Sign in to follow this  
"LL"

Daily life in the port is the same everyday ...

Hi!

It's my debut here. I presents my first MOC here. My second pirate vignette. Build for show my own techniques. What do you think about it? Somebody wants to use some of techniques from here? If yes, please add note (you know what note)... ;)

5755060059_5c376259a3.jpg

Daily life in the port is the same everyday by Lolino "LL", on Flickr

Brickshelf

Flickr

Thank you for your attention,

LL

Truly interesting techniques you've used there. The shot and smoke coming out of the soldier's pistol and the little twig growing from the cliff made out of brown arms are really clever. The minifig hands and arms as feet and legs look strange because we all know them in this place only from those monkeys :) . The waves made from legs are decent, I'd say. Thanks for posting it!

Edited by Cherno

Very clever, it's a great MOC standalone but the clever use of some pieces makes it stand out.

This clearly qualifies as NPU. The techniques showcased here are quite unique. I am a big big fan of the branch and bird.

I'm on the fence about the legs though, as Cherno said we're not used to seeing arms as legs. I think the technique is pretty cool but throws the chest to leg ratio out of proportions.

Excellent work though!

Pirate

I thnik the problem with the arm-legs is

a) they are too thin and look like the minifig is wearing tight-fitting leatherpants or something, while in reality many people of that era seemed to have have favored loose fitting clothing which makes for a more baggy style

b) the hands as feet just look like the bioengineering from the movie Aeon Flux with Charlize Theron :pir-blush:

Welcome to Eurobricks! That's a very nice MOC as a start.

It's very original with many new techniques. I'm not sure if they will all be used by other MOCers though.

Especially the waves, the twig and the bird are excellent. The feet look a bit too much monkey-like, but they are funny :pirate:

I like the running bluecoat the most. He's a bit like a comic figure with those legs.

Nice one :thumbup: [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

very nice, interesting use of minifigure arms as legs. I can't help but think about the monkeys as well :P

But the soldiers looks fine that way, probably because it aren't yellow hands you used on him.

Realy thanks for your comments guys :D. Its always nice to read.

And of course thanks for blogged it ;>.

:pir-laugh: they look like monkeys! :monkey:

I love the feet-ocean technic, very clever :thumbup:

and welcome to Eurobricks!

You certainly use some interesting techniques in this MOC. Although I dislike the use of arms as legs as they look too unnatural for me(as far as a minifigure can look natural :pir-tongue:), this still is a creative idea I would never have thought about by myself. I like how you did the pistol shot a lot, it took me some time to figure out how you did it, but then I was really impressed.

Good job on this MOC. :thumbup:

wow, love the use of legs in the sea, love the bitz used to make the bird and the explosion in the gun...but i cant quite get used to the legs, it looks too much like the legs on the monkey!

Great work though!! :D