Sign in to follow this  
StoutFiles

[WIP] Khetanna

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I picked up two 6210 Sail Barge sets for cheap, considering they each were about 90% with no minifigs. I thought they'd be perfect to use at part packs to make a better Khetanna and have two skiffs for the price of one set since 6210 is really expensive. Here's what I've got so far.

sail_1.jpg

sail_2.jpg

sail_3.jpg

sail_4.jpg

^As you can see, lots of room to MOD the inside. Sorry about the blurry pics, when I'm finished with all my shelves I'll take proper pictures with a good camera.

WOW! Really good! :drool:

I like that even though you made it twice the size, It still has the same play features of the set!

Maybe you could make the sails bigger, by scaning them and printing them out bigger. Just a thought. :classic:

I could see you making it bigger, and then you combinging it with ACPin's sarlac- that would be very cool!

Nice work so far!

Great job on expanding the size of the Khetanna StoutFiles, it looks a hundred times better at that size. And indeed, the spacious interior provides room for building more details inside (though I guess you wouldn't put any since this is for display purposes only right?) Very well done! :thumbup:

thought ur enlarged Barge is of a more accurate scale relative to the skiffs.

agree on the size of your sails. can be larger to aid in moving this monster.

Looking pretty good so far. My biggest concern is that the front of the hull doesn't smoothly transition to the sides. The current arrangement doesn't do a bad job, but I'd personally scrap the prefab boat hull pieces and start from scratch. As creative as that solution was for the System set, it doesn't work for me at this scale.

Ill first start by giving you a thumbs up for the idea :thumbup: . Looks gerat at a larger scale well done. You have done alright with the parts avalivbe.

WOW! Really good! :drool:

I like that even though you made it twice the size, It still has the same play features of the set!

Maybe you could make the sails bigger, by scaning them and printing them out bigger. Just a thought. :classic:

I will have to agree with Mutlty777 and say the mod can use some improving as its not much diffrent to the original set. At this size its hard to put extra detailing in the sides but with larger sails will make it more to scale. With some nice features this can really be an awsome MOC.

Thanks for all the compliments.

I definitely agree they're much too small now...it wouldn't be hard to replace them with bigger sails. However, I do try to keep my sets 100% Lego so I'm not sure if I'd be happy with replacing them with a non-Lego material. I'll think about it.

And indeed, the spacious interior provides room for building more details inside (though I guess you wouldn't put any since this is for display purposes only right?

I will when I'm finished with other displays. Hoping they release a Jabba set sometime so I can get updated minifigs.

My biggest concern is that the front of the hull doesn't smoothly transition to the sides.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about that either, both the transition and the angle of the hull. It works for now, I'm just out of brown pieces and can't do any better currently.