Sign in to follow this  
Toltomeja

Giant Jack Sparrow

The entry shows the scene of Jack Sparrow arriving at the harbour by his almost sunk ship ( Youtube ), built in maxi scale:

- overall height of the MOC: 74 cm (2.4 feet = 29")

- Jack's height: 53 cm (1.7 feet = 21")

You can see the upper-part of the ship, with sinking sails and a flag. For those, who don't remember the scene well: Sparrow is standing on the only part of his boat being over water, and arrives the harbour with a little step, which is shown in my MOC.

size.jpg

sparrow02.jpg

sparrow03.jpg

sparrow04.jpg

sparrow5.jpg

If I miraculously won the contest, I'd choose the Mill.

Hope you like it!

Edited by Toltomeja

Wow, I hadn't expected to see such large scale entry, I think his facial expression doesn't match that from the movie but overall a nice sculpture, I like that small beard he has, good job.

I was not expecting to see this! I like the creativity in the idea! You did a nice job on the dock and Jack along with his boat (in other words, the whole thing). I like the way that you made his coat part down the torso and I love the beads that Jack has in his hair.

I don't like the fingers on his right hand though. They seem more like chicken talons than fingers. I also think that you should fix the ships flag. It has a worn out feeling to it but it reminds me of Indian feathers instead of a flag. Finally, I think that you should use some 1x1 round plates for Jacks eyes. I don't know but I imagine that would look better.

Keep up the good work!

Great job mate! On the other hand there is a lot that bothers me about it. It seems he has three beard braids when he should have two. His head scarf should be red not brown. His coat is a twillish grey brown not black. His pants should be brown not grey. The shape of the coat is all wrong. he should have a hat in this seen. He should be wearing a blue vest... theres too much but great job except color issues .

Well, I don't think the colours are such a problem. I wanted it to look not only realistic, but also esthetic. And don't forget I don't have an infinite number of bricks!

Very creative entry, Toltomeja! :pir-wink: I was impressed by the seize of it. What's left of the boat looks great. The head looks also very good, perhaps a black 1x1 round plate on the white headlight bricks would make it complete. The hair and beard looks spot-on. His clothing looks also recognizable, with the coat and the piece of cloth hanging out of his pocket. I wouldn't worry too much about the colours, it looks fine. His arms are a bit weird though, they may look better a bit bigger, and so are his fingers. Great job and good luck! :thumbup:

You've mentioned 1x1 round bicks to be used as eyes. I've checked it during building, and I decided to do it once again now. I can only tell you, that it looks a bit silly - his eyes are not only extremely big then, but also have wrong colour - in few words, pupils are much bigger than whole eye should be. :pir-blush:

Hey, I finally have some time after my holiday to do some reviews of the later entries. Sorry I couldn't have done it earlier, since this can't help you improve the build. But anyway, this is an interesting entry and very one of a kind. I rally didn't expect any large scale models appearing here. I've been building some of large scale minifigs when I was younger, so I really know how painful it is to build something that huge without running out of bricks. Especially if your collection is not huge! Therefore I will not talk about colors of the clothes which are obviously off, but are still recognizable.

I must say I like the way you build this model and I especially like the mast and the flag! However I'm not too fond of the head, since it looks too much like the cube dudes LEGO does. Have in mind that those figures are much smaller and therefore lack the detail. This on however I think could be done better if you started with a flat face and point out the nose and then surround it with hair and some other facial detail. I also miss the hat which Jack hasn't lost by the time yet!

Anyway, good luck in the remaining days of voting!

This contest entry is definitely worth blogging!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

...soon!

Indeed it a nice entry, but i think the arms are a bit thin and a bit too short. Otherly, its a nice entry overall.

But i have one question: Where did he lost his hat wich he had on the movie scene? :pir_laugh2:

Caaptain Becker