Chumley

Brickworld 2011--Presentations and Workshops.

Hi everyone, hope the ones who made Brickworld enjoyed the event.

First i want to thank everyone who presented and all who attended, this adds a lot of value to the event.

As the Coordinator for the workshops and presentation i want to know your thoughts.

What topics interested you and how do you feel they went?

What did you like and dislike?

Do you have any suggestions for next year?

I'd appreciate any comments or criticism and am always looking to improve for the following year for everyones benefit.

Thank

Mark Peterson

Presentation Coordinator.

Do you have any suggestions for next year?

It seemed like the Workshops on Thursday suffered some from being up against early set-up. I know a lot of people (myself included) either skipped the morning workshops or only attended the first part in order to get things out of our cars ASAP. It's a balancing act to be sure, but personally I'd rather see an uncontested hour or two up front for unload/setup before the workshops started.

Per request, I'm working on making my NPU&U presentation available on-line. It'd be nice next year to be able to distribute things at BrickWorld directly - maybe a contact person / station where attendees could grab electronic media from any (or all) of the presentations over the course of the weekend. Failing that, maybe presentations could be archived at Brickworld.us?

Yeah i agree with the conflicting time frames for load in and the workshops.

I like the idea of having all the presentations available either at the event for download or on the web for everyone to look at later.

thanks

Is there any progress being made on posting any of the presentations or workshops online? If this is geared more towards Brickworld 2012 I would like to add that the community would benefit at having all the presentations and workshops available online or possibly as a DVD to purchase for those who could not attend or get a spot in a workshop.

Is there any progress being made on posting any of the presentations or workshops online?

I've just set up an archive of the three presentations I was involved in (Storytelling, Transparent Parts, NPU) here:

Archive at Reasonably Clever

Printed the powerpoints into PDF for ease of reading (and to help get the size down a bit.)

Chris thank you for sharing the presentations. They were informational and enjoyable. I hope more presentations and workshops from BrickWorld will be posted online in the future.

Does anyone have any videos they recorded of any of the presentations? I didn't get to go to most of those, and I found most of the powerpoints online but no recordings of any of the discussions and whatnot.