customizing minifigs

5 replies to this topic

#1 wincent

wincent

Member: 18647

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

Isn't it possible to set up a minifig painting machine to do a tour of Legoshops ?
I'm thinking about the face and thorso/leg print
I do not know how big they are ,but it would be nice to custom design your own minifig.
Also perhaps a great idea for the Lego Themeparks?

#2 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

To me, this would seem like too much of  a hassle for the lego group. Maybe they could do it at there parks as a souvenier, but i doubt it. It would be very cool though. :classic:

#3 Mencot

Mencot

• No! This is Maersk

Member: 23524

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostThe Blue Brick, on 25 August 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

To me, this would seem like too much of  a hassle for the lego group. Maybe they could do it at there parks as a souvenier, but i doubt it. It would be very cool though. :classic:
This would be cool, but yes it would be too much extra work to make something like this for users to customize minifigs.
I would like to know what kind of tool/machine/paint Lego uses to make the details on the minifigs. This is of course somewhat of a secret but in the same direction, that i could customize at home some of the older minfig heads and torsos that has weared out from age and use.
MyBricklink store   Myflickr

EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia (Mafia school). Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset, Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia, Def´s The Cosplay (Mafia school)

Now playing as:

Posted Image
Molly Callaghan the Freshman Representative from Brickshire in Tamamono´s Partylines Mafia.

Keliim the Cruel in Heroica RPG

Stats

#4 Henchmen4Hire

Henchmen4Hire

• Blaster Master

Member: 11791

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

They probably use some kind of Tampography, here's a nifty video about it.

Anyway, that would be a huge hassle to lug around the tampography machine, not to mention having to reset the machine for every single design.

Edited by DrNightmare, 06 January 2012 - 08:05 AM.

Check my MOCPages for spiffy space ships and vehicles

Posted Image

#5 Mencot

Mencot

• No! This is Maersk

Member: 23524

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostDrNightmare, on 06 January 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

They probably use some kind of Tampography, here's a nifty video about it.

Anyway, that would be a huge hassle to lug around the tampography machine, not to mention having to reset the machine for every single design.
:classic: noo would it, probably yeah. There has to be something easier and cheaper that makes good quality.
MyBricklink store   Myflickr

EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia (Mafia school). Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset, Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia, Def´s The Cosplay (Mafia school)

Now playing as:

Posted Image
Molly Callaghan the Freshman Representative from Brickshire in Tamamono´s Partylines Mafia.

Keliim the Cruel in Heroica RPG

Stats

#6 Justindale

Justindale

Member: 24335

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostMencot, on 02 January 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

This would be cool, but yes it would be too much extra work to make something like this for users to customize minifigs.
I would like to know what kind of tool/machine/paint Lego uses to make the details on the minifigs. This is of course somewhat of a secret but in the same direction, that i could customize at home some of the older minfig heads and torsos that has weared out from age and use.

I would like to be able to do the same thing with old minifig heads that have the face rubbed off, it would me great to still get a use out of them :thumbup:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users