Welcome to Baritones 3. Thanks to everyone for agreeing to play this game. I hope we all have a lot of fun. Role PMs have been sent out. Please use the avatar in your role PM as your PM or post it in your sig for the duration of the game. Posting your character name in your sig will help too. Please post your willingness to perform your role in this thread. Once everyone has confirmed, Day One can begin.
Ivan had lived in Moonlight for a very long time. He had loved and lost here and he was determined to keep the city thriving. He had lost his wife, his sister-in-law and many friends over the years, but that wouldn't stop him from living the American dream right here in Moonlight. The town, for some reason, was a draw for gangsters and mafia families. The Baritones crime syndicate had terrorized the town for years until Ivan almost single-handedly stopped them.
In September of 2008, Ivan and a small group of friends had stopped The Baritones from bulldozing the town and replacing it with casinos and strip clubs. They lost many innocent citizens of Moonlight along the way, including Ivan's beautiful wife, Florence. He would never love again...
Shortly thereafter, in January of 2009, Iris Baritone returned and rallied the family into a hostile takeover of the town. Ivan went undercover and single-handedly murdered every last Baritone. Well, there was some help along the way, but since he's the only survivor, he tells it however he wants.
Unfortunately for Moonlight, two well-televised and infamous Mafia wars made people wary of moving there. A few people returned in 2009, but it wasn't until Ivan started contacting family and friends back home in Mother Russia, that the town began to flourish again. With the promise of a prosperous community where they could pursue the American dream, Ivan's relatives and other relations came and re-populated the town.
Two years after finding a way to make Moonlight a successful city again, Ivan was meeting at his own deli with his old friend, Agent Sky. Agent Sky had first come to Moonlight in 2008 on the trail of a deadly serial arsonist. Agent Sky had fallen in love with Ivan's sister-in-law, Darlene (who consequently went to jail soon after they were married for murdering a garbage man named Pete. She also murdered the arsonist Sky had been chasing, but they sent her to jail anyway...) who was murdered by Iris Baritone after the two escaped from prison.
"Ivan, old friend," Agent Sky said, "It's been a very long time since those awful incidents took our loved ones from us."
"The words you speak are truth," Ivan agreed, "Such a very, very long time, indeed."
"Ivan, there's trouble." Agent Sky warned.
"Oh?" Ivan asked, "What is this troubles?"
"Well," Agent Sky wasn't sure how to word it, "In your great efforts to bring a thriving population to this town, some riff-raff snuck in."
"What this does mean, snuck?" Ivan asked, "I do not know this word. And what riff-raff? My family? My family are riff-raff?"
"Calm down Ivan," Agent Sky told him, "It's not your family, I'm sure. But, for whatever reason, we're tracking a huge Russian Mafia cell right here in Moonlight. They're very corrupt, very dangerous."
"Your words, they are cutting me like as a knife," Ivan cried, "What you say is not possible. They are a good life living here, honest people. I know them. This is impossible what you say."
"Ivan," Agent Sky said calmly, "The danger is very real, and it's growing all the time. The Russian Mafia has been recruiting citizens here at an alarming rate. The crime rate is very high and citizens, once again, are leaving this town. It's all around you. You must see it! And they're getting harder to track, Ivan. Our agents have lost track of some of the goons they were following. One has become almost completely undetect..."
"Enough! You must leave now," Ivan said, "You are coming back later. You are my friend, but I cannot listen to this right now."
"It's very important," Agent Sky said calmly as he stood, "It's extremely possible that there's more than..."
"Enough! I said this time and I have said before. I do not have to saying it again!" Ivan cried, "Please leave."
Ivan shook his head as Agent Sky left the deli. He knew what his friend was saying was true, but it was so hard to hear. How could this all be happening again after all the work he had done to clean this town up?
Ivan's thoughts were interrupted by the squealing of tires, followed by an awful sound.
Ivan rushed outside to find his dear friend dead on the sidewalk. Clearly the target of the attack, Agent Sky lay facedown in a pool of blood. Some bystanders had been caught in the crossfire, but one of them was just a fucking mime, so...whatever.
Ivan's friends Steve and The Cross-Dressing Construction Man, who owned the Brazilian Steakhouse next door, came rushing out to see what had happened. The three friends wept over the loss of Agent Sky.
"It is true what he had said," Ivan cried, "It is the Mafia is doing. We must stop this. We have done it before. The three of us can doing it again."
The three friends held hands. They knew what they had to do. It wasn't going to be easy and they would probably lose more friends and family members, but the mafia would not win this one. No way in hell.
The mime was pantomiming that he needed help, but nobody cared and he eventually bled to death.
Shortly thereafter, all the collectible minifigures left town in their carriages, convertibles, campers and recycling trucks, because that's what I could find quickly in order to get this thread up and the game moving!
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player)
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
- If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
- Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.
Barbara, a yoga instructor, married to Boris, played by Bob The Construction Man
Benji, a businessman, married to Irene, played by Big Cam
Boris, a pawn shop owner, married to Barbara, played by Brickdoctor
Catya, a college student, engaged to yan, played by The Crazy One
Denis, a construction worker, played by def
Dmitri, a highway patrol officer, married to Raya, played by Dragonator
Donil, a police officer, brother of Nika and Timur, played by Waterbrick Down
Elena, a college professor, played by Inconspicuous
Eugene, a manager of The Green Door Tavern, played by Eskallon
Falicia, a delivery woman, married to Patrick, played by Fugazi
Irene, an artist, married to Benji, played by iamded
Max, a lawyer, played by Masked Builder
Nika, a firefighter, sister of Donil and Timur, played by CorneliusMurdock
Patrick, a firefighter, married to Falicia, played by Pandora
Petr, a construction worker, played by Zepher
Petra, a nurse, played by Peanuts
Polina, a Moonlight Transit Authority (MTA) employee, played by CallMePieOrDie
Raya, a real estate agent, married to Dmitri, played by Rick
Ruslana, the chief of Police, played by Quarryman
Ruxana, a pilot, played by Roncanator
Samuel, retired mechanic, married to Sarah, played by Sandy
Sarah, retired piano teacher, married to Samuel, played by Sirius Black
Stanislav, brewery manager, played by Shadows
Timur, a firefighter, brother of Donil and Nika, played by Captain Tamamono
Vera, a highway patrol officer, played by KartoffelViking
Wilem, a Moonlight Transist Authority (MTA) employee, played by White Fang
Yan, a college student, played by Jim Butcher
Yuri, a personal trainer, played by badboytje88
Ivan, deli owner, widower of Florence
Agent Sky, an FBI agent, widower of Darlene
Steve, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to The Cross-Dressing Construction Man
The Cross-Dressing Construction Man, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to Steve