Sign in to follow this  
Selander

MOC: Red open sport car

Building cars in 4-wide represents a challenge due to the small dimensions....

I've wanted to make a nice own 4-wide design for quite some time.

After getting some new TLG "cars-theme" parts, I made this low red open sports car,

by combining those new and some "old" elements I already had.

Infleunces comes from Porsche, and traditional english sport cars like MG and Triumph.

Any comments are welcome.

5974628765_0bb5ff14b3_z_d.jpg

5974628831_974f34eba7_z_d.jpg

5975189348_daca3c2cdc_z_d.jpg

5974628903_87c2cbf1a3_z_d.jpg

Great MOC! It has a nice look to it. The new Cars parts used on this work well and make it look good, I especially like the wheels you have used. :classic:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

'Selander' you did an AWESOME job there and actually you should of put a kid next to it.....your car is one of those battery power kid's ride-in toy's ! :grin:

Brick On 'Selander'.....Brick On ! :grin:

I'm really loving all the detail you have packed in this little package, because this really looks like a tiny British sportscar or an early Porsche. It could really work in a classic town setting or as a kids battery powered car in City scale.

I absolutely love the use of what I assume to be the binocular piece as the exhaust pipes, and your car really makes me wonder what else can be achieved by using the Cars pieces on 4-wide minifig vihecles.

I'm really loving all the detail you have packed in this little package, because this really looks like a tiny British sportscar or an early Porsche. It could really work in a classic town setting or as a kids battery powered car in City scale.

I absolutely love the use of what I assume to be the binocular piece as the exhaust pipes, and your car really makes me wonder what else can be achieved by using the Cars pieces on 4-wide minifig vihecles.

Thanks fyrmedhatt and others for your kind comments.

I don't if you observed that steering wheel is a moc design as well,

beeing positioned a bit left of center......oriented towards the driver.

Thanks fyrmedhatt and others for your kind comments.

I don't know if you observed that steering wheel is a moc design as well,

beeing positioned a bit left of center......oriented towards the driver.

That's great, definitely has an early 911 look to it. Love the binocular exhaust.

Very nice car! I love all the detail in the small space. And the scale of this one is actually really great--stand next to a sports car (or even an average sedan) and it won't go very far past your shoulders.

Edited by Mariko

Great little Porsche! Great usage of the new Cars parts, especially the rims and the front. The hood would look better in red, but whatever, it's still awesome :thumbup: