2012 City sets

• Please log in to reply
1419 replies to this topic

#1351 marvinblue

marvinblue

Member: 1717

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

If this new police fig comes into mainstream production, I'd definately buy a few.
"Where's the Ka-Boom?! There's supposed to be an Earth shattering Ka-Boom!"
"If I were you, I wouldn't dig into the past. I lived in some of that past, and I got out for a reason." - Homer J Simpson
"My blessing always available, but no guarantee!" - Dalai Lama

My Brickshelf Gallery

My BrickSet Collection

My "Would-like-to-have-list"!!

Aussie Lego Forum      Come check out where the Aussies hang out!!

#1352 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

That Police chief Jeep would be a great set. Now we can only hope. Most of the car designs in the game are quite interesting and would be great for City. Meanwhile, I'll try and build them myself.

Edited by The Blue Brick, 22 June 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#1353 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

The Hospital is available for shipping on Walmart.com in the US. I was so close to buying it, but I'll just wait 'til Christmas. :blush:

#1354 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

View Postjust2good, on 07 July 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

The Hospital is available for shipping on Walmart.com in the US. I was so close to buying it, but I'll just wait 'til Christmas. :blush:
It says 'Only at Walmart', just like only at BigW in here in Oz......they share more than management training....now Lego exclusives ! :wink:

#1355 Canticleer blues

Canticleer blues

Member: 2590

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

@Aanchir: That car is pretty sweet, but the useage of this piece (which was phased out two years ago in favor of parts like this) leads me to believe that it's a model designed just for the game.  With any luck though the car'll be easy to access in-game and we'll have a shot at replicating the design.
Wanderer of the cosmos, just shootin' by the stars...

#1356 Cwetqo

Cwetqo

• Didn't heed the Waarning

Member: 3955

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Cool. I heard something about SWAT/special unit city theme next year and this very much confirms it. Rumored museum would also fit very nicely into it.

#1357 Steinkopf

Steinkopf

Member: 25035

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostCwetqo, on 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Cool. I heard something about SWAT/special unit city theme next year and this very much confirms it. Rumored museum would also fit very nicely into it.

When you have a look at what Playmobil has done with their police it would be nice if Lego did something similar.

Here are some pictures of what I have done for my police force.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Steinkopf, 12 July 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#1358 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thank you very much for this information, Cwetqo! :classic:

Although I must say that I'm very sceptical about this info you got is real (1. TLG informed us that they don't include weaponry in City sets, 2. the third year in series a police theme does sound unrealistic, 3. a museum sounds to be too much AFOL wish-like), I really hope that your source is real since these would surely be amazing sets!

Klaus-Dieter

#1359 the-bricking-builder

the-bricking-builder

Member: 15082

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Maybe the musuem is the next installment of the modular buildings series?

#1360 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Awesome! I really hope we do get a museum too... :drool:

#1361 medib

medib

• Finally Found the Other Half

Member: 95

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm skeptical on the museum....

though you never know.

Getting the museum is like the rumours of us getting a line of zoo-orientated sets.

I wouldn't count on any "special weapons" in a SWAT city line-up.  City has always been targeted for
younger audiences.  Though there was a special case for Football (Soccer) sets a while back that had
police in Riot Gear, but that was a special promo type set, and not for the main stream.
Posted Image Would do anything for the other half!

Posted Image

#1362 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

I wouldn't mind having that police jeep. I do hope it becomes a real set (even though I'm not into city sets normally). Any of the awesome MOCers out there able to retro-build this set and figure out a brick list?
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr

#1363 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Maybe a hint for that this rumored police special forces theme will really become true:

http://www.flickr.co...91592/lightbox/

A new minifigure which will appear in the 2013 Marvel theme. But: The police officer which was used there in a set this year (and which is also shown in the list at http://www.fbtb.net/), did use the City police officer torso and got only fleesh face and hands.
So could it possibly be that the SWAT torso will be used for regular City, too (but only with yellow hands and face)?

If there was a museum in the City theme (and not as a  CC styled building), I could only think of one being part of the special forces theme: robbery / burglary in the museum (that would make sense since another bank is imo excluded (we already got one last year)). TLG could include some jewels, gold weaponry and / or pictures in the museum, maybe a trap or a top light through which the burglars can get into the museum etc.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter, 14 July 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#1364 marv

marv

Member: 13306

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

I also think this Hummer styled Police truck looks really nice. I love the color scheme...

Edited by marv, 14 July 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image

Expedition Truck - SUPPORT ON LEGO IDEAS!

#1365 spaced_out

spaced_out

Member: 2548

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostRick, on 05 June 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

A snow ball launcher of course. :grin:

WHY do we need another snowball launcher? It seems like lego must have a snowball launcher fetish or something, they've been in quite a few sets...

View PostDarthluke824, on 07 June 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

I have just seen a possible 2013 LEGO City minifig in the advert for LEGO City: Undercover game for Wii U. Here he is:

Now all we need is that fig in fleshie, and It'd go perfect with the Gordon fig  we're getting in Marvel in '13.

View PostSteinkopf, on 12 July 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Here are some pictures of what I have done for my police force.

That's Awesome. Seriously. Reminds me of a old MOC Yoda made... I'd LOVE if lego did a SWAT type thing, maybe giving them all handcuffs instead of guns?

and on the subject of a museum: AFOL's are too spoiled to even think that a new museum in the style of CC/TH would be made by lego. AFOLs have made MUCH better museums anyway. It's too expencive for what we want, vs what Lego could make.

space

Edited by spaced_out, 14 July 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#1366 martyboy70

martyboy70

Member: 19993

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

The SWAT guy is actually Captain Freedom(Jesse Ventura) from The Running Man.

#1367 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostDarthluke824, on 07 June 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

I have just seen a possible 2013 LEGO City minifig in the advert for LEGO City: Undercover game for Wii U. Here he is:

Posted Image

Advert for the full game is here: Brickset

Oh dear Gods! Now the Lemonheads are getting those horrible drawn on cheekbones?

:vader: NoooOOOOOooooOOOOOOoooo!!!!!!!  :vader:

View PostKlaus-Dieter, on 14 July 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Maybe a hint for that this rumored police special forces theme will really become true:

http://www.flickr.co...91592/lightbox/

A new minifigure which will appear in the 2013 Marvel theme. But: The police officer which was used there in a set this year (and which is also shown in the list at http://www.fbtb.net/), did use the City police officer torso and got only fleesh face and hands.
So could it possibly be that the SWAT torso will be used for regular City, too (but only with yellow hands and face)?

If there was a museum in the City theme (and not as a  CC styled building), I could only think of one being part of the special forces theme: robbery / burglary in the museum (that would make sense since another bank is imo excluded (we already got one last year)). TLG could include some jewels, gold weaponry and / or pictures in the museum, maybe a trap or a top light through which the burglars can get into the museum etc.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Are you sure the source is not getting the City theme crossed with a more city themed Batman The Dark Knight Rises set? Doesn't some part of TDKR take place in or around a museum? So it may be similar to the Two Face set. small "Museum" front with some sort of blow out wall. Batman, Bane, Comissioner Gordon in SWAT gear, SWAT officer and SWAT Van or something similar?

As cool as it would be, I really don't think they will give us a SWAT team in City. What would it be? A "Special Handcuffs and Flashlights Team"? Highly trained to shine the flashlight with great precision exactly at the spot that needs handcuffing? ("and we promise this time not to put him in the cell with the crowbar?")
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#1368 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Postmarv, on 14 July 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

I also think this Hummer styled Police truck looks really nice. I love the color scheme...
I love that too. All of these Undercover vehicles have great designs. Where are you getting these screenshots/ pictures from?

I would love too see them all as I don't have the game.

#1369 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostThe Blue Brick, on 15 July 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

I love that too. All of these Undercover vehicles have great designs. Where are you getting these screenshots/ pictures from?

I would love too see them all as I don't have the game.

Not only is the game not out yet... the gaming console that the game will run on isn't out yet. The games for the forthcoming (no release date yet) Nintendo Wii U. The new console with the iPad like tablet controller thingy.

Edited by Faefrost, 16 July 2012 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#1370 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 15 July 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Oh dear Gods! Now the Lemonheads are getting those horrible drawn on cheekbones?

:vader: NoooOOOOOooooOOOOOOoooo!!!!!!!  :vader:
This is nothing new. Cheekbones have been common on many figures for years, including several of the Collectible Minifigures (example) Personally, I think they're a great detail, especially now that they're printed in Medium Nougat rather than the garish black used prior to that color's introduction. Certainly not a detail I'd want to see extended to all male figs, but a good detail nonetheless.

#1371 Legobrandon

Legobrandon

Member: 12864

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

Saw one City Hospital and one City Parking garage at the Vancouver LEGO store today. Both were behind the counter. Was in a rush so didn't have time to ask why they were there behind the counter and when it'll be released to the public.
Posted Image

#1372 MAH4546

MAH4546

Member: 1413

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostLegobrandon, on 19 July 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Saw one City Hospital and one City Parking garage at the Vancouver LEGO store today. Both were behind the counter. Was in a rush so didn't have time to ask why they were there behind the counter and when it'll be released to the public.

They were probably going to be taken home by an employee to build for display. They go on sale August 1.

#1373 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

The Garage is available on Toys'R'Us.com!

#1374 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 16 July 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Not only is the game not out yet... the gaming console that the game will run on isn't out yet. The games for the forthcoming (no release date yet) Nintendo Wii U. The new console with the iPad like tablet controller thingy.
I was hoping to get this for PS3. I guess not.  :hmpf_bad:

Edit: Thanks for the info 'just2good.' I'll have to wait because I never buy from Toys R Us.

Edited by The Blue Brick, 19 July 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#1375 Vindicare

Vindicare

Member: 12542

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

Any idea how much longer we can expect the Forest Police sets to still be available? I still need to get a few... Hopefully I have at least till tye end of the year. I got a bit too excited and went a bit too crazy buying... :hmpf_bad: Gotta take a breather and get the ol' credit card under control. :hmpf:
Clone Army-147 & counting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users