Sign in to follow this  
Ingrimm

MOC: Small Trade Road

indexed.gif

Hello EB Members!

I wanted to build something that is more than meets the eye in the first place.

It is my biggest MOC till now, its on a 40x40 baseplate.

Small Trade Road

This small road connects the surrounding villages. For decades it is forgotten what lies underneath.

6028178003_045fa78dc4_z.jpg

Under the small trade road lies a long forgotten dwarven cave system.

A long time ago, the dwarfs were massacred by an army of orcs and all their treasure was stolen.

6028178885_bf978a6d57_z.jpg

I hope you like it! :classic:

More pictures in the album at Flickr.

Edited by TazManiac
Indexed

Lovely!

Like the cavesystem, with dark and light gray, it really looks like the dwarfs have been working down there (a long time ago!)

The wagon is my favourite! The barrel on top is also really nice!

AWESOME creation 'Ingrimm'.....top side - fantastic greenery and great wagon.....underside, a huge :thumbup: - just waiting for the day Time Team comes to dig them up ! :grin:

Great work. Reminds me of the Mines of Moria.

I like the landscaping and all the arches and tunnel mouths in the cave, there's a really nice feeling of an old mine. Is that pack a custom piece?

This is really good, thanks for showing us all

p.s love the wooden staircase, look really old

I like the landscaping and all the arches and tunnel mouths in the cave, there's a really nice feeling of an old mine. Is that pack a custom piece?

Thank you!

The backpack is from the Police Minifigure Collection and is filled with cherries.

Nice story, and well executed, too. I love how the stone arches supporting the road blend into the rock formations.

I just see Moria from "Lord of the rings"... Great creation and nice story to it... Nice job !!!

Edited by Hartfan

I saw this the other day and thought about leaving a comment.

I really like this scene. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a cutaway showing the caves below or if the earth has given way to reveal the long-since deceased dwarf miners. In either case the scene is quite well done. I quite like the way you have the rail car in the background. I also like that you've managed to blend the light-grey elements with the dark grey ones by casting them in shadow.

Good work!

This is great, the different levels are great and the different variations of grey create a "this was dug out" effect which I love. Overall a great build.

You can get it in the POTC cannibal escape set and the little city set that has two cops, two robbers and a dog with an atv. I can't think if it comes with anything else out right now.

Thank you all for your nice comments! :blush:

I made the top-plate with the road and the tree easily removeable, so the cave with the mining cart, a few smaller caves and some kind of corridor is accessible.

My plan was to show pictures of these internal areas too, but I ran out of grey bricks, so it looks very unfinished in there.