Sign in to follow this  
El Bucanero

The Red Peril

Inspired by evil Willy's Lotus, I created a small sloop for my pirates, I used custom cannons because of my lack of normal cannons and besides, the ship would be too packed with cannons with ''normal'' cannons

sloop.jpg

I can't wait to see more pics, and I love these last MOC's that are building smaller ships. The Damnations of the Sea and The Red Peril are pretty much awesome for MOC's IMHO.

Once more pics are up, I'l give you more feedback, but right now I love this ship!

I can't wait to see more pics, and I love these last MOC's that are building smaller ships. The Damnations of the Sea and The Red Peril are pretty much awesome for MOC's IMHO.

Once more pics are up, I'l give you more feedback, but right now I love this ship!

yes i echo that sentiment that it is great to see variety! The onlything right now that i can think of is, are you going to add another sail to it? it seems to me that it needs atleast one more... i dont know if you want to schooner rig it or square rig, but just seems like its missing one.

the image is small but cannons appear to be non-shooting cannons...in that case...why?shooting cannons are better.

And the mast shouldn't be so tall...sorry for be so harsh but to be sincere is my opinion...

Tre cool ship, I feel honored to have been a source of inspiration I for one really like the mast, it needs a little bit of work on the railing(where the cannons are) but it loosk great, keep it up.

the image is small but cannons appear to be non-shooting cannons...in that case...why?shooting cannons are better.

And the mast shouldn't be so tall...sorry for be so harsh but to be sincere is my opinion...

Because of the lack of shooting cannons, and iy SHOULD be a very tall mast, its a sloop....based on the game

lack of shooting cannons?okay...i thought be a pirate lego fan and not having shooting cannons is impossible...i was wrong

about the mast...based on wahat game?

One must admit that the size of that mast is unbelievable, but I think it's relatively proportionally accurate.

(A picture for reference: Lady Washington (replica). It's not much bigger than the Red Peril.)

IMG_4990_edited-1.jpg

Other than the rail transition to the bow, I like the sloop. Good work, Mr. Tiber!

I don't have a problem at all with the lack of "shooting" cannons. The cannons lego made are big and bulky. Thats ok for most of the ships lego put out, aside from the small no mid-section ships, because they wern't really heavily armed. It looks to me like this ship only has one midsection, so the use of homemade cannons to give her a better broadside is ok by me. It suits the ship better IMHO.

I like the sails, they were definatly a must-do addition. Everything else about this ship is great, aside from the cannons. I am in full agreeance that with this ship, they must be homemade cannons, but right now they don't even look like cannons to me. A little sprusing up of those, and I think you'll be good to go.

Oh, and IMHO means In My Humble Opninion ;-)

Oh, and IMHO means In My Humble Opninion ;-)

Actually, it means In My Humble Opinion X-D

I think this is a cool ship, although it might be better suited with a little less black, as it all seems to blend in. Some red trim on top would help that out, IMHO. Still looks good, very nice for its size.

Oh, and IMHO means In My Humble Opinion ;-)

Hmmm! You learn something new everyday. X-D The ship looks much better with the added sails, IMHO. ;-) Previously there was a lot of wasted space. Glad to see it filled up. The cannons, in my opinion, look just fine. Mr. Sean is right, in that those rails could use a coat of red paint on top.

Pillage 'n' Burn on! Arrrgh!