The wind was blowing hard, the clouds hadn't dispersed. Day by day, the atmosphere had gotten worse and worse. Still, the residents of New Lower Brickton by the Sea were not about to give up. The fate of their town, and perhaps the world was hanging in the balance.
Good morning, we~ where are the rest of you?
Bubb Kupp submitted, "I suppose Roweena is on the way sir."
Bubb, we don't have time for this, I'd like you to get her.
"Certainly sir." And with that, Bubb ran off to find his boss.
So, anyone know any good jokes?
"...but you fuck one goat..." Shananikin finished his joke and the town had an uncomfortable laugh. At that moment, Bubb Kupp ran back in the room.
"Sir, sir! Roweena Karnata's dead! And that's not all! My brother Addy Kupp, and my sister Mistress Kupp, both are dead! I found more cards than I could carry!"
Oh dear, we've lost three more town members. This is truly dire.
We have lost too many. We are truly in a precarious position. If we do not find out who the Dark Ones are today, we are doomed.
Oh, and one more thing I need to mention. I finished the autopsy of Hing Leigh today, and it appears that he choked on his applesauce. It can be ruled an unfortunate accident and not a murder.
Please, save us all!
All players now have 24 hours until the end of the game! They may choose to play their witness cards, but please keep in mind:
- there are a set number of clues for each death.
- each player has only two cards to use over four days, so cooperation is imperative
- their will be no challenge today, the three challenges are complete
And a special hint to all players:
If you're not going to be around for the last few hours of the game day, be it for work, school, sleep, or otherwise, I strongly recommend proxying your vote to someone who will be around. It could make all the difference between winning and losing.
The game takes place in 24-hour rounds (a Day Round and a Night Round) over the course of 7 days in the quaint village of Lower Brickton by the Sea.
During the Day Rounds, excitable citizens take it into their hands to lynch one of the players.
During the Night Rounds, the town's population is preyed upon by The Dark Ones!
-There are two teams: The Town and The Dark Ones.
-There are an unknown number of players on each team.
-There are no special roles in either team.
-Members of The Town will not know the identities of their teammates.
-Members of The Dark Ones may or may not know the identities of their teammates.
-IMPORTANT! For The Town, this is a No-PM game. Posting in the public game thread is the only method of game-related communication allowed for members of this team (i.e. no Skype, Facebook, Twitter, or whatever.)
-For The Dark Ones, this may or may not be a No-PM game.
-The team left with the most players at the end of the 4th Day Round will be declared the winners.
-All players win or lose with their team, so if you're killed during the game and your team wins, you're still a winner. So work together!
-If it becomes impossible for one of the teams to win, the game will end early and the other team will be declared the winners.
Note: Some non-player characters may be mentioned during the game, but these characters do not contribute to the numbers on either team.
-The day round lasts 24 hours. During that time a player may vote for another player to be lynched by publicly voting in the game thread.
-At the end of the round, the player with the most votes is subjected to a brutal death at the hands of the mob.
-Votes should be stated in the public thread in bold. E.g. "I VOTE/UNVOTE [name]".
-Players may nominate any other player to be their proxy for the day, thus voting the same way as their proxy.
-In the event of a tie, the first player to achieve that number of votes will be convicted.
IMPORTANT! Failure to vote or nominate a proxy will result in a penalty of 5 lynch votes the following day!
There will be no more night rounds
- Each player will receive a Character card containing a full photo of themselves.
- Players may choose to reveal this card at any time in the public thread, or not.
There are 3 types of game card in play...
- Play this card to receive a clue about a crime.
- Each player will receive 2 Witness cards.
- To play a Witness card, post it in the public thread and nominate the crime you want the clue about.
- The clue will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.
- If more than one player witnesses the same crime, they may receive further clues. If the same clue is received by more than one player, that signifies there are no further clues to be revealed about that crime.
- Witness cards may only be played during Day, up to any length of time after the crime occurred.
- Play this card to identify which team another player is on.
- Players can win Investigation cards by solving challenges (more on this below).
- To play an Investigation card, post it in the public thread and nominate the player under investigation. Players may not investigate themselves.
- The result of the investigation will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.
- Investigation cards may only be played during the Day, and do not have to be played on the same day they are won.
- Play this card to murder another player.
- Each of The Dark Ones will receive 1 Kill card.
- To play a Kill card, send it to me in a PM along with the name of the victim.
- Murder cards may played during Day or Night, but will only take effect during the Night Round.
Cards are not transferable.
Use of forged or altered cards is not allowed.
-If you solve a challenge, send the answer to me by PM.
-Each player may only submit one answer for each challenge (no second chances or revisions!)
-The first player to send me the correct answer will win an Investigation card.
-If no fully correct answer is received within the challenge's allotted time, the player whose answer I deem closest to the solution will win the Investigation card.
-The winner of the challenge will be announced in the public thread.
-Challenges are over!
Note to The Town: Although the odds may seem stacked against you, the game is really yours to lose. A considered assessment of the clues is the key to your success.
Camanakin Skywalker - Town hustler (Big Cam)
Womanikin Skywalker - Housewife/Wife of Mugg Kupp (Badboytje88)
Mugg Kupp - Military propagandist/Husband of Womanikin (MacK)
Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)
Shenanikin Skywalker - Elementary School Student (sok117)
Donena Buena - Jeweler (Donut)
Bananakin Skywalker - Town bicycle (Brickdoctor)
Professor Flutwuck - University Professor (Professor Flitwick)
Mrs. Le Goninja - Pub owner/Wife of Ram Strut (Mrlegoninja)
Ram Strut - Bouncer/husband of Mrs. Le Goninja (Rumble Strike)
Robanakin Skywalker - Town guard (Roboku)
Addy Kupp - Importer/exporter (ADHO15)
Craig Otoko - Freelance muscle (cralegoboy)
Bubb Kupp - Town guard (Bob the Construction Man)
Roweena Karnata - Town guard general (Roncanator)
Misstress Kupp - Hostess (
Burrito - Horse Whisperer (