Edited by henryhotspurs, 22 June 2011 - 05:58 PM.
Least useful parts?
Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:57 PM
Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:40 PM
i don't think i have seen a town yet that one of the buildings have had them for the exterior (although i want to see one.)
Edited by sputnik16, 22 June 2011 - 08:31 PM.
Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:48 PM
Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:07 AM
So I'm thinking of just making my own SNOT road system. Heck, i don't think I'll ever use a whole lot of curved roadplates, either.
As for more useless LEGO parts, how about 90% of the BIONICLE/Hero factory pieces? Wow. (The remaining 10% could be useful for my town since I'm contemplating a police enforcer mecha)
Barnes and Noble & Starbucks - Thanks for supporting my Cuusoo Project! Reading (and coffee) is fundamental for minifigs!
Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:53 AM
Also, there is a somewhat old (January 2011) topic in the General Discussion about this: Link Bumping from that long ago probably wouldn't be good, but you could see what other people answered with.
Edited by brickmack, 23 June 2011 - 03:54 AM.
Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:05 AM
You could use it for a power plant.
But other than that it is pretty much useless.
p.s. Sorry, I don't know how to reply on someones comment (i'm new)
Edited by sputnik16, 24 June 2011 - 04:45 AM.
Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:28 PM
Click on the "Reply" button that's right below the post you want to reply to/quote. If you want to reply to many posts at the same time, click on the "Multiquote" button for every post you want to quote and then click the "Reply" that is at the bottom of the page.
Don't forget capital letters at the beginning of every sentence.
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:38 PM
Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:48 PM
Hironami kyotoki level 1 Knight
Tenrai female 22yrs old
Health: 10 Gold: 10
Items: Tenrai Doki (WP:3), kyotoki family shield(SP:2), potion
Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:01 PM
When I first got back to building, I thought "all technic parts are useless to me, I build city and castle"....then I had to dig out my Technic bits to build a custom horse-drawn carriage hitch.
I thought all Bionicle parts were dumb and useless... and then I saw some amazing non-mech stuff where Bionicle parts are used on buildings and layouts as accent pieces or part of a vehicle. Amazing! (sorry, I don't have any links to these).
The last thing was that figured i'll never use any gears - but I was wrong again! Now I'm working on something that will probably use many tiny gears, and a couple months ago I found a use building microscale for some "useless" flexible tubing (the smooth kind).
So for now I have to say that nothing is useless, just that perhaps I have not yet found a use for it yet.
Dagstyrr the Dead Fool in Ragnarök Now 3 by TinyPiesRUs
Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:58 PM
Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:43 PM
Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:30 AM
Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:12 AM
i find wings hard to use. can't seem to find a place for them unless u do airplane mocs. the other part is 2xX bricks. good only for fillers under plates. other than that, not really versatile as it "eats away" your baseplate area.
Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:16 AM
Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:16 AM
I have a couple of Four Way Intersections from Airport Layouts, that i just can't integrate.
But a solution for the Intersection pieces is simple, use them as T-Junctions, by building a raised sidewalk over one of the exits. THis gives you what looks like a 3-Way stop, or can be integrated with Traffic Lights.
You can also use one of the exits, as a parking spot, in a busy part of town. However, if i'm really lazy i just leave random LEGO dirt/blocks/bits at that intersection, thereby blocking access in that direction like what many construction companies do here.
Just my thoughts!
Latest MOC: Airport Motel
Legoredo Passenger Transport Board: Lead Developer
Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:04 PM
Real shame, the ones with the beach pattern could have been really useful.
Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:10 PM
I actually think Technic parts are really useful for making motorized elevators and car lifts for buildings, plus some Technic parts can create really nice stone effects, such as in this brilliant moc by tiberium_blue.
For all of my models, visit my flickr!
Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:50 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users