Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Picture Comment Challenge - Counting up the votes

Picture Comment Challenge - Voting

Vote in this thread for the Picture Comment Challenge entries and YOU could WIN 8396 Soldier’s Arsenal just for voting!

PLUS you'll also receive a bonus voting point for our upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean contest. And yes, you can allocate points* to your own entry!

* Terms & conditions apply.

Please ensure you have read the Voting Rules First!!!

252790_10150193617354536_29356999535_6691747_8344638_n.jpg

Find Classic-Pirates.com on Facebook!

IMPORTANT!!!

Read the voting rules first! Ask any questions in the Voting Rules and Questions thread. Non-votes or invalid votes will be deleted.

The Entries

<div style= 'width: 500px;'>

Juliet Kembitskey - Save the rum!

Ben White - Too late, Captain Jack realized that Zombie Pirates are immune to fish slaps.

Yulai Danieli - **Jack_Sparrow slaps Capt_Barbossa with a large trout.

Doug Vandegrift - Jack Sparrow: "Sometimes I feel I'm the only scallywag around here who still cares to get out alive!

Cameron Tattersall - Jack: "THIS is what happens when you run out of rum!"

Seth Carver - quick clim the stairs to nowhere

Joe O'Connell - Following Angelica's burning of the QAR's limited rum supply, Jack descended into a hysteria-fuelled fish-slap zombie rage.

Niek Betten - Flounder: For when fire fails to vanquish the Flying Dutchman's fiendish fishmen

Andru T - Jack: "So long freaks, and thanks for all the fish!"

Cameron James Wright - after jack was attacked for his fish he made a premimter of fire to keep back the zombies. this is the day you almost stloe jack sarrows fish

Merlijn Wissink - Jack says: "Guys! Let's barbecue!"

Anita Eenink - Jack: 'You won't live to remember it, but a fight with Jack sparrow is as refreshing as a slap in the face with a wet fish'.

David Hensel ‎- "TODAY WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE DAY YOU ALMOST CAUGHT CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW", said jack as he tripped over a fish while trying to escape

Pete Walsh Jack: AHH! Zombie krakken! Take the fish!

Daan Bargerbos - Jack: "Really guys: this fish is healthy, but wait for the kraken, it is even better!"

Asa Wagner - Jack: Im going to step out (jack then staggers away and grabs some rum)

Ed Boyd - It turned out that this was a really bad moment to pull a practical joke on Jack as he attempted to pull off the "Swords from the floor" trick that Barbossa and Elisibeth had used in Singapore.

Paul Timmermans - It smells like fish but tastes like Kraken!

Hayden Walsh - Jack: If the rum battered fish didn't all give ye scurvy just wait till you try my giant flaming calamari

Fred Schunke - Jack: "And I thought the skelie pirate were bad! I wish I hadn't dropped my cutlass."

Daniel Ludwig - Jack: "something smells good!"

Michael Springhart ‎- "Just give Kraken the fish, Jack!"

Cody Ottley ‎- "Oh Bugger"

Oliver Chappel ‎- " I'M SUPPOSED TO FIGHT ALL THESE BLOODY ZOMBIES.......WITH A FISH!?"

Sergio Robledo-Maderazo ‎- [Jack raises the fish and slaps it upside the head ceremoniously.] "'Aqua de vida!' ... Hmm... Let's see... 'Parlay?"'

Brandon Blackman - The real question is, why is there an aviator, cowboy, and musketeer zombie on the ship?

Nikolay Kuznetsov - The ordinary end of Jack's parleys.

Matteo Lelli ‎- "Don't take me!! I have a crew to feed... take them!!" *sharing a fish for his life*

Kyle Fullwood ‎(nigel bloodsmear) -

Barbossa: Jack we have to do something!

Jack: hmm fire kraken and zombies. I KNOW! i shall battle with a fish then i can have fried cod AND calamari

Steve Meitzler ‎- "Help, my bass is on fire!"

George Gundry - "...wait now... I signed up for It's a Small World!"

Richard Whiter - Jack flounders aboard the ship of the pirate zombie village people...

Raj Tuason - Jack - Is it just me or is the fish just isn't that helpful?

Scott Kraft ‎- "This isn't my sword!"

Tjaša Štrbenk - To escape a burning situation like this, Captain Jack Sparrow always has something fishy up his sleeve - or this time in his hand.

Samuel Nicholson - Its like in the Bible, theres enough fish for everyone!

Elliott Fullner - Everyone look out! Anyone who drinks me rum gets to taste me pet fish Eric!

Maellie Colombet - Jack to the zombies: "Who among you is the father of this fish? Worthy father, I admit, considering the sculptural scales of the offspring. Or married to a mermaid maybe? But please, spare me the image of this view, do not tell me that the Kraken was your partner..."

Ian Chan ‎- "I guess dead men do tell tales!!"

Craig Jansen - What the Knights Who 'Til Recently Said Ni can train you to do

Hemish Dekker Jack - I see why Orlando and Keira didnt come back for this movie

Ricky Lego Foster - Rum And Fried Fish For Everyone Savey

Rens Kievits - Ho, ho, ho and a fishstick!

Nils Oddvar Ulland - Jack: Why do I feel the ship is in danger?

Mike Scafide Jack - "They say not to eat the flounder. It releases a toxin that... *shakes head* makes one *stares at Zombie* see things. Yes! Nothing wrong here. You can't *eyes bulge* Say, my green friend, would you be so caring as to hold on to my fish here, it appears I am on fire."

TechBytes Vernon ‎ - "You shall always remember this as the day you almost made fish food of Captain Jack Sparrow!"

Entrepreneurs Buurtcomité - "A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in rum, now where's that rum ? anyone ?"

Brandon Robert Gottschall ‎- "Gentleman. Forget the way you look; you blokes will never find yourselves a girl while you smell like... THIS!"

</div>

Note to Freestyler Lee & Lukey Dukey - your Facebook accounts are difficult to verify as authentic. Before we can accept your entry you'll need to demonstrate this is your primary Facebook account and it has existed prior to the contest launch. Please continue this discussion in the Voting Rules and Questions thread.

Richard Whiter “Jack flounders aboard the ship of the pirate zombie village people...” – 1 point.

Thought this was really funny both for flounder pun and for pointing out the use of the torso's of the lego zombies like aviator and cowboy and connecting that to The Village People dressed up as cowboy etc.

Merlijn Wissink “Jack says: "Guys! Let's barbecue!” – 1 point.

Daniel Ludwig “Jack: "something smells good!" – 1 point.

Edited by Weil

Maellie Colombet - Jack to the zombies: "Who among you is the father of this fish? Worthy father, I admit, considering the sculptural scales of the offspring. Or married to a mermaid maybe? But please, spare me the image of this view, do not tell me that the Kraken was your partner..." -- 3 points.

While I'll admit that a few of the others made me chuckle, I believe this response best captured the voice of Jack Sparrow. Well played.

Ed Boyd - 'It turned out that this was a really bad moment to pull a practical joke on Jack as he attempted to pull off the "Swords from the floor" trick that Barbossa and Elisibeth had used in Singapore.' - 3 points

Truly funny :pir_laugh2: , this caption uses a classic scene of the third film to create a comical caption. It fits the scene well and matches with Jack's annoyed expression. The zombie on the left looks surprised at the fish and the other zombie looks like he's frowning at the strange fish flying through the floor in Jack's hand. Barbossa looks like he is half-laughing-half-scared.The other pirate seems as if he has given up on Jack and is hiding, he sniggers quietly while Jack runs with the fish. . Jack looks like he is doing his girly run to the side of the ship to jump off the side.

Overall, I like this comment the most and with it luck in the contest! :pir-sweet:

Edited by Scorpiox

Steve Meitzler ‎- "Help, my bass is on fire!"- 3 points

This comment is brief but effective. Jack's one liners are usually his best comments. You don't really have to spend alot of time thinking about the comment before you can laugh!

Jack as usual is focused on the minor point that has only to do with himself. He doesn't care about the fire, about the zombies: most importantly, his fish is on fire!

Of course, the use of the word bass also fits with the way Jack talks. The use of the double entendre is classic Jack.

Six words, but perfectly captures the character. Great work, Steve. :pirate_skel1:

David Hensel ‎- "TODAY WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE DAY YOU ALMOST CAUGHT CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW", said jack as he tripped over a fish while trying to escape- 1 point

Although this is a fairly basic response it really reminds me of the many times that Cap'n Jack makes me laugh uncontrollably by what Privateer Barbossa thinks are his "planned exits" and Jack knows that he just makes it up as he goes. Nice Job!

Steve Meitzler ‎- "Help, my bass is on fire!"- 2 points

This is a really clever pun that uses a lot of the elements in the picture to create a very clever response. This truly reminds me of something that Jack Sparrow would say and it made me laugh for quite a while, nice job!

Edited by ryanrl

Scott Kraft ‎- "This isn't my sword!" - 2 points

I'm a big fan of short and sweet for captions - and you can't get much shorter or sweeter than this one. I like the fact that as short as it is, there's an imagined backstory - what really did happen to Jack's sword? And it helps that this is in fact, almost word for word the comment I was thinking about submitting! :pir_laugh2:

Ian Chan ‎- "I guess dead men do tell tales!!" - 1 point

Perfectly piratey reference, and another short and sweet one-liner.

my thoughts:

Hemish Dekker Jack - I see why Orlando and Keira didnt come back for this movie 1 point.

Ian Chan ‎- "I guess dead men do tell tales!!" 1 point

Cody Ottley ‎- "Oh Bugger" 1 point

These comment were so dry and utterly hilarious.

Edited by dr jones

Maellie Colombet - Jack to the zombies: "Who among you is the father of this fish? Worthy father, I admit, considering the sculptural scales of the offspring. Or married to a mermaid maybe? But please, spare me the image of this view, do not tell me that the Kraken was your partner..." - 3 points.

Heh.. Very funny.

Nils Oddvar Ulland - "Jack: Why do I feel the ship is in danger?" 2 points.

Imaginatively funny; Here I could litterly hear Jack Sparrow say this phrase and this is typicaly Jack. He would never just say that the ship is on fire since he would not even have noticed it in the first place when he has taken to much rum for a drink.

--

Ricky Lego Foster - "Rum And Fried Fish For Everyone Savey" 1 point.

The situation here is just given a funny but fried dry twist.

Mike Scafide Jack - "They say not to eat the flounder. It releases a toxin that... *shakes head* makes one *stares at Zombie* see things. Yes! Nothing wrong here. You can't *eyes bulge* Say, my green friend, would you be so caring as to hold on to my fish here, it appears I am on fire." - 1 point

Andru T - Jack: "So long freaks, and thanks for all the fish!" - 2 points

Juliet Kembitskey - Save the rum! - 1 point Simple is usually better. Save the rum can apply to any Pirates picture :pir-tongue:

Ben White - Too late, Captain Jack realized that Zombie Pirates are immune to fish slaps. - 2 points Fish slaps are always funny. The wording just made me laugh.

Edited by prateek

Point 1 - TechBytes Vernon "You shall always remember this as the day you almost made fish food of Captain Jack Sparrow!"

Point 2 - Scott Kraft "This isn't my sword!

Point 3 - Hemish Dekker Jack - I see why Orlando and Keira didnt come back for this movie

Cameron Tattersall - Jack: "THIS is what happens when you run out of rum!" - 2 points

I think Jack has finally realized something great: always keep an extra two bottles of rum at hand! Anyways, they're much easier to fight with than a fish :pir-grin: This one really fits Jack well.

Juliet Kembitskey - Save the rum! - 1 point

Save the rum, for it is the only thing worth saving! :pir-sing: Another one that fits any pirate well, especially scurvy Jack! I wonder which is more valuable to Jack, gold or rum...

Edited by Flare

Hemish Dekker Jack - I see why Orlando and Keira didnt come back for this movie - 2 points

Suitably mocks the original subject material and is hilarious. I think the only reason Johnny Depp continues to make these movies is that he likes to wear the make-up a little too much. Really that explains a lot of the movie choices he makes.

George Gundry - "...wait now... I signed up for It's a Small World!" - 1 point

You can't go wrong with a classic disney reference and considering where the concept of POTC comes from it is really appropriate. It does beg the question: How long till Disney finishes scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas and does make A Small World into a movie?

Ian Chan ‎- "I guess dead men do tell tales!!" -1 point

I liked this but It might have been better if it said "So it's true, dead man tell no tales" considering the rather hostile situation :P

Sergio Robledo-Maderazo ‎- [Jack raises the fish and slaps it upside the head ceremoniously.] "'Aqua de vida!' ... Hmm... Let's see... 'Parlay?"' -1 point

palalou... parsnip, parsley... Parlay !

Doug Vandegrift - Jack Sparrow: "Sometimes I feel I'm the only scallywag around here who still cares to get out alive! -1 point

Typical for jack to view the situation from a distance and wondering why what is going is going on.

Like in the 4th movie when Barbossa and Blackbeard start a fight and their crews fight along.

Okay (not ok-ey), so my first vote is for

-Andru T - Jack: "So long freaks, and thanks for all the fish!"-2 points

I just read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and it seems like such a Jack thing to do, to take something, and leave every one else in danger.

-Cameron Tattersall - Jack: "THIS is what happens when you run out of rum!"

True :pir_laugh2:

Juliet Kembitskey - Save the rum! - 1 point

Cameron Tattersall - Jack: "THIS is what happens when you run out of rum!" - 2 points

It HAS to be about the rum ... just has to be!!!

Richard Whiter - Jack flounders aboard the ship of the pirate zombie village people... -1 Point

An obvious yet imaginative choice for a caption. This really relates to the scene and gave me a little chuckle when reading it. Possible one of the best that really connects to the viewing audience.

Hemish Dekker Jack - I see why Orlando and Keira didnt come back for this movie -2 Points

A really funny comment connecting it perfectly to some fan horror to "On Stranger Tides" I did laugh a lot when I heard this one.

David Hensel ‎- "TODAY WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE DAY YOU ALMOST CAUGHT CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW", said jack as he tripped over a fish while trying to escape - 1 point

This caption seemed to me like something Jack would totally say, then mess up -- boastful but clumsy, totally in character!

Elliott Fullner - Everyone look out! Anyone who drinks me rum gets to taste me pet fish Eric! - 1 point

I guess the irrelevance of the caption -- including the pet's name bit -- cracked me up! Absurd humour always works for me.

Craig Jansen - What the Knights Who 'Til Recently Said Ni can train you to do - 1 point

Ah, a Monty Python reference! Certainly Jack Sparrow looks like someone who could have been trained by that bunch of lunatics. With a sacred word Jack would certainly manage to get himself out of trouble... or into even more!

Juliet Kembitskey - "Save the rum!" - 1 point

For a concise yet witty quote.

Hemish Dekker Jack - "I see why Orlando and Keira didnt come back for this movie" - 1 point

Aside from the obvious, is this a hint on the movie's overall performance in comparison to the former 3? Point awarded for making me ponder on this on this.

Ben White - "Too late, Captain Jack realized that Zombie Pirates are immune to fish slaps." - 1 point

Point awarded for the most creative quote I have read. Ben Kenobi would have found the use of fish as a weapon to be very uncivilized.

Edited by Donut

Haha, some funny captions in there!

My 3 points go to:

Julliet Kembitskey

Cameron Tattersall

Rickey Legofoster

Simply because they are about rum, and I do like rum! :pir_laugh2:

Good luck everybody!

Sergio Robledo-Maderazo ‎- [Jack raises the fish and slaps it upside the head ceremoniously.] "'Aqua de vida!' ... Hmm... Let's see... 'Parlay?"' 2 Points

Made me chuckle. It was one of the funny parts of the film and the idea of it being done with a fish appeals for some childish reason. Its the kind of thing that jack would do, he means to do something spectacular but ultimately it doesn't work and he's just holding a fish.

Nikolay Kuznetsov - The ordinary end of Jack's parleys. 1 Point

I liked this one as it was one of the few captions that was an actual caption rather than whatever jack was saying. It was also quite witty and made me smile.

Seth Carver "quick clim the stairs to nowhere" - 3 points.

Irrationality paired with haste seems like a perfect solution to the current sitation :pir_laugh2:

Scott Kraft ‎- "This isn't my sword!" - 3 points.

I just simply love this, reminds me from the 3rd movie where Jack lost his sword when Davy Jones cutted it. Absolutly hilarios one.

CaptainB Becker