Jump to content


MOC: Blood Hawk


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fires-storm

Fires-storm

  • Modern Wright Brother


    Posts: 807
    Joined: 20-January 10
    Member: 9182
    Country: United States

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image
Well, I decided to come back from a long and sleepy absence from Eurobricks, so I'll hit back in with one of my favorite things, airplanes!

The Blood Hawk was an experimental fighter design used mostly by the Japanese Aerocorps, and designed by scientists working for the Mitsubishi company. This airplane is fairly revolutionary with built in horizontal stabilizers in the wings, as well as a 12000 horse power engine. Also a fairly dangerous option, being that all this power and a different steering method makes the airplane dangerously hard to control.

now on to pics:

first up, a nice angle pic:
Posted Image

Now a dead on:
Posted Image

Side on!
Posted Image

Rear view:
Posted Image

Also something I'm positively thrilled about, working flaps!
Posted Image

4th wall commentary:

This is actually one of my favorite planes, even though it is long since retired. Also it was a fairly quick build, as it only took me around 5 hours of continuous work to put together! I hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by Fires-storm, 01 July 2011 - 07:09 PM.

If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#2 Rufus

Rufus

  • Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!


    Posts: 5057
    Joined: 15-July 09
    Member: 6705
    Country: EU

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Interesting concept plane; was it a real aeroplane?  I tried a google search, but came up with nothing.  Either way, I like it - but I'm a little confused as to how pitch is controlled :laugh:

Nice design of the wings, and those engines look powerful :thumbup:

#3 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9545
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

Nice to see you back with your plane MOCs FS! I simply love the unique angled SNOT wings of this one and the red-black color combo really fits the unique design of this plane very well. Great job as always! :thumbup: Though I'm curious to know if the wings are sturdily attached to the body?

#4 gcanik

gcanik

    Posts: 185
    Joined: 02-December 10
    Member: 14476
    Country: USA

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Nice red and black checkerboard pattern behind the prop area.

#5 Fires-storm

Fires-storm

  • Modern Wright Brother


    Posts: 807
    Joined: 20-January 10
    Member: 9182
    Country: United States

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostRufus, on 29 June 2011 - 05:24 PM, said:

Interesting concept plane; was it a real aeroplane?  I tried a google search, but came up with nothing.  Either way, I like it - but I'm a little confused as to how pitch is controlled :laugh:

Nice design of the wings, and those engines look powerful :thumbup:

Nope, it is a completely original design, though I'm thrilled the history sounds that official, lol! Also, as in the description, the Ailerons are designed to control both pitch and turning, sorta like a horizontal stabilizer and Aileron combined!

View PostKielDaMan, on 30 June 2011 - 02:08 AM, said:

Nice to see you back with your plane MOCs FS! I simply love the unique angled SNOT wings of this one and the red-black color combo really fits the unique design of this plane very well. Great job as always! :thumbup: Though I'm curious to know if the wings are sturdily attached to the body?

Truth be told, each wing is only connected to the body by two studs, but because of the pressure of the hinge set up, it really is quite sturdy! Glad you like it!

View Postgcanik, on 30 June 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Nice red and black checkerboard pattern behind the prop area.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!
If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#6 Rufus

Rufus

  • Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!


    Posts: 5057
    Joined: 15-July 09
    Member: 6705
    Country: EU

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

View PostFires-storm, on 01 July 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

Nope, it is a completely original design, though I'm thrilled the history sounds that official, lol! Also, as in the description, the Ailerons are designed to control both pitch and turning, sorta like a horizontal stabilizer and Aileron combined!
Does that work?  Sounds impractical to me.  Oh wait, that's the beauty of fiction - of course it works!  :laugh:  :wink:

And yes, your description sounded very realistic - had me fooled :blush:  Well-researched!  :thumbup:

#7 Fires-storm

Fires-storm

  • Modern Wright Brother


    Posts: 807
    Joined: 20-January 10
    Member: 9182
    Country: United States

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

View PostRufus, on 01 July 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

Does that work?  Sounds impractical to me.  Oh wait, that's the beauty of fiction - of course it works!  :laugh:  :wink:

And yes, your description sounded very realistic - had me fooled :blush:  Well-researched!  :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm glad you think so, and actually, the beauty of it is that it works in real life as well! In fact, one of America's most well known airplanes that it works on is the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber! I simply adapted the tech from flying wing to a regular fighter :classic:
If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#8 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21733
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

Nice work with this, Fires-storm. :classic:  Planes with SNOT wings bent at some place are some of my favorites. (though I can't seem to do one myself that's strong enough to hold itself up)

#9 Fires-storm

Fires-storm

  • Modern Wright Brother


    Posts: 807
    Joined: 20-January 10
    Member: 9182
    Country: United States

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 03 July 2011 - 02:38 AM, said:

Nice work with this, Fires-storm. :classic:  Planes with SNOT wings bent at some place are some of my favorites. (though I can't seem to do one myself that's strong enough to hold itself up)

Thanks, I'm so glad you like it! I must admit, the wings were a dickens to figure out how to mount correctly!
If you cannot win the battle, win the war.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users