Quentin de Belle-ville had it all; tons of money from a business empire dealing in chocolate and perfume, more power than any sane man would want, and a loving and caring family to share it all with. Except.. they were perhaps not all as loving and caring as they would like to pretend to be.. in his later years it became more and more obvious that some members of the family were Not Loyal and plotting to take control of the family business empire. So in an attempt to solve this problem once and for all Quentin has gathered the family for one last reunion at his splendid mansion.
Luckily one does not make it to the top of the lucrative chocolate and perfume market without acquiring more than a few enemies along the way, and thus making it necessary to have means to deal with such enemies. So Quentin has, with the help of various old accomplishes and henchmen, solutions to dispatch of the dead bodies without the FBI finding out what is going on at the Belle-ville mansion and will have his family vote to kill one member each Day until the threat to the Family is dead and buried...
There are two sides in Belville Mafia (BM): Loyals and Not Loyals. To win the Loyals need to find and kill all the Not Loyal family members, while the Not Loyals need to outnumber the Loyal family members.
Belville Mafia mostly uses the standard rules for mafia games that most of you should know by now, so I'm not going to waste your time by repeating them here.
There are however a couple of differences:
- There are no clues in the pictures, anyone referring to them as such will be mod-killed
- The use of private communication* is forbidden (yes, really. It would only hurt your chances of winning anyway)
- A Day will last a maximum of 48 hours, followed by Night which will last a maximum of 24 hours. This means you have quite a short time to send in your Night actions, and will have to pay close attention to what's going on.
- A Day that ends without a conviction will have a random death among the non-voters
As there is only 13 slots available in Belville Mafia most of you will not get to play, this is unfortunate, but that's how it has to be to get a small and fast game. (it also happens to be the amount of Belville figs I have available for this )
And a final warning: if you're easily offended, for instance by LEGO figs doing "adult stuff" you might want to avoid this game..
So, assuming you still want to participate in this silliness I want you to do two things:
- First, post in this thread about your desire to play (feel free to include anything you think might be relevant regarding your performance as a Mafia player on Eurobricks, but this is not required) and any plans to be away from Eurobricks during the month of July. (I honestly don't expect this to take all of July, but better safe than sorry)
- Secondly, send me a PM answering two questions: a) assuming you're Loyal please outline how you want to find and get rid of the Not Loyals, and b) assuming you're Not Loyal please outline how you want to maximize your chances of winning as quickly as possible.
Signups closes at 00:00 UTC Friday 1st of July, which is a little over 74 hours after this post, good luck.
Edited by Quarryman, 29 June 2011 - 09:33 AM.