Oky

Disney 2012 Discussion Thread

The new Cars sets were at both my Target and TRU today. I didn't pick them up, since TRU had the new Star Wars stuff. :wub:

Lucky. :hmpf_bad: My Meijer had everything but SW. I did end up picking up a Finn McMissile, though, so that is an upside.

OH my God imagine a whole Disney line! Beautiful castles and minifigures :cry_happy: Let's hope for these to be turned into system! :thumbup: just as cars!

What does this have to do with LEGO Disney 2012? I can't see any connection. There is a Culture & Multimedia forum for discussing TV shows.

I don't think that this news was fake. It was listed on an actual toy website that listed a lot of other things we know about as well. I'm not surprised by no pictures yet either. We haven't even seen pictures of the Marvel sets that are only two months away!

Phineas and Ferb is owned by Disney so discussion of LEGO sets based on the show fit here. But I do apologize for going off and talking about the show directly. I know that should be discussed in the TV forum.

I bought the new 2012 Cars 2 "impulse" sets yesterday and already own classic mater,lightning and Grem. Lego in my opinion are now making better toy cars than the traditional companies do now. Each one of these very simple builds are great quality, brilliant prints, no stickers. It will be a shame when Lego stop making the theme, excellent sets. I have none of the biggers sets so can't comment how good the theme is as a whole

Was this even announced?

well it was propably announced at this show

I too would have liked to see a return to the System Mickey sets, but oh well. Let's keep hoping that TLG will come to their senses and release some regular classic Disney sets.

I too would have liked to see a return to the System Mickey sets, but oh well. Let's keep hoping that TLG will come to their senses and release some regular classic Disney sets.

Yes please. I hope the Disney themed models that they placed in the Anaheim LEGO store is a good signal.

Was anything else announced at the show?

From what I can tell, no. They did have some nice displays of various 2012 themes. :classic:

Oh, and back on topic, I would rather have LEGO make general Disney CMF series. Like the first one could have characters from Mikey Mouse, some Disney Princess movies, and even Pixar figures (I would kill for a new Buzz expression :laugh: ).

It would be great to see sets based on classic Disney animation. I'd buy an Aladdin set in a heartbeat.

If they started going System with Disney, based on the classic movies, I could imagine all of the castle builders getting very happy. That being said, the current LOTR licensing might put a hod on that for a while, as the subject matter would conflict a bit.

What was a notable omission from the information is Pirates of the Caribbean. It’s entirely possible there will be more, but at this stage I would say that the odds are against it

I really hope there will be more Pirates next month/year : I was very disapointed by n°4184 The Black Pearl, too childish in comparison to n°4195 The Queen Anne's Revenge (and every amazing ships present in the video game...). But I don't want of Duplo P.O.T.C., definitely too childish !

Funny that this Mickey Mouse set is numbered like a Direct to Consumer set... that's certainly not usual for Duplo. I wonder if it signifies anything, or if this will be (at least in Japan) a standard set release?

Downtown Disney, FL has some pretty neat examples of what the Classic Disney figs could look like:

LegoSnowWhite.png

LegoAladdin.png

LegoBellw.png

-Sci

Downtown Disney, FL has some pretty neat examples of what the Classic Disney figs could look like:

*shak*

I got very excited when I saw those a few days ago and thought it could be a possible line for next year, but it is already going to be full of licensed stuff isn't it? :cry_sad:

Why haven't they come up with a Disney classics line already? It's like, an essential theme among toys..

Edited by Otherworld

I got very excited when I saw those a few days ago and thought it could be a possible line for next year, but it is already going to be full of licensed stuff isn't it? :cry_sad:

Why haven't they come up with a Disney classics line already? It's like, an essential theme among toys..

Well lego has the princess stuff for duplo, so I guess they saw mroe of an audience in the younger kids.

But if I rmemeber right cars was duplo first then system(?) later.

If LEGO wants to make proper lego sets for the classic disney movies nothings stopping them.

I would really like for the Disney/lego relationship do well so they will keep the lisence.

I dont know much about "the lone ranger" but perhaps this could be Legos return to western. I would like to see less generic western sets than I imagine them do without a lience. (CMF bandit)

Am I the only one to notice a distinct lack of Brave sets??? It would have been an easy theme, as its all the pieces can be reused from Fantasy and Action lines. They already have molds for bows, swords, and fantasy themed outfits. Heck, even a FRIENDS set would have been neat! :wub: