6 replies to this topic

#1 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• A few backspaces will do

Member: 4757

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Maelstrom is a rhino class vessel and like all other Free State Alliance planes, co-opted from civilian use. Formerly used by the Independent State of Swift in its mail cargo fleet to run packets and parcels from island state to island state. Modified to deliver bombs to drone factories, air strips and launch pads. The heavy guns on this craft are for taking down the Empire’s flying fortresses. The added armour has done nothing for speed but makes these craft sturdy.
Flying in squadrons following the reconnaissance planes, these heavy hitters never leave a target standing.  

This MOC was built after more experimentation with parts. Somewhat styled after Lancaster Bombers and other planes of that ilk. I used the dark blue purely because I like the colour and my large Agents collection supplied a lot of useful parts.

Edited by Rufus, 23 July 2011 - 12:00 PM.
Indexed

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Tesni Hightribe

#2 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

• Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

As someone who likes a bit of Dark blue at the moment, this is quite pleasing aesthetically speaking. Perhaps some more tiling to make the wings a bit more streamlined would help out? Good job nonetheless Pep.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#3 Rufus

Rufus

• Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Mmmm, dark blue!  :wub:  I see you've been using more long wedges for the fuselage - works nicely :wink:

#4 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hello!

I like the new cockpit concept. The transparent dish is in excellent use here. :classic:

May I suggest to widen the rear wings a bit? They seem to be too short and look slightly out of proportion. Maybe you could use 3x6 wedge plates instead. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#5 SmoothSexualBrickMaster

SmoothSexualBrickMaster

Member: 17925

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Peppermint_M, your recent line of planes has inspired me to finally make my first post so that I can tell you just how awesome and awe-inspiring your recent line of airplanes and aircraft's are.

I love the color scheme on this one, and the cockpit is really cool, probably my favorite part of this design. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

#6 Rick

Rick

• Wants to be important too! (but already is)

Member: 5261

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Mmm, ... dark blue, it looks really good on the plane. And indeed, and interesting technique for the cockpit.

#7 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• A few backspaces will do

Member: 4757

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Thanks Guys! This one was an attempt to remove myself from stubby planes while still using my favourite technique of the moment.

I can't take full credit for the cockpit, I am sure I have come across it every now and then in other builds.

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Tesni Hightribe

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users