (which probably will never be available to me except for eBay)?

Edited by Cerator, 05 April 2012 - 02:15 PM.


#132 Artanis I

Artanis I

  • Who's Friggin' Dan?


    Posts: 2389
    Joined: 28-May 10
    Member: 10965
    Country: Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostSilvaShado, on 05 April 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Anyone know when Kokoriko and Mini-Tauras are coming out?
They've been out here for about a month, along with City Alarm & Battle Of Hoth. My Mum told me she has bought them already, she is addicted to Lego board games at the moment! I'm still beating her, but only because of multiples for MOCs...

View PostCerator, on 05 April 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Anyone knows anything about the Heroica Ganrash mini expansion?
Is this something still to be released or promotional stuff (which probably will never be available to me except for eBay)?
I don't like the chances for most of us regarding that one unfortunately, but I could be wrong (hopefully).
Lego is not a dirty word

#133 SilvaShado

SilvaShado

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 13-June 11
    Member: 18422
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

*sigh* Looks like those three board games are not coming to the U.S. :sing: Makes me sad because I'm trying to collect all the board games. I really like them! Gonna have to start looking for the best prices, but shipping's gonna gauge me. :sad:

Check out my profile & blog entries at The Brick Blogger

Here are the MOCs that my husband and I built: Flickr and BrickShelf

My Husband's first novel, The Cleric, is published and available on
Amazon (both print & Kindle ebook)! It's a humoristic tale of moderate adventure with a dash of romance.


#134 xtremegoogler

xtremegoogler

    Posts: 124
    Joined: 16-December 11
    Member: 23214
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

I happened to be in my local toy shop yesterday and noticed that they did not have any of the new 2012 board games, so I asked about them. The owner said: "Yeah, well, the lego board games sell so poorly that we will not sell them anymore."
I live in Holland, so I can alway order them on the internet, but I alway thought they sold well, but maybe this is not the case, or maybe just not where I live.

#135 SilvaShado

SilvaShado

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 13-June 11
    Member: 18422
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postxtremegoogler, on 12 April 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I happened to be in my local toy shop yesterday and noticed that they did not have any of the new 2012 board games, so I asked about them. The owner said: "Yeah, well, the lego board games sell so poorly that we will not sell them anymore."
I live in Holland, so I can alway order them on the internet, but I alway thought they sold well, but maybe this is not the case, or maybe just not where I live.

I think it's hit or miss as to whether the board games are doing well. In certain places, they may not sell at all, maybe because of lack of advertising.

On another note, Kokoriko and Mini-Taurus will not be sold in the U.S., but they are listed on Amazon.com right now from the same seller. If you buy them together, shipping is combined. I got the two for $50 with shipping.

Check out my profile & blog entries at The Brick Blogger

Here are the MOCs that my husband and I built: Flickr and BrickShelf

My Husband's first novel, The Cleric, is published and available on
Amazon (both print & Kindle ebook)! It's a humoristic tale of moderate adventure with a dash of romance.


#136 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 7412
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Heroica Ilrion available on Toys 'R' Us website

Odd that we see it as available somewhere before we've seen high-resolution official images.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#137 Rufus

Rufus

  • Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!


    Posts: 5037
    Joined: 15-July 09
    Member: 6705
    Country: England

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'll update the first post some time tonight :thumbup:

#138 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

    Posts: 1781
    Joined: 16-February 09
    Member: 5310
    Country: Poland

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Sadly it looks like final stage, with boss and king :( But as I said- there are two new heroes!
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#139 Shawn

Shawn

    Posts: 82
    Joined: 18-March 10
    Member: 9964

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostSilvaShado, on 12 April 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

*sigh* Looks like those three board games are not coming to the U.S. :sing: Makes me sad because I'm trying to collect all the board games. I really like them! Gonna have to start looking for the best prices, but shipping's gonna gauge me. :sad:

I ordered some of them off of the french amazon site using google chrome trnslation. they shipped for about 10.00 to the us and the price was very reasonable.

#140 SilvaShado

SilvaShado

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 13-June 11
    Member: 18422
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostShawn, on 05 May 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I ordered some of them off of the french amazon site using google chrome trnslation. they shipped for about 10.00 to the us and the price was very reasonable.

I was actually able to get the three board games not released in the U.S. :laugh:

Amazon.com had a listing for Mini-Taurus and Kokoriko. I had some Amazon points and gift cards so I ended up paying $20 cash for both, not a bad deal.

As for the Star Wars Hoth game, a friend was able to get it for us using the UK Amazon discount. Shipping of course brought it back up so my total was about $47. A bit much, but better than it could have been otherwise.

I'm looking forward to Ilrion, though I hope it's not the end. There are other new locations on the map online, but it could be that these games are not doing as well as LEGO wanted so they're cancelling the other ones... I'm hoping not. I'm hoping they're just spreading them out so as not to inundate the market like their first few waves of games. Well, only time will tell.

Check out my profile & blog entries at The Brick Blogger

Here are the MOCs that my husband and I built: Flickr and BrickShelf

My Husband's first novel, The Cleric, is published and available on
Amazon (both print & Kindle ebook)! It's a humoristic tale of moderate adventure with a dash of romance.


#141 SpiderSpaceman

SpiderSpaceman

  • Got Balls?


    Posts: 967
    Joined: 17-July 09
    Member: 6727
    Country: USA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Ilrion bugs me a little bit. The spartan decoration doesn't really evoke the feel of what the scene is supposed to be as well as the other sets do. The figures are great. The vampire's lair is pretty great. But this is a catacombs converted to a sewer system, or something? Because "catacombs" does not equal "flooded" - that's only in Spielberg's Venice.

Are the pumps specifically trying to flush out the undead?  Because that's probably a good idea.  It also makes sense to have the vampire around with zombies rising out of the catacombs, I'm sure he's responsible anyway. and maybe we're trying to flush him out and can't get to him, which is why we're traveling down there anyway, and why his room is so starkly different from the rest of the board.

But that's a bit too much backstory for this little board game, right? The catacombs don't really have any visual cues to say "these are ancient burial tunnels." The secondary water color is a little too evocative of ice.

eh, whatever. Still getting it as soon as i see it  :tongue:

#142 andhe

andhe

    Posts: 310
    Joined: 29-July 11
    Member: 19348
    Country: UK

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostLordofdragonss, on 05 May 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Sadly it looks like final stage, with boss and king :( But as I said- there are two new heroes!

I hope not! The in-game map implied there was at least three more stages, unless they've decided to cut the plans short. Looks about the same price as Waldurk and Nathuz?

The Vampire, Zombies and new heroes are exciting additions. I wonder what the new powers will be? (as there doesn't appear to be any new weapons).

Edited by andhe, 08 May 2012 - 12:01 PM.


#143 asmodai

asmodai

    Posts: 12
    Joined: 30-July 10
    Member: 12318

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostSpiderSpaceman, on 07 May 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Ilrion bugs me a little bit. The spartan decoration doesn't really evoke the feel of what the scene is supposed to be as well as the other sets do. The figures are great. The vampire's lair is pretty great. But this is a catacombs converted to a sewer system, or something? Because "catacombs" does not equal "flooded" - that's only in Spielberg's Venice.

Are the pumps specifically trying to flush out the undead?  Because that's probably a good idea.  It also makes sense to have the vampire around with zombies rising out of the catacombs, I'm sure he's responsible anyway. and maybe we're trying to flush him out and can't get to him, which is why we're traveling down there anyway, and why his room is so starkly different from the rest of the board.

But that's a bit too much backstory for this little board game, right? The catacombs don't really have any visual cues to say "these are ancient burial tunnels." The secondary water color is a little too evocative of ice.

eh, whatever. Still getting it as soon as i see it  :tongue:

The pump must be to activate the bridge, no?
Next to the weapons there's the missing pieces to make a bridge (in front of the "jail")

#144 andhe

andhe

    Posts: 310
    Joined: 29-July 11
    Member: 19348
    Country: UK

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Seems like a number of people over on the Heroica Facebook Fan group have been able to pick up the new Ilrion set from TRU.
It links to the other sets via the front of Fortaan

ilrion set up.jpg

The new characters are a Sage (white) who can pick up one items up to 4 spaces away, and a prince (dark blue) who when he defeats a monster can move up to 2 spaces. The green potion is defensive and can be used to prevent any loss on your turn.

The zombies are strength 2, vampire bats are strength 1, the vampire lord is strength 3. The giant vampire bat is strength 4 and it has it’s own health bar. The 'coffins' are the barriers of the game, if you roll a Skull you lose 1 health and move back one as normal, but also vampire bat on top of the coffin.

The relic is the Fang of Fury which can be used as a melee skill. You defeat the monster and gain 1 health.

(Thank you to Ted on Facebook for the info).

Edited by andhe, 18 May 2012 - 10:28 AM.


#145 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

    Posts: 1781
    Joined: 16-February 09
    Member: 5310
    Country: Poland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Thank you for this information! But I can't find Heroica facebook page, could you send me a link?

The Ilrion  set... I can't wait to get it! The sage and Prince have pretty nice powers!

Edited by Lordofdragonss, 18 May 2012 - 10:22 AM.

High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#146 krystalKING

krystalKING

    Posts: 507
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10294

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

I'll be picking up Ilrion tomorrow, and I willing to to take pictures. (WARNING: pictures will not be of very good quality.) the sage and princes powers sound like overkill, don't you need to roll shield? I'm going to be changing it so it costs one HP to use their powers. other than that, a boss with a health bar, an interesting relic, and a king that does absolutely nothing at all, this is a great game.
PS: didn't Lego say that this was our year for Heroica sets?
Proud owner of Legomotion studios, currently on hiatus.
Novel: SURVIVAL Status: Complete, for Sale. http://www.amazon.co...ords=e a parker
English version.

My brickshelf what photos and reviews krystalKING has done
My buying thread:Heroica parts needed!

#147 andhe

andhe

    Posts: 310
    Joined: 29-July 11
    Member: 19348
    Country: UK

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostkrystalKING, on 29 May 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

I'll be picking up Ilrion tomorrow, and I willing to to take pictures. (WARNING: pictures will not be of very good quality.) the sage and princes powers sound like overkill, don't you need to roll shield? I'm going to be changing it so it costs one HP to use their powers. other than that, a boss with a health bar, an interesting relic, and a king that does absolutely nothing at all, this is a great game.

Yes you still need to roll a shield to use the special ability. I don't have Ilrion but am guessing that my 'magic bar' rule should still work (each hero starts with 4 'magic' similar to health. On rolling a shield you can either use your magic or regenerate it. Each magic point either counts as a hit point (where enemies have health to the value of their strength) or life point in the case of the druid/staff).

View PostkrystalKING, on 29 May 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

PS: didn't Lego say that this was our year for Heroica sets?

I'd forgotten they had said that! I hope they have plans for something big, as one new set hardly counts as 'our year'... Maybe some grand finale set? With all heroes, new monsters and a final big boss.

#148 krystalKING

krystalKING

    Posts: 507
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10294

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postandhe, on 30 May 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

I'd forgotten they had said that! I hope they have plans for something big, as one new set hardly counts as 'our year'... Maybe some grand finale set? With all heroes, new monsters and a final big boss.
Maybe, If thats what we want, Maybe we could see The Rift as a possible set. It's mentioned vaguely in the goblin kings and werewolves profiles, I'm envisioning a dark place full of lightning and swarming with monsters, as a 50-dollar mega-set it would work quite well.
Proud owner of Legomotion studios, currently on hiatus.
Novel: SURVIVAL Status: Complete, for Sale. http://www.amazon.co...ords=e a parker
English version.

My brickshelf what photos and reviews krystalKING has done
My buying thread:Heroica parts needed!

#149 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

    Posts: 2791
    Joined: 18-December 11
    Member: 23274
    Country: USA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

The new Mayan Mystica game might not be released.

-Sci

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image


#150 johnnyvgoode

johnnyvgoode

    Posts: 1153
    Joined: 07-August 11
    Member: 19563
    Country: Costa Rica

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostCM4S, on 30 May 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:


Cancelled for the Mayan apocalypse?  :wacko:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users