Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

In my opinion city need to lay off the police.

It really isnt an appealing place to visit with all this crime.

Let's remind ourselves that CITY is primarily developed for children ages 6 - 12, who tend to prefer action based themes, such as fire and police, than civilian sets.

A lot of kids hero worship their parents and having more trades represented would be good for City. Mundane or not. As a child, to be able to role play your parents is important. stuff Like Doctors and teachers and shopkeepers, glaziers and plumbers and electricians. Heck a car production plant would make an excellent boys set.

Emergency services might be the bread and butter but there needs to be a good filling in between.

A lot of kids hero worship their parents and having more trades represented would be good for City. Mundane or not. As a child, to be able to role play your parents is important. stuff Like Doctors and teachers and shopkeepers, glaziers and plumbers and electricians. Heck a car production plant would make an excellent boys set.

Emergency services might be the bread and butter but there needs to be a good filling in between.

But the difference is that kids at that age, at least in the U.S, all tend to learn what the jobs of emergency personnel consist of (with the possible exception of EMTs, since medical stuff is a lot more complicated to understand at that age). Whereas a kid whose parents aren't teachers, shopkeepers, and factory workers might not know much about what makes those jobs interesting-- many would probably find them boring.

I agree a little diversity might be great, and to an extent with the vehicle sets next year we get some of that diversity. In the past few years there has also been a decent amount of variety in buildings. But it's not totally clear whether some of those more mundane jobs could sell well enough to support an entire subtheme, let alone a set within a high price range.

Oh, yeah....a telelift truck ! :excited:

Flat bed, sheer beauty and another female minifig....must buy for any city....well, we must recycle ! :wink:

Now on the other hand, the fire transporter.....WFT ?! :facepalm:

It's dorky, the prime mover is ugly and that fire rescue boat thing....if it was in camo would be COOL, as some fire thingy NO. :innocent:

I will pinch some of trailer design ideas for my own, perhaps the control room too (smaller one on the back of a council truck...lunch room :wink:).

I don't know whether this website has been shared before.

It contains lots of 2012 sets box and detail images (although with blurred watermark)

Including new set 4206 Recycling Truck, 4430 Fire Transporter.

http://www.spielware...e/lego/city-ap/

Nice, thanks Whung!

The new recycle truck is awesome! Nothing like the last one, I love the little recycle area in the back. The new lifter is nice and another wheelbarrow!

on the ambulance the EMTs have new torsos!! :wub: The bike is just standard green and not dark green like speculated.

Camper set looks great, another new torso!

overall great job by TLG on all the vehicles and including more female figs :thumbup:

In my opinion city need to lay off the police

I somewhat agree, I like the direction LEGO has gone with the new police sets, but I wish they had labeled them "Forest Rangers". Anyway, I will be eagerly awaiting their releases and will be buying the majority of these new sets!

And its pretty cool to see LEGO has created an amphibious vehicle, not really sure it fits in with the FIRE theme, but at least they're thinking of new concepts.

Edited by stacker9000

Goodness, a new female torso and hair piece (I think) in the car and caravan set. :thumbup:

Heart monitor screen in the ambulance. :thumbup:

New panel parts to brick-build the tipper tray. :thumbup:

Oh, 2012 is going to be a good year. :wink:

Quick edit - the cool pick up in 4437 would have made an AWESOME fire truck. :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Definetly a few sets there i want now, aslong as they arnt rediculously hard to find in adelaide like usual

Definetly a few sets there i want now, aslong as they arnt rediculously hard to find in adelaide like usual

I have no trouble. :wink:

Spell check must be broken ! :laugh:

Sorry, back-on topic......in 4209 doesn't the jeep look too low profile.....excellent front end but in the middle a bit lean....plus doors on an open top jeep....better just cut away section instead like one of these.....

ArcolaCJ7Jeep9.JPG

Is that LEGO's interpretation of a duck (DUKW)? What amazes me even more is that a google search for 'fire dukw' actually turns up several hits - so these were real! I love it.

I don't know whether this website has been shared before.

It contains lots of 2012 sets box and detail images (although with blurred watermark)

Including new set 4206 Recycling Truck, 4430 Fire Transporter.

http://www.spielwaren-hegmann.de/lego/city-ap/

Cheers this is a great link with plenty of great pics. Impressed with the new offerings

Aaron

Ah, now that fire fighting duck makes sense seeing a real one......but I still do not like the front end on the prime mover. :wink:

Thanks for the image 'EM4CZ', I can't wait to see you take the Lego model and change it into the one in the photo. :grin:

The smaller recycling truck set and the Ambulance have the same grille decoration with "CITY" logo! That might mean it's printed!

Still disappointed that the word "Ambulance" on the ambulance set isn't mirrored (here in the US at least that's the norm so you can tell what it is in your rear view mirror if it's coming up behind you), and that the smaller recycling truck set has no recyclables. Perhaps it's just designed to be a regular garbage truck, and in that case the banana, fish, and 1x1 doggy doo-doo (just guessing here) might make sense, but in that case there's no reason the vehicle should have recycling symbols on it.

But otherwise, I'm very impressed with these sets. Incidentally, did anyone save the pictures? The site that had them now seems to be down, unfortunately.

I like these new sets. I'll probably try to get most of them, at least the vehicles - apart from the truck with the ugly amphibious monster.

Still disappointed that the word "Ambulance" on the ambulance set isn't mirrored (here in the US at least that's the norm so you can tell what it is in your rear view mirror if it's coming up behind you)...

I've always found that a bit amusing. As if the wailing sirens and flashing blue lights weren't enough. I'd love to see somebody go "Arrgh, what's that noise and those annoying lights? Well, it doesn't say ECNALUBMA on it, so it's definitely no ambulance. Good, I don't need to move out of the way, then."

The smaller recycling truck set and the Ambulance have the same grille decoration with "CITY" logo! That might mean it's printed!

Still disappointed that the word "Ambulance" on the ambulance set isn't mirrored (here in the US at least that's the norm so you can tell what it is in your rear view mirror if it's coming up behind you), and that the smaller recycling truck set has no recyclables. Perhaps it's just designed to be a regular garbage truck, and in that case the banana, fish, and 1x1 doggy doo-doo (just guessing here) might make sense, but in that case there's no reason the vehicle should have recycling symbols on it.

But otherwise, I'm very impressed with these sets. Incidentally, did anyone save the pictures? The site that had them now seems to be down, unfortunately.

I think they are stickers and yes, I saved some of the photo's - I hope computer just crashed five minutes ago ! :blush:

That bandit hideout set really is the all star of the new police lineup. An awesome looking mountain cabin that comes with the new bear is really nice. The blue pickup that comes with it will be easy to MOD into a non-police vehicle and it comes with 2 of the new officers. I really hope that new torso does NOT have "police" printed on the back like the newer medium blue police torso. Kind of hard to MOD them into Forest Rangers if the have "police" on the back of their shirt. I think that looks ridiculous on the medium blue shirts too. Sure police often have coats/jackets that say "police" on them but not on their actual shirts. :wacko:

I've always found that a bit amusing. As if the wailing sirens and flashing blue lights weren't enough. I'd love to see somebody go "Arrgh, what's that noise and those annoying lights? Well, it doesn't say ECNALUBMA on it, so it's definitely no ambulance. Good, I don't need to move out of the way, then."

I have always found that quite amusing too. The only time it would matter that "ecnalubmA" shows up in you mirror as "Ambulance" they would have the lights and sirens on anyway. Fun fact: In the US (at least my home state of Pennsylvania anyway) only red lights are used on Ambulances and Fire Trucks. Police use both red and blue lights. Blue lights by themselves are only used for warning vehicles (usually the guys directing traffic around an accident and/or fire scene) and do not even confer right-of-way to a vehicle.

The ambulance is generic, the colours are US inspired but the light-bars are EU inspired.....here in Oz police, fire and ambulance services use red and blue light-bars. :wink:

Yeah... I also haven't been able to get on that German website yet. Can anyone else share them, since they don't seem to be confidential?

Can anyone see if the bandit's cabin has any bandit-related gimmicks, or do you think it could function as a generic cabin?

I found the pics on http://en.bricker.ru, click on 2012.

The recycling center is great, good to see that TLG is continuing to encourage kids to save the planet (following on from things like the solar panels on various sets, the wind turbine transport and the recycling bins in various sets)

Hopefully if its a store exclusive, it comes to TRU or Target or MYER here because all 3 seem to have fairly regular sales :)

Not so interested in most of the fire stuff, I already have lots of fire sets and firemen.

Loving the caravan, new female torso, another green jumper torso, new (or new color) female hair, more trans-light-blue on the caravan and a new roof piece on the car. Pitty the bike is red though, I wish it had been another color, how many red bikes do you see in real life?

The police Chinook is interesting but not interesting enough to make me buy.

Liking the bandits hideout, good way to get bears.

The dark-red pickup truck is cool, gives me many of the parts I would need to build some sort of dark-red vehicle of my own. And is that a new torso on the bad guy?

The cop car with the cattle grid is great, good way to stock up on the new cops.

I just LOVE that ambulance with the green bike, traffic light, green garbage can and new EMT torsos. And its good to see the bike rider wearing a helmet (although maybe he wasnt wearing it and that's why the ambulance showed up :)

The dirt bike transport isn't that good, the only good things are the black wheel arches and the light grey roof piece. Anyone see what color those baseball caps are?

As for the garbage truck, it could be that they are collecting the dead fish, banana peel and other rubbish to take it somewhere to be composted as green waste. After all, that's how you "recycle" organic rubbish.

Good set though, can anyone see what part is being used for the walls of the garbage truck? Looks new to me.

The tipper truck has new parts for the tipper bed, a black baseball cap and the new wheelbarrow. And orange car doors. Pitty the light bars are 1 x 2 and not 1 x 1, I need the 1 x 1 tile in trans-orange :)

That police dog squad is a MUST BUY, its better than the last one, blue car doors, blue windscreen, gold mine sticker, more dark red, new wheel arches in dark grey, 2 dogs and another appearance of the now ubiquitous handcuff piece (one of the best pieces TLG has made in recent years IMO)

The police station is good, 3 cops, 2 criminals (both with new-for-2012 torsos), a neat-looking truck, a neat-looking helicopter, the new brick-detailing 1 x 2, the bear and what looks like one of the HP mushrooms.

Can anyone see what part is clipped into the clip inside the police station (near the ladder)?

Hot rod in dog unit set is a WINNER! The camper set, coupe looks a little unfinished. The front of the car. I will MOD it if I buy it. The tipper truck's tipper basket walls looks like a new piece, like the usual panels but a smaller version. Front cab of the garbage truck looks similar to this year's 4643. Also the recycle truck's front grille is a stiffer or a print :wub: That looks like the ambulance's and the forest police HQ's police van grille. I'm giving this year a 7/10 so far, with 2010 at 7.5/10 because of 8404 and 2008 and 2007 at 8.5/10 and 2009 at 9/10 for the farm and CITY CORNER! If the next wave is great with a hospital not like crappy 7892 I'll jack the rating up. :thumbup:

Edited by President of Brick Town