My vessel is magnificent, and fierce, and huge-ish, and…gone. Why is

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic  – Started by Lego lover , Jul 10 2011 07:40 PM

#1 Lego lover

Lego lover

Member: 8573

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

Jack was left with the dory at Tortuga, after promising Giselle and Scarlett a ride on the Black Pearl . Alone, Jack set out in the boat to begin his quest for the Fountain of Youth.
Posted Image
If I'd win (I don't think so) I would choose The Mill.

Edited by Lego lover, 20 July 2011 - 08:07 PM.

Please, check my latest MOC, Rockcastle.

#2 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

haha, that was a hilarious scene, when he sais "gone".
I must say though, your raft doesn't look much like the dinghy from the movie.
I like the black pearl sailing away. Good luck.
Posted Image

#3 Matn

Matn
  • supermegaawesome

Member: 2084

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Nice idea, Lego lover. The Black Pearl in the distance is simple, but very well made and effective. There could have been more details (LEGO creations are all about details :pir-tongue: ): the dock looks empty, rubbish laying around, pieces of cord and brown tiles as wood would have made it look much better. Also the water looks empty, it's a dock, where are the boats? Anyways, I hope this info will be useful for future creations. Good luck!

#4 Toltomeja

Toltomeja
  • Excaliber Holder

Member: 18752

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

The idea is very good, especially the title  :pir-laugh: I like it!
I think you should add some details, though. Some barrels and crates or chests, and maybe one more boat at the harbour would make it realistic and interesting as well. Remember, how full of life, people and ware the harbours were in the film! I'd also make the water surface more varied, some blue plates will be enough to make it more wavy.
The best thing in your MOC is the ship far far away. You've succeeded to make an impression of a huge ship at the horizon.
Minifigs? Well, look quite innatural with such an arms pose...
The last hint is to replace bottom parts of the columns with 2x2 blue bricks. It's almost no difference, but it may look yet a bit better.
Good luck!

Edited by Toltomeja, 17 July 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#5 Captain Genaro

Captain Genaro
  • Has issues taking Presidents.

Member: 6844

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

I love this scene, I love the way that Jack blanks out when he realizes that his ship is gone.

For your MOC, I like the way that you made the Black Pearl smaller to make it seem like it's sailing away into the distance. I also think that you did a good job designing the characters with the bricks you have available in LDD.

In my opinion, Jack's boat looks more like a raft than a dingy. I think that you should use the rowboat hull and put a mast with other details on it. Also, you should consider adding some barrels that Gibbs could be leaning against and some other details on the dock such as animals, crates, and more people. Finally, it would be really neat if you added a ship on the side of the dock loading or unloading cargo. If I remember correctly, there were several ships at the dock in this scene.

WIP Brig of War

Giovanni Capanni, a problem-eliminating hitman in CMF Mafia 2
Chlodochar, a LOYAL warrior in Ragnarök Now Redux
Thomas, an INNOCENT fish-watcher aboard the Pearl.
Ginny, a TOWNIE jockey in Heartlake Heartbreak!.
Gerrid, a SCUM Servant of Loki in Ragnarök Now
Frankie Daly, a mostly LOYAL deckhand in Red Scare Mystery
Gen, a TOWNIE bum in Eurodina
Geoffrey Oult, an Honorable soldier in Imperial Soldiers Mafia

#6 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor
  • Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat

Member: 4015

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

Hello Lego lover, and welcome to Eurobricks!
I have noticed your picture is too large, it makes the page slow to load for those with a slow connection and mobile phones.
Please resize your picture to a maximum of 800x600. Already thanks! :pir-classic:

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials

Avalonia Trading Company

#7 22kane

22kane

Member: 17921

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

If I were to enter this contest this is about how detailed I would get. I see that you have a decent sense of humor, you made me laugh anyway. I fully support this entry.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?

Member: 14752

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

I presume this was the last minute entry but anyway the lack of detail is quite disturbing. If this was the real LEGO creation it would be acceptable by having in mind you might not have enough pieces. But making it in LDD gives you far greater possibilities especially for the unlimited pieces you can use. Even for a LDD beginner this entry looks pretty rushed and somehow unfinished though it clearly represents the scene from the movie. The idea on the contrary to the MOC is brilliant! Anyway you made quite a few smile if not laugh (including me) and that might have been the purpose in the first place. Also the Black Pearl is a nice detail and stands out a lot!

I also welcome your courage to enter and display this little creation, I think it's goal was reached. Take all the previous critics into consideration and start creating some real good MOCs. I know it takes a lot of time, but it's fun and the feelings after finishing and showing one are very pleasant. Happy MOCing!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links