#1 madoka

madoka

• memory lapse power shopper

Member: 1132

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.variety.c...News|LatestNews

Warner Bros. has expanded its relationship with Lego, granting the toymaker access to DC Entertainment's complete library of comicbook characters and stories to launch DC Universe "Super Heroes" as figures and playsets.
The multi-year licensing deal, made through Warner Bros. Consumer Products, will start rolling out the new line in January, starting with 13 characters, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and villains the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor.

The first toys will be shown off at the Lego booth at Comic-Con Intl. in San Diego, where 3,000 exclusive Batman and Green Lantern minifigures will be distributed to launch a promo that runs August-December, enabling fans to create and submit videos, photos or illustrations of the characters to win trips to Legoland and Warner Bros. Studios.

WB and Lego had already been producing toys and videogames around the Batman franchise, and will launch a new set of playthings around next summer's "The Dark Knight Rises" through the Lego Batman collection. The "Lego Batman: The Videogame," published by WB Bros. Interactive Entertainment, has sold more than 12 million units since 2008."This partnership gives builders a chance to recreate the characters, vehicles and worlds of some of the most iconic super heroes, so they can relive the action and even customize it, a proven and winning formula in Lego construction," said Jill Wilfert, VP, licensing and entertainment for the Lego Group.

Edit -  Further info:

Two of the world’s most iconic brands are joining forces as The LEGO Group, world leader in high quality construction toys, and Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a global character -based entertainment company, announced a wide ranging strategic licensing deal. Through the multi-year agreement starting as of January 1st, 2012, Marvel has granted LEGO Group the rights to develop a distinct Marvel branded construction toy collection — LEGO SUPER HEROES — which will bring the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO® build-and-play adventure. The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection’s initial construction sets, minifigures and buildable characters are scheduled to launch in May of 2012.

The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters. The LEGO Marvel’s The Avengers movie line brings such ever popular Marvel characters as Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow to LEGO minifigure form. The LEGO X-Men collection includes minifigure comic versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury and Deadpool, while the LEGO Spider-Man sets offer minifigure comic versions of Spider-Man, and Doctor Octopus. The first buildable characters in the LEGO SUPER HEROES collection are highlighted by Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man. Select figures will be unveiled in the LEGO booth (#2829) during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center July 21-24.

“Our partnership with Marvel helps us continue to deliver some of the best and most constructible Super Hero stories of all time,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president, licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group. “We’re thrilled to partner with Marvel to create creative, constructive play sets for builders, fans and collectors alike.”

Joann Mclaughlin, Executive Vice President Toys & Hardlines, Marvel Entertainment, commented, “The partnership with LEGO Group furthers Marvel’s strategy to align our brand with the best in class leaders across various industries who have the global marketing expertise and distribution clout to stand out in the retail environment. This deal solidifies the already robust presence of our characters and the overall Marvel brand in the ever important toy category.”

The retail debut of the Marvel-inspired LEGO SUPER HEROES collection is timed to coincide with the highly anticipated Summer 2012 blockbuster movie release of Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Pictures feature film Marvel’s The Avengers.

Edited by Rufus, 20 July 2011 - 11:37 PM.
Added picture of Batman and rest. Updated

#2 Front

Front

• Odonaman!

Member: 2934

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

LEGO Superheroes website

#3 LegoCityMann

LegoCityMann

• 90 year old scientist

Member: 17769

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:34 AM

All I can say is YES!!!
Stoneford: My Modular Town Where I keep a running thread about my modular town, new buildings, and changes to old ones.

#4 Miss Kyle

Miss Kyle

Member: 15926

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

:cry_happy:
"We've come a long way from the Prime Minister's exploding cake."

#5 Delta 38

Delta 38

Member: 8890

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

If this is confirmed, then wow! This is really great news. I completely missed the Batman sets and I realised how good they would have been after playing the video game.
The line "playsets and minifigures" is interesting though, sounds like this may be similar to Ninjago and the collectible minifigures with individual minifigures in packages.
Hi.

#6 Solitary Dark

Solitary Dark

• Sociological Experiment Administrator

Member: 10671

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

I hope these are good - Theres a huge potential here - I want my Superman minifg already.

Daily Planet modular building with rotating planet statue at the top and spinning doors at the entrance please!!!!!

Edited by mookage, 20 July 2011 - 06:55 AM.

The Narrow Gauge Train Set is on LEGO Ideas - Vote at the Link below....

Posted ImageNarrow Gauge rail 11 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/72853

#7 Miss Kyle

Miss Kyle

Member: 15926

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

Is anyone going to the comic con and can bring me one of the exclusive minifigs? :grin:
"We've come a long way from the Prime Minister's exploding cake."

#8 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

Dear Lego Group,

YOU ROCK!!!

That is all.

Please tell me I'm not dreaming! :cry_happy: Complete character library... multi-year license... Oh my! :wub: This is going to be a very, very merry Christmas! :caroler: Bring on 2012! :moar:

I just hope this doesn't nullify the rumors of an Avengers license. :look: If we get both... well, then the Mayans will be proven right as the world will most likely implode from the sheer awesomenes. :laugh:

Now excuse me while I completely geek out. :drool:

#9 mixtil

mixtil

Member: 5810

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

View PostMiss Kyle, on 20 July 2011 - 06:59 AM, said:

Is anyone going to the comic con and can bring me one of the exclusive minifigs? :grin:

me too.
Why we don't have this exclusive in Europe too???
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??

it's a shame. I want tihis exlusive too.

batman, please, come to my lovely house

#10 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Mere words can't express my pure excitement for this new licensed theme that is coming soon. Really amazing.  :cry_happy:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#11 Hewman

Hewman

• I am Vigilance!

Member: 1497

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on 20 July 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

I just hope this doesn't nullify the rumors of an Avengers license. :look: If we get both... well, then the Mayans will be proven right as the world will most likely implode from the sheer awesomenes. :laugh:

My guess is it probably does dramatically reduce the chances of an Avengers license, as I'd imagine DC insisted on Lego not working with competitors for the period of the contract. Does anyone know of other toy companies putting out both DC and Marvel products at the same time?

Anyway, it's great news, even though I have most of the original Batman sets I won't complain about getting more, and an official Superman minfig would be brilliant.

#12 Pate-keetongu

Pate-keetongu

• Dwarven Walrus

Member: 1937

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Great news indeed! When the last Batman line existed, I was foolish enough to buy none of the sets, but this will fix my wrong choices. I have never been very interested in Wonder Woman or Man of steel, but Bats is cool. I hope they release set with Jim Gordon this time, he has always been my favourite Batman character.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
My Flickr Photostream My Brickshelf
Man doesn't grow a beard, beard grows a man.
Formerly known here as pig.

#13 White Cat

White Cat

Member: 17325

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

My dream lego licensed has come true. Yes. Is there any exaggerate emoticons for this news  :laugh:.

#14 Vikingcase

Vikingcase

Member: 17545

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

View Posthewman, on 20 July 2011 - 07:23 AM, said:

My guess is it probably does dramatically reduce the chances of an Avengers license, as I'd imagine DC insisted on Lego not working with competitors for the period of the contract. Does anyone know of other toy companies putting out both DC and Marvel products at the same time?

Anyway, it's great news, even though I have most of the original Batman sets I won't complain about getting more, and an official Superman minfig would be brilliant.

This is awesome news! We missed the batman sets so now bats and more are coming. But it looks like sideshow collectibles just picked up the dc license for statues and busts and they also produce products for marvel.

#15 Pennas2000

Pennas2000

Member: 12170

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

:laugh:

#16 autobrick

autobrick

Member: 13553

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

Holy crap! This is great news! :cry_happy: :thumbup:

#17 sputnik16

sputnik16

Member: 18596

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

oh...my...GAWD!!!
this is so awesome!
hi...

#18 Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick

• F@$*wit Ferret

Member: 1318

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Batman... returning? Excuse me, I have to go and sacrifice ten- no! - twenty slaves, in order to thank the great Gods, sitting high upon Mt. TLC.

I'm Agnostic and ambivalent about it.

Posted Image

#19 AndyC

AndyC

Member: 6485

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

Woohoo! This is great news. So many times I've looked at some of the Batman figs on Bricklink and been tempted, despite the ridiculously high prices, but now there'll be a way to get new ones.
Posted Image

#20 commdr_neyo

commdr_neyo

Member: 4886

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Since I've been into Batman lately, this is great new for me!
I don't really care about Green Lantern etc., but this theme sounds amazing  :sweet:

EDIT:
Picture of figures here.

Posted Image

Edited by commdr_neyo, 20 July 2011 - 10:04 AM.

My Flickr

#21 eiker86

eiker86

Member: 10553

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

View Postcommdr_neyo, on 20 July 2011 - 09:58 AM, said:

Since I've been into Batman lately, this is great new for me!
I don't really care about Green Lantern etc., but this theme sounds amazing  :sweet:

EDIT:
Picture of figures here.

Posted Image

Superb =) Cant wait to get all these new sets =) to bad its almost 6 months left =(
For those who wonder: My nick is like biker, but without the b.

My Flickr | My Brickset | My Brickshelf

#22 Hewman

Hewman

• I am Vigilance!

Member: 1497

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

View Postcommdr_neyo, on 20 July 2011 - 09:58 AM, said:

Thanks for the pic! I'm loving the Superman and his hair is great.

Given we have 13 characters I assume we'll have even more figs, like multiple Batman figs. I'm figuring we'll be getting about 8 sets (assuming about 2 unique figs per set).

• Superman and Lex.
  • Wonder Woman, not sure who else would be in that set as I've never been a fan.
  • At least two or three batman sets, particularly given 3 Batman villains were listed and there were 6 characters not listed (although Green Lantern is obviously one now). I reckon Robin and Catwoman are a chance to turn up in sets as well.
  • At least one Green Lantern

The great news is we only have to speculate for a few days and then we'll have way more information.

#23 ElisHelrot

ElisHelrot

Member: 2163

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Those Batman sets always looked good, but I'm not a big fan of all those superheroes, I don't need it, would have been better if Harry Potter stayed

#24 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

• Pantsless no more

Member: 11279

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

This is great news, I can't wait to ge them!
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 jonwil

jonwil

Member: 1239

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

If its just figs then meh, probably be too overpriced for what they are.
If its actual sets that are as awesome as the previous Batman sets then YES YES YES.
I bought a bunch of the Batman sets because they were damn good parts packs (one of the best deals I got was a cheap UCS Batmobile which has lots of great parts in it :)
Even ended up with Arkham Asylum (built an add-on as a place for Freeze once)

Wish I had been able to get the bat tank and some of the other second wave sets (like the ice cream truck) but I didnt get the chance :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users