Sign in to follow this  
teabox

A guarded inn on the outskirt of the Green dragon's realm.

indexed.gif

A MOC inspired by the 6067 and 7947 set. The former is why the building is mostly black with some parts in dark bluish gray or reddish brown. I wanted to include something in the dark green color as well, but couldn't think of anything that would fit in that color. The house got to be yellow to brighten up the building a little.

6025358753_f12f667e0f_z.jpg

More pictures on Flickr

Edited by TazManiac

That looks nice! :thumbup: How about deeplinking some more pictures with some of the details? :wink:

Alright :classic:

6025360927_1eb8db9206_z.jpg

The yard with a peasant is fixing his cart.

6025913798_4736c2f620_z.jpg

Close up on the backside of the tower.

6025361425_db0e6d151a_z.jpg

The backside of the house.

6025915968_b58b91b868_z.jpg

A wandering knight and his esquire.

6025915474_e738fae3eb_z.jpg

A family of wolf-people (was added to show some of the dangers that lurks around the Inn (and because I thought they would look cute)).

I'm glad you used yellow instead of green. The way you made some of those windows with the fence peice is very nice. One thing I think you could do better is change that brown balcony. This is a very good moc, overall. I like that you used the classic torch style, too. :thumbup:

I love the splash of yellow, it really make the structure look interesting,

p.s love the well. :thumbup:

I like the overall structure of the building. The yellow does make it pop for sure.

I may have to try my hand at making one of these sometime soon. Great job on the use of sideways log bricks, at first I thought that you had just use brown plates. I think my favourite part is the travelling knight and his esquire and their coconuts (Coconuts?! Where'd you get coconuts?) :laugh:

~Bayonet

Good job! I especially like the use of the log bricks on the tower (took me a while to figure that out). I also feel that the building is consistent as a structure. Lastly I like the use of the yellow bricks, which adds a little spice to the traditional dragon knight colour scheme. Excellent work!

I'm loving it. The color scheme would bother me, except the fact that you kept the brown wood through the inn and the defenses, so the black and yellow have something connecting them. With that, the colors mesh well, and the whole build is very nice. A pattern on the floor, or something to liven it up might work, and perhaps a little more work on the landscape, the higher rock gives way too quickly next to the inn towards the river, and then on the other side as it slopes down to where the wolf family is. I love the windows, and the wood elements for both bits are so cool, they really look functional and really honestly tie together the MOC so well. Well done!

A really striking build. I like how the use of yellow helps lift the inn from its surrounds and the surrounding landscape is nice. The use of the log bricks for window frames gives a really nice facet to the walls too.

The tiled look is very nice. The Dragon faction really needs a true official building such as this. Good job :)

Wow, lovely MOC teabox! The repeating patterns of brown and greyscale on the wall and tower is both simple and effective, and the yellow house really draws the eye. I like the contrast between the tiled surfaces inside the castle and the studded landscaping outside as well. :thumbup: Yr little wolf family are cute too!

I have to say too - yr main photo of the entire MOC is a most pleasing composition. I'm also especially fond of the courtyard shot of the peasant fixing his cart - well worth partially dismantling that wall for, i'd say. :classic::thumbup:

Edited by gabe