fred67

Mini Ship MOC

thindexedgif.gif 113B

5768929570_b4b27a19b3.jpg

DSCF0771 by FredJH, on Flickr

5768929554_56b66d348b.jpg

DSCF0770 by FredJH, on Flickr

Not much to say about it... I've already done a few revisions - made the sails more "billowy," did the masts with bars in them to both make them more sturdy and have something to attach the flags to... I would like to get a red stripe under the deck with the cannons, but unbelievably I have like 10 red right wedge plates of that size, and NO lefts (??? must have been a bulk buy).

I think you can to continue the build this little ships!

It looks pretty. :thumbup:

That looks really cool, and very detailed for its size. I feel the front slope is a little early IMO.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it.

I noticed when I was building it that it was too thin; it's hard to see in all black, but on the bottom, from about midway to the back, uses these:

2413.gif

Which lets it taper slightly towards the back. I simply don't see how, using a straightforward building technique, to make it fatter in the mid section.

I'm also not particularly happy with the front, either. It probably does slope too steeply, and the piece on front is not what I intended, but I didn't have the piece I wanted in black. I will definitely be modifying this ship and will post the results... just placed a BL order, but haven't even been invoiced yet.

I may start over with a completely different technique... I just grabbed pieces and built this one; I think I will use graph paper to make sure to get the shape right.

I actually updated this ship shortly after posting the original here, but never got around to taking pictures. The thread asking if your ship had been indexed got me thinking I should, because I think the newer one is nicer.

7951967610_bde3457e9a.jpg

DSCF1567 by FredJH, on Flickr

7951969056_3c5c16955d.jpg

DSCF1568 by FredJH, on Flickr

She has a pretty good overall form and colorscheme and I especially like those technic pin guns. The sails are nice too. Building large ships can be challenging, but building small ones like this can prove to be a good challenge as well as you have no doubt discovered.

I absolutely dream about the sails. The way you've kind of angled them, and built them to give the 'wind blow' effect makes it even more incredible! I should angle my sails on mine more.pir_laugh2.gif

I absolutely dream about the sails. The way you've kind of angled them, and built them to give the 'wind blow' effect makes it even more incredible! I should angle my sails on mine more.pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks! But if you like those, you should LOVE this one by Ragnar, I think it's outstanding - the sails are an awesome idea.

Edited by fred67

Ragnar's sails are tremendous! I especially like his stern as well. I just think you both have wonderful sails for a ship this scale.pirate_classic.gifthumbup.gif

You proved that the less a creation is, the more skillful creators can be. You're surely one of them!

Please don't bump old topics with a one-lined comment. MOCs do date, but if you have something important to add then it's OK. You should review Revisiting Topic Bumping for additional guidance, which is linked in the Site Guidelines. Thank you.