Stefan

Member: 3685

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

flickr   |   Brickshelf

Hello,

I'm a big fan of The Chemical Brothers and so I came up with the idea of building a MOC of their live stage.
One of their visual effects at concerts is a huge LED screen, and I built it using transparent red and blue bricks lit from behind.

Here's a video of their performance of the song "Do It Again":

With best regards,
Stefan

Edited by Rufus, 12 August 2011 - 05:35 PM.
Indexed

Posted Image

#2 sputnik16

sputnik16

Member: 18596

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Nice creation :thumbup:
I have never heard of the chemical brothers, though   :sad:

Edited by sputnik16, 10 August 2011 - 08:53 PM.

hi...

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

Excellent stage creation 'Stefan', so pump up the volume and turn up the bass ! :grin:
Brick On Dance On 'Stefan' ! :grin:

#4 dr_spock

dr_spock

• Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes

Member: 8775

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

Nice techno MOC.

#5 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

Brilliant idea. Looks stunning! Well done.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#6 Rufus

Rufus

• Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

This probably ought to be in Special Themes, where we have an index for music-related stuff.  Moving....

#7 drdavewatford

drdavewatford

• Give him LEGO

Member: 5149

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

Superb - love it !

Also kudos for attempting something a bit different to the usual procession of modular buildings....some top creativity there.

And as for sputnik16 who's never heard of the Chemical Brothers, I assume that's because you are true to your username and have spent the last 50 years in space....

:-)
Some reviews on Gimme LEGO:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Love LEGO ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com

#8 Yatkuu

Yatkuu

• Valiant effort

Member: 9984

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, another music related MOC. Keep them coming, we are going to start a new sub-theme!
The build is awesome and the concert looks cool too, you already saw them live?
Just one question, have you considered using a flashlight or another type of focused lighting source to light the front of the stage?
The red/blue lighting effects are really great but it's a shame that the front of the stage is so dark as we can hardly see the (very nice) details.

View Postdrdavewatford, on 11 August 2011 - 09:52 AM, said:

And as for sputnik16 who's never heard of the Chemical Brothers, I assume that's because you are true to your username and have spent the last 50 years in space....

:laugh:

#9 kciR

kciR

Member: 8981

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

Nice build, I really like this stage! The amount of details in the gear is great!
The 'guys' in the back remind me of Chemical Brothers performance on Glastonbury 2011, which I saw on BBC. The visuals were crazy. You might check that on YouTube if you didn't saw it already.

#10 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

That's awesome, I've seen that video, or at least I think I have.

I like the lighting work. I recently stocked up on some clear and trans pieces, maybe I can go techno one day.

#11 Stefan

Stefan

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

Thank you all!

@ sputnik16: They're one of the big and most influental bands when it comes to electronic music. You most likely heard at least the song Galvanize ()

@ Yatkuu: By front of the stage, do you mean the stage with the music equipment? I wanted it to be dark, since the stage is dark. That's why I included the additional pic. If you mean the very front of the picture, there are just some minifigs as an audience.

@ kciR: I've seen some videos of their songs at Glastonbury, but not Do It Again. I thought it wasn't included in the BBC coverage?

Edited by Stefan, 12 August 2011 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Yatkuu

Yatkuu

• Valiant effort

Member: 9984

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

View PostStefan, on 11 August 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

@ Yatkuu: By front of the stage, do you mean the stage with the music equipment? I wanted it to be dark, since the stage is dark. That's why I included the additional pic. If you mean the very front of the picture, there are just some minifigs as an audience.
I meant the part with the music equipment, I understand that you want to be true to the original (and you totally are) but I just thought that focusing a light on that part would not spoil the red/blue effect and reveal a bit more of your creation.

#13 kciR

kciR

Member: 8981

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

View PostStefan, on 11 August 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

@ kciR: I've seen some videos of their songs at Glastonbury, but not Do It Again. I thought it wasn't included in the BBC coverage?
Sorry, you're right. I messed up with Hey Boy, Hey Girl, which also uses visuals of people dancing.
I did found a Do It Again video of Glastonbury '07. This is the video, but you probably have seen it to make this MOC, thumps up :thumbup:

Spoiler
Sorry for this offtopic talk  :blush:

#14 Stefan

Stefan

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostYatkuu, on 12 August 2011 - 07:55 AM, said:

I meant the part with the music equipment, I understand that you want to be true to the original (and you totally are) but I just thought that focusing a light on that part would not spoil the red/blue effect and reveal a bit more of your creation.
I took more than 50 photos with different ambient light brightness and exposure settings of the camera until I was happy with the picture.
It might have worked with a dimmable spot directed at the stage, but I had none at home.

View PostkciR, on 12 August 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

Sorry, you're right. I messed up with Hey Boy, Hey Girl, which also uses visuals of people dancing.
I did found a Do It Again video of Glastonbury '07. This is the video, but you probably have seen it to make this MOC, thumps up :thumbup:

Spoiler
Sorry for this offtopic talk  :blush:
Of course, the Hey Boy, Hey Girl visuals are also nice  :classic:
In the flickr page about my MOC, I included a link to another video of a Do It Again performance:

Edited by Stefan, 12 August 2011 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Rufus

Rufus

• Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

I've edited your post to fix the picture size, which was in breach of site guidelines.  

This is quite a feat - the lighting of the figures is impressive, and the detail of the instruments is amazing :wub:  Nicely done!  And it's now in the Index.

#16 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

Awesome stage MOC 'Stefan'. I really like the lighting effect and great job on all the details on the stage and equipment. Keep up the great work Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#17 Stefan

Stefan

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Thank you!

@ Rufus: Thanks for adding it to the index!
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users