That's a good review! Thanks!
1) For the error: I was also wondering, why the front axle was never in the middle, but I did not think about it too much, till i read the explanation here. Very strange from TLG to oversee that. I changed it and - what surprise - the front suspension works better.
2) There is a second error in the building instructions: on page 32 (step 84, booklet 2) the meter (to measeure the correct length od the pneumatic-tube) starts not at 0cm but on 2,2cm. All the other meters in the booklets are correct. See here this picture
3) For th problem on the new pump: I added an airtank,
so I could not discover any problems so far. The compressor makes good pressure and with the airtank in between, the risk of an overload is less.
4) I already added a gear reduction
for the steering mechanism (instead of the yellow knob-wheels). IMHO it improves the steering feeling.
5) I also added a transmission
for the motor input. Thus the pistons are turning faster in motor. I like that better.
6) Why did TLG uses a blue axle pin here ar the enforcment liftarem instead a black pin? See the arrow in the same picture
of the two points above.
7) And finally the error I alredy talked about on the side of the box, where it says, that there should be two motors inside
So, if TLG is changing something in the moment, they should also change the two mentioned errors (point 2 and 7).
Edited by tripletschiee, 03 July 2011 - 02:01 PM.